2023 Corvette Z06 vs 2022 Ford GT

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Z06 looks Model 3 bland next to the GT? LOL. IMO they're both eye catching and gorgeous. No blandness in either. Boils down to personal preferences and the competing nuances of both. And how deep your wallet is.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Leaving price off the table, Z06 for me. All day.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I don't know how they dropped almost 400lbs from the GT. The one that came out in 2017 was like 3400lbs? This one is around 3000lbs? The C8Z did pretty well for being heavier by 600lbs.

Recon

Established Member
Z06 for me, but the base model is the one I’d want. Looks great.

Didn’t the first V6 GTs have a roll cage built in them? Maybe this one has that removed, but they found out who to strengthen the chassis without it.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Do remember the GT is now 7 years old, Im actually surprised it was faster (and I own one). A LOT of speed improvements have happened in 7 years.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Do remember the GT is now 7 years old, Im actually surprised it was faster (and I own one). A LOT of speed improvements have happened in 7 years.
True. Both are amazing cars. Desirability is more than just performance numbers. A new Shelby is faster than a Ferrari 288 GTO. The Ferrari is worth 25X more than the Shelby.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I was only thinking about maybe the last 15-20 years or so, and the amazing performance that has been achieved.

And I agree 1000%, ultimate speed / performance is only a part of desirability.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The FGT sounds great regardless of the V6. It's more exotic and faster which is to be expected running to maximum velocity, but the Vette is the more realistic and fun supercar. It gives you everything you want on tap all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread