2023 C8 Z06 news

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i've been excited to see this ever since hearing the C8.R rev

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I really ****ing hope it comes with manual tranny option, but I suppose I'm not really expecting it to since the base c8 doesn't offer it... sad times. it sounds great tho.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
OMG does that motor sound awesome. Can’t wait to see the launch and read reviews. It’s gonna be an absolute beast!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Z06

Established Member
I would of not gone as far as saying putting the world on notice. By the time this thing hits owners, other manufacturers will have already 1+. Either way she sounds lovely and I can't wait to see the final form.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Poor Chevrolet, the rags are calling it, "Ferrari-like". Europe doesn't have a patent on engine design or exhaust note. Jeez. Sounds amazing. Car better run deep, deep 10s or GTFO with your bullshit. Shit, 9s are becoming the new normal.
This car doesnt have the power to run 9s. If anything it will probably have the same performance as a 458 italia, a faster shifting trans, but 200-300lbs heavier. It will probably be competitive with a Huracan.

Would love a turbo Huracan tho.

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
Ha the joke is on you! ... Its an EV and the sounds you hear are from a 20 speaker audio system piped into the cabin....

Yes this is sarcasm =)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL! We know that at some point we WILL be reading about an electric Vette. I shutter at the thought.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Ive been excited for the Z06.... first it was coming in '21 then '22 now '23..... hate to say it, 625hp is really not a lot of power in the performance car world any longer. Yes, I like the idea of a 8500 rpm screaming v8... but lacking the low end torque from positive displacement will make it feel weak at low rpms. When I drove a GT350 the first time, first thing I felt was how weak it felt down low. Yes, once you run it up it comes alive. But on the street how often will that happen?
Bottom line is this thing will be Chevys version of the 911 GT3 in the line up. We all know that, but in the past the Z06s have been beasts on the street and the strip. I have a hunch even the E-Ray will beat it in a straight line.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
My car is going up for sale soon to make way for one pending the final aesthetic changes over the base car. I want the equity from my car for sure but I’m actually just tired of all the EPA bullshit.

NY will clamp down even more soon like shit hole Cali and I’m done with it. They are already attempting to get Coumo to sign a bill that has already passed outlawing aftermarket exhausts in general. I just want a quick, mostly stock car to enjoy at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread