2022 Super Duty

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For those of you in a similar boat to me, the 2022 order guide is out today. Really want to see build and price. Didn’t know about the svtp x plan, but my Ford shares are doing well since this summer when I bought.
@13COBRA how about stacking 2 x plans? Hahaha

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=270963&d=1615814574
Not exactly, but I can help you out.
What's the deal with the High Capacity tow package? I see that is changes the GCW to 30k for the F250. Does it also change the GVWR or is that still at 10k for the 250?
Correct, if I'm reading it correctly.

Sent from my Potato

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh yeah I was just giving you a hard time. Do you know when build and price goes live?
Not exactly, but I can help you out. Correct, if I'm reading it correctly.

Sent from my Potato

HCTP is basically an 800 lb increase in payload to offset the weight of the Diesel engine from what I’ve seen so your gvwr on a 250 doesn’t go to hell

gtmustang00

Established Member
Went to build a diesel the other day (Loaded reg cab long bed)...Is it true no more dual batteries in the diesel? Was only an option in the gas motors.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking at the pic on the first page of this thread, what have they done to improve the interior?

The steel piston 2020+ powerstroke motor is a bad bitch and would probably be my motor of choice if i were in the market for a new 3/4 or 1T truck but that 2020-2021 interior is pure trash compared to the competition.

$65k+ for a decently equipped XLT that has a rubber/plastic steering wheel and a 3" screen in the center of the dash is a complete joke!

You spend most of your time inside any car you drive vs. standing outside looking at it so the interior quality and accommodations is very important IMO.

Ram has Ford absolutely crushed in this aspect (interior) and with the 1075 lb/ft torque out of the HO Cummins this year (and the return of the CP3 injection pump) it seems that anyone in this market right now would be foolish to not buy a new Cummins truck.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey @13COBRA, quick question. Is it up to the dealer to honor X Plan discounts? I’ve had two different dealers in the past tell me that using X Plan would cost me more money in the end because their discounts were better than it would be using X-Plan discounts. They basically said their discounts were off the table and would not add the X-Plan on top of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey @13COBRA, quick question. Is it up to the dealer to honor X Plan discounts? I’ve had two different dealers in the past tell me that using X Plan would cost me more money in the end because their discounts were better than it would be using X-Plan discounts. They basically said their discounts were off the table and would not add the X-Plan on top of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is up to the dealer to honor any of the plan prices.

X-Plan is a set price on the invoice. So yes, a dealer can discount the vehicle lower than X-Plan and at that put the X-Plan would be worthless to you. X-Plan is a price, not a discounted dollar amount.

On my website we advertise the MSRP, minus rebates and discounts, and it comes to the final price. Some of our vehicle lines are priced about X-Plan pricing, minus rebates, and some are a little less. Right now, with the current inventory levels, there aren't a ton of dealers that are willing to sell for much under X-Plan, as they can't easily replace the vehicle as they once did.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Looking at the pic on the first page of this thread, what have they done to improve the interior?

The steel piston 2020+ powerstroke motor is a bad bitch and would probably be my motor of choice if i were in the market for a new 3/4 or 1T truck but that 2020-2021 interior is pure trash compared to the competition.

$65k+ for a decently equipped XLT that has a rubber/plastic steering wheel and a 3" screen in the center of the dash is a complete joke!

You spend most of your time inside any car you drive vs. standing outside looking at it so the interior quality and accommodations is very important IMO.

Ram has Ford absolutely crushed in this aspect (interior) and with the 1075 lb/ft torque out of the HO Cummins this year (and the return of the CP3 injection pump) it seems that anyone in this market right now would be foolish to not buy a new Cummins truck.

I hadn't seen that the Cummins B-Series would be going back to a CP3 in the pickup market.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Antone want to convince me on the 7.3 gas vs 6.7PS?

Dealer called and said they can take down orders, not sure if it will be submitted to ford for a bit but i can get the ball rolling.

Never had a diesel, the 7.3 would tow all that i need. But the amount of torque and power in the 6.7 is tempting.

The rational side of me says to get the 7.3...

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
$10k price difference buys a lot of pump gas. No emissions BS, lighter truck, in videos the 7.3 sounds amazing. It’s a much simpler platform making plenty of power.
Big question is 3.55 or 4.30 rear. I really wish they offered 3.73 in the 250

Dealer called and said they can take down orders, not sure if it will be submitted to ford for a bit but i can get the ball rolling.

Never had a diesel, the 7.3 would tow all that i need. But the amount of torque and power in the 6.7 is tempting.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Let me price one for you :)

If you aren't pulling something, just get the 7.3L, you wouldn't regret it.

If you're going to pull stuff, or lift it, I'd go 6.7L.

Users who are viewing this thread