2022 Super Duty

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
In the "old" days, diesels would last more than 2x as long as their gas counterparts. This is due to the fact that diesel engines spin at roughly half the RPM a gas motor does so the bottom ends last just about forever.

The newer diesels have the emissions garbage to worry about, but there are tons of guys who "hot shot" them (use them for work--towing--transportation businesses) that have gone 400k+ miles with 0 issues w/the emissions components so who knows.

Dont ever expect to work on a modern powerstroke yourself--just about physically impossible, plus the special tools required will force you to refi your house. Duramax is similar. The cummins can still be worked on by your garage mechanic--mostly.

The modern diesels start in the cold just fine, especially if you plug in at night.

Diesels still get better fuel mileage than gas, but not better "enough" to justify the added cost over gas IMO.

The draw of a modern diesel over gas is the torque and ease of towing large loads and peace of mind being able to do 65+ mph up a mountain with 15k lbs behind you, driving with one hand on the steering wheel with a coffee in the other. A gas motor'd truck in a similar situation will be spinning at 4k-5k rpm and you will be constantly listening for a rod to fly out the passenger side of the block as tractor trailers are passing you because you are only going 40 mph up that hill with your foot planted on the floor.

Just do it! lmao

LOL
Thanks man. I appreciate the info.
I think I'm going to pass. lol

Beautiful truck my man. Gorgeous.
What are the HP and TQ numbers on that thing?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL
Thanks man. I appreciate the info.
I think I'm going to pass. lol

Beautiful truck my man. Gorgeous.
What are the HP and TQ numbers on that thing?

You cant go wrong either way brother. For a guy in your situation.. the diesel is overkill.. no need.

And i know youre a Ram guy at heart, so i cant fault you lol!!

My truck makes 420hp/1075tq. She moves along just fine haha

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
You cant go wrong either way brother. For a guy in your situation.. the diesel is overkill.. no need.

And i know youre a Ram guy at heart, so i cant fault you lol!!

My truck makes 420hp/1075tq. She moves along just fine haha
Very nice. That thing is beastly!!!
I really don't need the diesel, I was just inquiring about them. Thanks brother.

My94GT

Established Member
The temptation to buy a new F250 is real specially since I could unload my current ram 1500 for a good amount of money.
What is the current lead time on builds?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The temptation to buy a new F250 is real specially since I could unload my current ram 1500 for a good amount of money.
What is the current lead time on builds?

3-6 months.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This may be a stupid question but if I wanted to order one how would trade deal work? I assume trade price would be discussed at time of delivery since it would be such a large time gap.

You would get a pretty good estimate today, then a week or two before the new one came in, we would discuss trade again and get something solid.

My94GT

Established Member
You would get a pretty good estimate today, then a week or two before the new one came in, we would discuss trade again and get something solid.
What all do you need to put a trade estimate together and pricing for a 250 platinum with Diesel engine?

Users who are viewing this thread