Established Member
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Chalk w/Red/Black interior
10 miles
2.9 liter twin turbo V6
434HP/405TQ
0-60: 3.5secs
Top Speed: 169MPH

Brand new off the lot! Was NOT prepped at the dealer. Was delivered ‘in the wrapper’. Was unwrapped immediately before delivery and just rinsed off. Paint is in excellent condition. A lot of interior/exterior/adhesive/etc to be removed from a new vehicle. Paint was SOFT.

The ‘details’:
Adam’s strip wash, tire/rubber cleaner/wheel cleaner.
McKee’s37 iron remover.
Fine clay mitt.
Master Blaster to dry.
DeFelsko PTG.
Scangrip lighting.
Flex machines. Rupes iBrid.
LC pads.
Griot’s correcting and perfecting creams.
Optimum panel wipe.
22ple Mistico Elemento Forte.
22ple VM1 on wheels/calipers.
22ple glass coating.
Autofinesse glass cleaner.
Adam’s graphene tire dressing.
Metro vacuum.
Tarminator for any adhesive/tar.
McKee’s37 total interior detailer.
GYEON leather shield.
303 fabric protectant on the floor mats.

Thank you for looking!

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So nice. Would be a killer daily driver.
Love that color combo with the Chalk exterior.

Looks great as always Scott.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Does the "chalk" present unique challenges for your methods? I'm just wondering as I'm seeing more and more of this "flavor" of paint from Porsches to Hyundai's...

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thanks Tones!

TAF, not necessarily, it is more difficult to 'see' the defects and progress as well as applying coatings on lighter colors can be challenging, but nothing crazy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is the "chalk" a matte finish paint? If so, as on the Genesis GV70 as an option, it has unique care needs. I almost went with Melbourne Gray (matte) but decided against it.

Nice work, Scott. Hey, can you explain what "soft" paint is? Is it "soft" because it is fresh from the factory and hasn't had enough time to cure? I believe it scratches pretty easily unless top coated. I know very little about paint, LOL.

I'm also curious about the navigation/info screen. It sits low and looks like it gives off quite a bit of reflection. Or is it just the photos?

Again, nice detailing sir!

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
Thanks Tones!

TAF, not necessarily, it is more difficult to 'see' the defects and progress as well as applying coatings on lighter colors can be challenging, but nothing crazy.
Thanks for the reply...my Platinum Dune on my Explorer looks kinda "chalk" from afar...but up close has metallic flakes...

I see more and more of this "chalk" out there, though.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
TAF: I know that color! It's a cool color! Yep, these colors are getting popular!

Bob: Thank you! It is not. It is glossy. I rate paint in how 'hard' the clear is-soft to hard. Depends on the type as well as the manufacturer as to what it 'is'/responds to correction. All of them will scratch/mar/swirl, it just depends on how much 'effort' it takes to correct/remove the defects!

I believe it was just the angle of my shot, I attempt to get as much as the dash/interior as possible and sometimes have to have the camera up pretty high/angled. Also it is bright as the sun with my lights! LOL

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
TAF: I know that color! It's a cool color! Yep, these colors are getting popular!

Bob: Thank you! It is not. It is glossy. I rate paint in how 'hard' the clear is-soft to hard. Depends on the type as well as the manufacturer as to what it 'is'/responds to correction. All of them will scratch/mar/swirl, it just depends on how much 'effort' it takes to correct/remove the defects!

I believe it was just the angle of my shot, I attempt to get as much as the dash/interior as possible and sometimes have to have the camera up pretty high/angled. Also it is bright as the sun with my lights! LOL
Ah, I see. I asked because when I researched "chalk" paint I kept seeing "matte" finish.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
2022 Porsche Macan GTS
Chalk w/Red/Black interior
10 miles
2.9 liter twin turbo V6
434HP/405TQ
0-60: 3.5secs
Top Speed: 169MPH

Brand new off the lot! Was NOT prepped at the dealer. Was delivered ‘in the wrapper’. Was unwrapped immediately before delivery and just rinsed off. Paint is in excellent condition. A lot of interior/exterior/adhesive/etc to be removed from a new vehicle. Paint was SOFT.

The ‘details’:
Adam’s strip wash, tire/rubber cleaner/wheel cleaner.
McKee’s37 iron remover.
Fine clay mitt.
Master Blaster to dry.
DeFelsko PTG.
Scangrip lighting.
Flex machines. Rupes iBrid.
LC pads.
Griot’s correcting and perfecting creams.
Optimum panel wipe.
22ple Mistico Elemento Forte.
22ple VM1 on wheels/calipers.
22ple glass coating.
Autofinesse glass cleaner.
Adam’s graphene tire dressing.
Metro vacuum.
Tarminator for any adhesive/tar.
McKee’s37 total interior detailer.
GYEON leather shield.
303 fabric protectant on the floor mats.

Thank you for looking!

Love the vehicle and your work. The color of this vehicle is odd.

Users who are viewing this thread