2022 GT500 Heritage Edition

Breitling

Established Member
Tried putting in an order yesterday for a '22 iconic silver (base) and here was my dealer's response:

"The order banks opened for 2 specialty groups of GT500's opened today (GT500 Heritage Edition and the Coastal Limited Edition). The order bank for regular GT500 has not opened yet."

That's not consistent with the article from Ford. Was anyone able to order yesterday?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tried putting in an order yesterday for a '22 iconic silver (base) and here was my dealer's response:

"The order banks opened for 2 specialty groups of GT500's opened today (GT500 Heritage Edition and the Coastal Limited Edition). The order bank for regular GT500 has not opened yet."

That's not consistent with the article from Ford. Was anyone able to order yesterday?
It was hit and miss. Ford needs better servers.

Sent from my Potato

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I’d have to look at the paint codes but I’d it the same paint code with just a different name? Or an entirely different color?
-J

You're correct! It's the same P2. The Canadian order guide was posted by Snoopy here and by someone else on another forum. So we can resume calling it oil slick.

Makes sense. My new dealership was supposed to talk to their Ford rep yesterday. I'll reach out to them mid-morning.

7upstang

Established Member

Basically got the same response from my sales guy too.

Breitling

Established Member
Called Ford Performance and gave them my Sales/Dealer Code and Order Code - order is in! Now the long winter wait begins.

JD160

Established Member
Who is the best dealer to order from! Been running into allocation issues or HUGE ADM when calling dealers

Breitling

Established Member
@13COBRA has a great dealership and has helped out several members on this site; however, I believe his 22 allocations are spoken for. I almost ordered a '21 from him last year, but I wasn't fully ready financially. By the time I was ready, I saw that his '22's were committed to others.

I was lucky to find a somewhat local dealer that sells at MSRP. About 8-9 months ago he contacted me with the opportunity to purchase a golden ticket car, but I wanted the base model. I stayed in touch with him and placed my order this past Tuesday. My advice is to just call around and see what you can get.

JD160

Established Member
@13COBRA has a great dealership and has helped out several members on this site; however, I believe his 22 allocations are spoken for. I almost ordered a '21 from him last year, but I wasn't fully ready financially. By the time I was ready, I saw that his '22's were committed to others.

I was lucky to find a somewhat local dealer that sells at MSRP. About 8-9 months ago he contacted me with the opportunity to purchase a golden ticket car, but I wanted the base model. I stayed in touch with him and placed my order this past Tuesday. My advice is to just call around and see what you can get.
Thanks for the info

NAPERCOBRA

Established Member
That Oil Slick Blue Purple is intriguing. I really want to see a car vs. a mock model.
screenshot_20210812-070727_facebook-jpg.157729

I need to see this color or more pics of an entire car. Its my top 3 colors

Oil slick
Orange
Grabber blue

7d2f240ddb3ba2d173f7647bd83560d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shelbyvin

New to the site guys....timeline is all around same. 11/22/21 my order went in for Heritage Edition, white vinyl stripes, recaro seats, technology package, exposed carbon fiber dash, handling package, MSRP $86,800 getting window sticker. Great dealer great people, they are out there you need to search and search.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
New to the site guys....timeline is all around same. 11/22/21 my order went in for Heritage Edition, white vinyl stripes, recaro seats, technology package, exposed carbon fiber dash, handling package, MSRP $86,800 getting window sticker. Great dealer great people, they are out there you need to search and search.
You got confirmation of an order other than word from the dealer? Just seems that so many dealers havent really been able to order but rather put folks down on an informal list of sorts since allocations had been on hold, or so the communication seems.

Last edited:

shelbyvin

You got confirmation of an order other than word from the dealer? Just seems that so many dealers havent really been able to order but rather put folks down on an informal list of sorts since allocations had been on gold, or so the communication seems.
I have an order code # and sales code #. Gave them $1,000 deposit back same day they put order in. Dealer checked if they would be allocated before they took my deposit. Called Ford performance other day gave them my order and sales code they told me no GT500s have been started yet. He told me check back in 3 weeks so I definitely will.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I have an order code # and sales code #. Gave them $1,000 deposit back same day they put order in. Dealer checked if they would be allocated before they took my deposit. Called Ford performance other day gave them my order and sales code they told me no GT500s have been started yet. He told me check back in 3 weeks so I definitely will.
Man. So frustrating to hear inconsistent process for these damn cars. Sounds like you had success. Did you have an order for a 2021 that rolled into a 2022?

shelbyvin

If chip shortage doesn't affect 2022 GT500s I'm assuming they will start production end of Feb or early March sometime.

shelbyvin

Man. So frustrating to hear inconsistent process for these damn cars. Sounds like you had success. Did you have an order for a 2021 that rolled into a 2022?
No didnt have a 2021 order at all. My cousins close friend owns the dealer so I asked and gave it a shot to get Heritage Edition for msrp. I have 5 other mustangs the dealer actually wanted to see a pic of my cars to see if I wasn't just gonna purchase car and flip it for a profit. I just want it to have and enjoy and they were super nice. Hope it works out so far seems like it.

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
If chip shortage doesn't affect 2022 GT500s I'm assuming they will start production end of Feb or early Marcead on another forum that tires were possibly a concern for production.

No didnt have a 2021 order at all. My cousins close friend owns the dealer so I asked and gave it a shot to get Heritage Edition for msrp. I have 5 other mustangs the dealer actually wanted to see a pic of my cars to see if I wasn't just gonna purchase car and flip it for a profit. I just want it to have and enjoy and they were super nice. Hope it works out so far seems like it.
Same here. Just want to drive the wheels off of it as I did with my 04 Cobra. Fingers crossed. :)

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Do they have anymore allocations for msrp. Looking to build mine , base, technology package, handling package, carbon fiber dash, black roof.

Users who are viewing this thread