• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

2022 Ford Maverick Pickup | 40MPG, Can Haul 1,500 Pounds, All For Under $20,000

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jun 8, 2021.

1. kevinatfms

kevinatfms Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech Premium Member Established Member

Same box but maybe internal differences? No clue as i would assume the gear ratios are different between the tire sizing, weight and final drive.

Loved the 6F50 in the Edge. Did exactly what you needed it to do without much fuss and if you wanted to change your own gears, slap it into Sport mode and let it eat. Also handled a boatload of power without overheating anything. Held both a 93 and E30 tune on our Edge Sport without a single issue on multiple long road trips with my heavy foot just full throttle out of every toll booth.

me32 likes this.
  2. kevinatfms

Someone who is good at photoshop, lower it, throw some Focus or Fiesta ST wheels on it and return. Lets see!!!

3. kevinatfms

Someone who is good at photoshop, lower it, throw some Focus or Fiesta ST wheels on it and return. Lets see!!!

4. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

Kevin, what year was your Edge? I had a 2016 Edge Sport and hated the transmission. In Sport mode not too bad, but in Regular mode gear slippage was constant and annoying. I test drove a 2019 Edge ST and the transmission was much better. Night and day better.

5. snakecharmer

snakecharmer Well-Known Member Established Member

Headlights are a bit odd, but I do not find them objectionable. Ford might actually win my business back if they lowered it a tad and made their own version of a GMC Syclone. I won't hold my breath on that.

6. kevinatfms

2015, first year, one of the end models. We had two. First one was 1 of 120 which had the mold issue and was bought back. Second one was last of the 2015 MY on the lot.

Never had an issue. Truck literally had an E30 tune on it full bore and held everything i could throw at it. Long road trips on E30 for 4+ hours with me slapping the gas from 0-100% from a toll booth. Truck just squatted and went(and went STUPID fast).

Im really wondering if they "dumbed" down the shift strategy or shift pressures on the 2016+ Edge Sports cause a friend told me the same issue with his wife's Edge. He had other issues we didnt experience with the steering and odd noises from the underbody panels.

The biggest issue we had was the stupid oil pan. Plastic(or whatever they are calling it) oil pan just doesnt work. 3x or more replacing the thing before it finally leaked enough to let the motor go and Ford replaced the motor in the truck. Wish it was just a regular oil pan. Wouldnt have made a difference(besides price...)

7. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

On the 2020 Edge ST i like the 8speed auto. Especially in sport mode. Keeps it in the power band in all the gears till like 100mph.

8. kevinatfms

If there is any interest its 100% possible. I wouldn't count it out yet. I've heard of some focus groups being done on the "sporty version of a small pickup" and not just from Ford.....(other is a crooked H).

9. 03cobra#694

03cobra#694 I Have LL’s Hammer Staff Member Super Moderator

2.7, I’m in. A beast of a small mill.

10. kevinatfms

Ehhh....many known issues with the 4th and 6th gear change. Bad programming on shift pressures and the ratios dont work. That was the big initial complaint with them from quite a few people.

The engine is the star of the show though. 2.7L in the Edge is a total monster and Ford knows it. Tune alone is bonkers. Add some E30+ and its beyond stupid.

11. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

Ive heard of the issueas, but i personally haven't experienced it. I know ford has revised software for the transmission a few times since the 2019 ST. The build on mine is like 7/20. So its a mid 2020 build and im assuming at the time had the lastest software for the transmission. Ive heard for the 2021 ST ford basically turned the 8speed into a 7speed via software for the edge ST.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    kevinatfms likes this.
  12. 04Mike55

04Mike55 New Member Established Member

I am eagerly waiting for the announcement of the 2022 Ford Falcon SUV

Jason Kovach likes this.
  13. 2KBlackGT

2KBlackGT The Man, Myth, The Legend Established Member

Hmm, I like this truck. I don't haul anything really heavy, but am at Home Depot and Lowe's weekly it seems.

14. Shifty Powers

Shifty Powers The Shifty Mobile Established Member

It is not as bad as I was expecting. Seems to be a better option for some people since the ranger is so close to the f150. Also I think for businesses in cities that dont want all vans, they may buy a few of these for work trucks. They may sell pretty well.

Is this headed to Europe at all?