2022 F-150 Lightning EV | Driving Impressions & First Look | Game Changer

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
They also touted a 300 mile range with the Mach e. My buddy has one and he said your lucky if you get 175 out of a full charge that takes 37 hours to accomplish. Good luck with this 37 hours at the plug for 175 miles or 5 minutes at the pump for 400. I think that’s a no brainer. I bet the range will increase when hauling the payload capacity. LOL!!

I gotta be honest… the more research I do, the more I’m questioning this.

And it looks like vehicle prices are starting to drop… I might just snag a ICE XLT for half the price and keep the focus….

I’m having a really really hard time justifying this purchase…

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Here’s the kicker…

75,000.00 Truck
Vs
Bought and paid for Focus

How longs it gonna take me to recoup 75,000.00 in at the pump costs?

Spoiler, it never happens lol.
I really can’t understand the comparison with a Focus. The Lightning still gives you the utility of a truck.
Also the resale value of the Lightning at this time is a big advantage. Will that change in the future? Likely but I highly doubt production can meet demand for the first few years so if you’re you’re able to buy one at MSRP, you’ll be able to save on high gas prices, have great truck utility for what 80% of truck buyers use them for and have killer resale value.
I’m not necessarily happy with the EV movement shoved down our throat but coming either way.
Ford has made an excellent product here. It sounds like it’s already a winner that will do nothing but improve.
-J

Tezz500

Established Member
I really can’t understand the comparison with a Focus. The Lightning still gives you the utility of a truck.
Also the resale value of the Lightning at this time is a big advantage. Will that change in the future? Likely but I highly doubt production can meet demand for the first few years so if you’re you’re able to buy one at MSRP, you’ll be able to save on high gas prices, have great truck utility for what 80% of truck buyers use them for and have killer resale value.
I’m not necessarily happy with the EV movement shoved down our throat but coming either way.
Ford has made an excellent product here. It sounds like it’s already a winner that will do nothing but improve.
-J

I can buy a New ICE F150 for roughly 40-45k.
I can buy a Used ICE F150 for half that.
If I need a pickup bed.

Keeping the focus to commute and buying an ICE F150 makes way more sense in every single model I’ve ran.

A $75,000.00 Electric Truck that likely won’t be able to travel long distances without considerably longer travel times to charge and will have severely diminished range while hauling doesn’t make economic sense verse commuting with the focus and buying an ICE Truck.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I can buy a New ICE F150 for roughly 40-45k.
I can buy a Used ICE F150 for half that.
If I need a pickup bed.

Keeping the focus to commute and buying an ICE F150 makes way more sense in every single model I’ve ran.

A $75,000.00 Electric Truck that likely won’t be able to travel long distances without considerably longer travel times to charge and will have severely diminished range while hauling doesn’t make economic sense verse commuting with the focus and buying an ICE Truck.

Again still apples to oranges.
Newest tech and safety and warranty with Lightning. So you really should keep this to new ICE F150 vs Lightning.

If you’re talking Focus for cheap commuting and a used ICE F150 vs Lightning then you’re talking 2 USED vehicles vs one new Lightning.

Haven’t looked that far back but are you lucky enough to have a Lightning reservation at MSRP?
If yes then to me it’s a no brainer, you try the Lightning for a few months and if you don’t feel it fits your needs then sell (likely for the same or more than MSRP).
Good luck
-J

Tezz500

Established Member
Again still apples to oranges.
Newest tech and safety and warranty with Lightning. So you really should keep this to new ICE F150 vs Lightning.

If you’re talking Focus for cheap commuting and a used ICE F150 vs Lightning then you’re talking 2 USED vehicles vs one new Lightning.

Haven’t looked that far back but are you lucky enough to have a Lightning reservation at MSRP?
If yes then to me it’s a no brainer, you try the Lightning for a few months and if you don’t feel it fits your needs then sell (likely for the same or more than MSRP).
Good luck
-J

You didn’t get the memo?

I snuck in the back door.

Electric F150 Lightning Pilot Program

In regards to apples and oranges…

The bottom line is DOLLARS.

I buy apples and oranges using the same money.

At this point, it makes more economic sense to buy a used or even new ICE F150 and keep the focus.

Buying an EV truck just to consolidate vehicles does not make financial sense.

NOW… that doesn’t mean I’m not going to do it… as you mentioned, Resale, Especially in the Denver Metro for this thing SHOULD be pretty good….

But as a real world Math is Math comparison…. The numbers don’t add up.

We will see. It’ll be end of summer before I have to make that decision anyway.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks as I did not see that post.
That said, I think you definitely should take the opportunity.
In reading that other thread, your order is confusing from all Ford orders I’ve seen.
I’d hope if you’re excepted in the program that you’re paying invoice best case and MSRP worst case.
That order looks like both numbers are the same.
I’d read that program details very carefully and even consider some professional advice so you know all your options in this pilot study.
Good luck man.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread