2022 Bronco Adds Heritage Inspired Eruption Green Metallic Paint

2022 Bronco Adds Heritage Inspired Eruption Green Metallic Paint

Bronco_Eruption Green_03.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Aug. 20, 2021 – Packed with the latest off-road technology, the Ford Bronco’s early years are the inspiration for new Bronco color choices for the 2022 model year.

Ford Bronco color and materials designers developed Eruption Green Metallic as a modern interpretation of Mallard Green, which was featured on first-generation Bronco models in the early- to mid-1970s.

“Automotive enthusiasts, and especially Bronco fans, are passionate about colors and will be excited about Eruption Green,” said Barb Whalen, Ford color and materials manager. “Paint has a wonderful way of evolving because of technology. Eruption Green is a contemporary color, but there’s a connection with Bronco heritage. It’s evergreen-inspired, with yellow highlights that really tie it into nature.”

The first-generation Bronco (1966-1977) is the featured vehicle at this year’s Woodward Dream Cruise. Bronco brand took the opportunity to debut the new Eruption Green color to the audience at the world’s largest one-day automotive event, as well as the new-for-2022 Hot Pepper Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat.

Both Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red Metallic will be available for every Bronco series in the lineup.

Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue Metallic and Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat will be available exterior color options until the end of the 2021 model year. Orders for 2022 Bronco two- and four-door, including with Eruption Green and Hot Pepper Red, will open later this year.

Bronco_Eruption Green_04.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_05.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_06.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_07.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_08.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_09.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_10.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_01.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_02.jpg
Bronco_Eruption Green_03.jpg

Last edited:
Dig the color

What's the deal with the OBX edition?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Wife was happy with her 2007 Mustang GT vert. Saw this new green.

Wants a base 4 door softop with Sasquatch and V6. Thats literally it.

So much for a cheap fun convertible Mustang lol. Truth be told, this looks like a hell of an SUV.

I like that color. I'd love to see that on a truck with a 2 tone Iconic silver in the middle like they used to do in the 80's.

This is the color my wife has been waiting for. Hopefully we'll be able to get our order in before they discontinue the color – Ford has been all about the one-year-only colors lately.

Users who are viewing this thread