Brakes and Timing Belt on the STI
PXL_20221117_061259852.jpg

Engine Swap on the R32
PXL_20221117_061259852.jpg

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Doing full suspension work on the Silverado.

Icon front and rear. Probably should just look into long travel now.

cobra2547

Established Member
You stole that. Around here that's $10k.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Oh I know that. Truth is the kid I bought it from worked for me when he was a teenager and now he is 37. I
Looks like a well built '69
540 bbc. Full ridetech suspension fb transmission 9 inch rear.
Can’t wait to hear it fire up for the first time. Doing the fuel system now then wiring and odds and ends.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Some very nice stuff everyone! I love seeing this stuff.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Getting serious about a C5Z. I need one like I need a hole in the head. Cobra's in a happy spot right now so a Z could be a blank slate with a completely different platform.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Getting serious about a C5Z. I need one like I need a hole in the head. Cobra's in a happy spot right now so a Z could be a blank slate with a completely different platform.
Wish I would have got one when they were under $20K. Stupid me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wish I would have got one when they were under $20K. Stupid me.
Dude... I've got a story that'll kill you then.
2 years ago, my bro-in-law had an electron blue 02 with about 60k on it. Calls me on a Thursday while I'm at work and says he'll sell it to me for cheap. He wanted a pontoon boat and wife said he couldn't have both. Anyway, he tells me $15k. I immediately begin kicking over rocks thinking I'll just finance $8-10k since rates were so low at the time. Also, had I given him cash, my chick would have found out about my secret stash. Figured some wimpy monthly payment was no biggie and that I'd pay it off early anyway. Took my credit union until Friday to tell me they weren't going to work with a vehicle that old. Went to my other place, filled out the app, weekend showed up. Sunday late afternoon, bro-in-law texts me "Vette's gone." I asked WTF. Apparently he needed at least $5k by Monday to hold the price on the boat he wanted. Never bothered to tell me that initially or it would have been a done deal on that Thursday. Sold it to a colleague's uncle for the same price. Monday rolls around, credit union gives me the green light...all for nothing. So now I'm a little determined to get one anyway! lol

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I want to put a nitrous plate on my 72 Chevelle. It has a 383 stoked small block, AFR 210 aluminum heads, 11:1 JE pistons, Eagle forged crank and H-beam rods, Victor JR intake, Holley 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries. Transmission is a turbo 350 with 3500 hughes stall, 12 bolt rearend 4:10 richmond gears. Future plans are LSX, supercharged or turbo's, 6speed tremec, basically a nice street car with a/c and nice interior.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I want to put a nitrous plate on my 72 Chevelle. It has a 383 stoked small block, AFR 210 aluminum heads, 11:1 JE pistons, Eagle forged crank and H-beam rods, Victor JR intake, Holley 750 double pumper with mechanical secondaries. Transmission is a turbo 350 with 3500 hughes stall, 12 bolt rearend 4:10 richmond gears. Future plans are LSX, supercharged or turbo's, 6speed tremec, basically a nice street car with a/c and nice interior.
Sounds like a wild street car!

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Sounds like a wild street car!

It's pretty old school loud and uncomfortable haha! I've had the car since I was 21 and I'm 49 now. The original build was 1/8 mile car. I don't drag race now and prefer a streetcar like my 13gt so when I have the money to switch it over I will. I want to go in the direction that Cobra2547 has gone with the sexy 69 camaro.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I will probably redo the exhaust on my TT Mustang. The older I get, the more of a bitch I become as it relates to exhaust smell and noise. Car burns e85, so no issues with smell, but I need to quiet it down some.

Other than that, I plan to spend A LOT of time in the desert this winter.

^thats something I wish I had done more of when I lived in SoCal. But I had no way to take on another expensive ass hobby. Was always cool going to Palm Springs and just seeing RV community's in the desert. But hey, I sure bought a lot of Metal Militia shit up.

Winter projects? My driving months take place when most others are prepping for snow. Unlike northerners though, I park my car form June-Sept for the most part

So I will just follow along

Zemedici

Established Member
Dude... I've got a story that'll kill you then.
2 years ago, my bro-in-law had an electron blue 02 with about 60k on it. Calls me on a Thursday while I'm at work and says he'll sell it to me for cheap. He wanted a pontoon boat and wife said he couldn't have both. Anyway, he tells me $15k. I immediately begin kicking over rocks thinking I'll just finance $8-10k since rates were so low at the time. Also, had I given him cash, my chick would have found out about my secret stash. Figured some wimpy monthly payment was no biggie and that I'd pay it off early anyway. Took my credit union until Friday to tell me they weren't going to work with a vehicle that old. Went to my other place, filled out the app, weekend showed up. Sunday late afternoon, bro-in-law texts me "Vette's gone." I asked WTF. Apparently he needed at least $5k by Monday to hold the price on the boat he wanted. Never bothered to tell me that initially or it would have been a done deal on that Thursday. Sold it to a colleague's uncle for the same price. Monday rolls around, credit union gives me the green light...all for nothing. So now I'm a little determined to get one anyway! lol

Holy shit what a dick move lolol then i saw ‘brother in law’ and Ah that explains it.

I woulda paid cash for it and told ya old lady he owed you some money so he gave you the car. Win.

Or not told her shit. Bigger win.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Holy shit what a dick move lolol then i saw ‘brother in law’ and Ah that explains it.

I woulda paid cash for it and told ya old lady he owed you some money so he gave you the car. Win.

Or not told her shit. Bigger win.
Problem with that is her sister controls the finances so if the BIL owed me money, the two ladies would have been yip-yapping about it. She then would have been up my BIL's ass about why I owed him, what I borrowed, and where he went with it when I "paid him back."

He and I went to high school together so we still get along fine, but I bust his balls about it occasionally when the topic comes up. lol

Users who are viewing this thread