2021 Ranger gains nearly 100hp E30 tuning from Livernois Motorsports, nearly 25hp over 93octane!

einehund

Established Member
e30 is no joke on the wife's Focus ST. Ford rates the ST @ 252 and on e30 and catless downpipe, it put down 293 to the wheels.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mild jump with 93 octane with that tune, but on E30, NICE increase.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Turbo engines love their E fuel, Ford just doesn't give most EB engines enough fuel system to really take advantage of it.
Agreed! All the EcoBoost motors greatly benefit from higher E blends and as you said, the biggest hurdle is lack of fuel supply. I "can" do an E30 tune on my MKS EcoBoost, but chances of it running out of fuel is pretty damn good. So, I have to drop $1500 on a larger HPFP and then I can let it eat.

There are a few SHO builds going on and they'll be trying for straight E85 and big power, but even that presents a challenge. Saw a Ford Edge Sport with a 3.0 swap and supporting mods pushing almost 600whp, but he said he's now running out of fuel.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
where the hell are ya'll even finding E30? Around here E85 is getting pretty easy to find but don't think Ive seen that anywhere

SHOdown220

Established Member
where the hell are ya'll even finding E30? Around here E85 is getting pretty easy to find but don't think Ive seen that anywhere

Most of the guys on the ST forum who are running E30 are mixing. So they do the math with how many gallons of 93 and how many gallons of E85 to put in to come up with a ratio of roughly E30. WAY to much work for me to have ever considered especially considering how small the ST fuel tank is and how many miles I drive a day. I guess for someone who uses it as a weekend toy that is feasible but not as DD

blk02edge

Established Member
Most of the guys on the ST forum who are running E30 are mixing. So they do the math with how many gallons of 93 and how many gallons of E85 to put in to come up with a ratio of roughly E30. WAY to much work for me to have ever considered especially considering how small the ST fuel tank is and how many miles I drive a day. I guess for someone who uses it as a weekend toy that is feasible but not as DD
Lol, waaaaay to much work for a Focus.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I read elsewhere about mixing 93 octane with E85 to obtain E30, my immediate thought was that it was way too much work for a daily driver. Like @blk02edge said. I would never get a tune for E30 if E30 wasn't available from a pump within driving distance. Mixing it? No. Not even for weekend driving. I would either be content with what I can get with a 93 octane tune or get an E85 tune if it's available to me from a pump.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
trump-sounds-good.gif

Mixing 93 and E85 to run a tune on a Ranger?

Yea, no.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, on a Ranger it just doesn't make sense. IMO only a 93 or 91 octane tune (whatever fuel is available from the pump) makes sense. Cause it's a.....Ranger. LOL.

andymarkv

Established Member
I thought there were rumors of increasing the amount of ethanol across the board anyway? Although, that might have just been from E10 to E15.

Hard to believe just a little more corn makes that much difference!
Shame it goes sour so quick...

Users who are viewing this thread