2021 Ram TRX

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
I was at my desk and heard something revving outside the other day. Walked outside to see this. Boss man brought it by while he was test driving it. One of 7 that were delivered this week, all pre sold before they got there. Probably not the color I would choose but its a sick truck anyways. Sounds fantastic and looks beefy as hell. He said wasn't planning on getting one but after driving this one he's got an order in now lol
Funny, that might be my favorite color. Looks awesome.

ArabianOak

Established Member
We both know that youre about 2 weeks from getting ready to trade it. lmao
v7vpnjmbksaatjfuglvc.gif

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
The paint color choices on the configurator really change the option packages dramatically, weird.
i'm guessing you clicked on "anvil" which makes it launch edition only. i loved that color on the wrangler and would get it here if it were available on the regular model monotone

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't hit 10 mpg (city) after I started running 35's on my 2005 Daytona 4x4, so I can only imagine what real world mpg will be on the new TRX when your constantly making that sc whine. lol
Pic added for attention:
View attachment 1689037
Bad ass truck man!!!

I also had a Daytona in GoMango in rcsb. LOVED that truck. Was a beast.
Yeah, that TRX is gonna be a gas guzzler for sure. I think my truck was like 10mpg. lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I was at my desk and heard something revving outside the other day. Walked outside to see this. Boss man brought it by while he was test driving it. One of 7 that were delivered this week, all pre sold before they got there. Probably not the color I would choose but its a sick truck anyways. Sounds fantastic and looks beefy as hell. He said wasn't planning on getting one but after driving this one he's got an order in now lol
I actually like that color. I don't think I would order it, but it's not too bad.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I couldn't hit 10 mpg (city) after I started running 35's on my 2005 Daytona 4x4, so I can only imagine what real world mpg will be on the new TRX when your constantly making that sc whine. lol

Pic added for attention:
View attachment 1689037
Always liked your truck, those were definitely cool.
On the TRX mpg, I think you’d be surprised it may do BETTER than the regular 1500/Rebel as my Charger Hellcat got better mpg than my PAs 392 SRT, both same model year.
This is on average fuel mileage on our average work commute. I’m sure when I was hooning it the HC was definitely much worse, but I’m not worried about mpg on a vehicle like the TRX, it’s just part of the pay to play fee.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I actually like that color. I don't think I would order it, but it's not too bad.
Agreed, what is that launch color?
I custom ordered my current ‘20 Ram and they wouldn’t allow my Maximum Steel choice with the Midnight black out package so I went second choice, Granite Crystal. Funny it matches the wife’s Pacifica in color but with her standard chrome trim and silver wheels vs my black out package they look completely different.
I think I’d take the TRX in that Battleship grey they have.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I custom ordered my current ‘20 Ram and they wouldn’t allow my Maximum Steel choice with the Midnight black out package so I went second choice, Granite Crystal. Funny it matches the wife’s Pacifica in color but with her standard chrome trim and silver wheels vs my black out package they look completely different.
-J
I think the Launch Edition is more grey, a "Battleship Grey", like you mentioned above.

Nice choice on the Blackout Package. Looks killer on those trucks.
Quick question about your '20 Ram. Can you hear/feel the MDS transition while driving at any speed at all? I disable mine every single time I drive it. It's very annoying and even worse with an aftermarket muffler. Plus, mine is a '16 Ram Sport.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
C5898107-F104-42BF-B3FF-2A0E68AC7FA7.jpeg
I think the Launch Edition is more grey, a "Battleship Grey", like you mentioned above.

Nice choice on the Blackout Package. Looks killer on those trucks.
Quick question about your '20 Ram. Can you hear/feel the MDS transition while driving at any speed at all? I disable mine every single time I drive it. It's very annoying and even worse with an aftermarket muffler. Plus, mine is a '16 Ram Sport.
No I’ve never found the MDS to be noticeable. Pretty much luxury levels of interior quiet but mine is 100% stock. I’ve been happy with both my recent Rams (‘14 and ‘20)
-J

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
-J
It’s called Anvil, used on the wrangler a few years back.

I’d love to see it or the destroyer grey in monotone

john11gt

Established Member
I'm probably the minority here, but I just don't care for this truck that much.

I don’t care for it much either, or the raptor for that matter. The whole wanna be desert pre runner factory trucks are pretty ****ing ghey imo. I do love that they try to please their base by giving them what they want, unlike Ford.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I don’t care for it much either, or the raptor for that matter. The whole wanna be desert pre runner factory trucks are pretty ****ing ghey imo. I do love that they try to please their base by giving them what they want, unlike Ford.

I'm just bored of the Hellcat recipe. I've always appreciated the Raptor because Ford took the initiative to offer something new and fresh even if has a less than desirable engine for most. I'm pretty sour towards FCA in general though due to poor quality.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Easy now, try one of those Hellcat recipes before you discredit them.
Honestly and seriously, if you offer the high end TTV6 EcoBoost or a SC Coyote, how many Raptor owners would choose the SC V8?
I’m sure the HC recipe in the TRX feels fantastic, just like in the Trackhawk, Charger and anything else they’ll throw it in after the original HC Challenger.
36k hard miles true DD in my HC Charger and 50k and counting in both Rams, plus 2 Pacificas for the wife and we’ve had no major and very few minor issues with 2014+ FCA products.
-J

blk02edge

Established Member
Easy now, try one of those Hellcat recipes before you discredit them.
Honestly and seriously, if you offer the high end TTV6 EcoBoost or a SC Coyote, how many Raptor owners would choose the SC V8?
I’m sure the HC recipe in the TRX feels fantastic, just like in the Trackhawk, Charger and anything else they’ll throw it in after the original HC Challenger.
36k hard miles true DD in my HC Charger and 50k and counting in both Rams, plus 2 Pacificas for the wife and we’ve had no major and very few minor issues with 2014+ FCA products.
-J
Its nothing on the motor its the fact that FCA just throws it in everything and then wipes their hands as says good enough, not much thought in any other part of the vehicles.

The Demon and Viper were the last truly special FCA vehicles. The rest are fine but they are nothing more than DD's.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Its nothing on the motor its the fact that FCA just throws it in everything and then wipes their hands as says good enough, not much thought in any other part of the vehicles.

The Demon and Viper were the last truly special FCA vehicles. The rest are fine but they are nothing more than DD's.

Putting it in everything gave them a bit of scale, which means a normal guys can buy a base 2021 Challenger Hellcat in the high 40's with the factory and dealer discounts currently in play. That is pretty damn impressive, 707 HP of legal supercharged power anywhere with a warranty.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

You understand what I'm getting at perfectly. I get what everyone else is saying, but it just doesn't intrigue or excite me in the least.

I've driven every iteration of the Challenger outside of the Demon so I know what they are like. They are heavy, comfortable cars with ample power that is delivered surprisingly smooth with the auto trans, but they still feel like they belong back in 2005-2010 when the model was first resurrected. Ford and GM have drastically moved on since then and completely revolutionized how they offer performance vehicles while Dodge is content with staying back in that era. When I say they are content they really are as FCA canceled the platform change the Challenger and Charger were supposed to move to which would have made them lighter and thus very real contenders to what the Mustang and Camaro have to offer.

I'm not saying they aren't fast or fun, but there is so much left on the table with them in other aspects that Ford and GM are taking advantage of, and so I'm more intrigued by what Ford and GM are doing and not so much by what Dodge is doing because I know the extent of what it is going to entail.

Users who are viewing this thread