2021 Mustang Mach 1 | 10R80 | Road Test Review

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
so as a follow up, the horsepower reductions in 2022 are to meet LEV III standards, which are a product of that pimple-infested, worthless, braindead dirt licking State of California and their CARB. It’s also about CO2, a tasteless oderless, harmless gas, not a pollutant. It’s an effort of one worthless waste of a state to curb the non-existent threat of so called “man-made global warming”. So thank the despots on the west coast, those who think they have the right to control the rest of us because of their own false beliefs, for costing us horsepower and eventually taking away our pony cars altogether. If we don’t stop them now, there will be no more Mustangs. There may be appliances with Mustang emblems, but the Mustang we have all grown old with will be gone.

It’s time to stand up and do something. SEMA isn’t going to help us. It’s time for pitchforks and torches. Now some of you may say “calm down it’s only 10 horsepower.” They’ve already instituted a plan that none of us voted for to choke ICE’s even more over the coming years and eliminate them entirely by 2035. This is California, but the federal EPA has agreed to meet the most stringent requirements of any state. So a group of unelected bureaucrats in Washington have ceded power to a bunch of fruitcakes in California to make rules that effect those of us who have absolutely no say in this whatsoever.

I’m telling you, they are taking away my cars. They are taking away my economic future, and they are stifling my pursuit of happiness without me having any say so in the matter at all. Without representation, I throw off this government. And winning elections matters not anymore when the next election comes around and previous victories, and more and more of our freedoms, are taken away.

I must stop this post there, words only go so far. Voting is worthless. What’s left?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
so as a follow up, the horsepower reductions in 2022 are to meet LEV III standards, which are a product of that pimple-infested, worthless, braindead dirt licking State of California and their CARB. It’s also about CO2, a tasteless oderless, harmless gas, not a pollutant. It’s an effort of one worthless waste of a state to curb the non-existent threat of so called “man-made global warming”. So thank the despots on the west coast, those who think they have the right to control the rest of us because of their own false beliefs, for costing us horsepower and eventually taking away our pony cars altogether. If we don’t stop them now, there will be no more Mustangs. There may be appliances with Mustang emblems, but the Mustang we have all grown old with will be gone.

It’s time to stand up and do something. SEMA isn’t going to help us. It’s time for pitchforks and torches. Now some of you may say “calm down it’s only 10 horsepower.” They’ve already instituted a plan that none of us voted for to choke ICE’s even more over the coming years and eliminate them entirely by 2035. This is California, but the federal EPA has agreed to meet the most stringent requirements of any state. So a group of unelected bureaucrats in Washington have ceded power to a bunch of fruitcakes in California to make rules that effect those of us who have absolutely no say in this whatsoever.

I’m telling you, they are taking away my cars. They are taking away my economic future, and they are stifling my pursuit of happiness without me having any say so in the matter at all. Without representation, I throw off this government. And winning elections matters not anymore when the next election comes around and previous victories, and more and more of our freedoms, are taken away.

I must stop this post there, words only go so far. Voting is worthless. What’s left?
FYI dont blame CA. If other states actually had balls to stand up to this. You would have nothing to worry about. But lets be real other than maybe Florida every state just lays down and takes it.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is a software update, noting more. It can easily be changed with a "tune".
And the "tune" would be worth more than 10HP, just like it is with the 2021 or older cars.
I would not be surprised if Ford came out with an "software update" for the 2018-2021 cars that include this new LEV111 standard.
It will not be a mandatory update, but the average Mustang that goes into the Dealership for any CEL concern or Drive-ability concern would get the "update" as a normal service procedure.
It happens all of the time.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It is a software update, noting more. It can easily be changed with a "tune".
And the "tune" would be worth more than 10HP, just like it is with the 2021 or older cars.
I would not be surprised if Ford came out with an "software update" for the 2018-2021 cars that include this new LEV111 standard.
It will not be a mandatory update, but the average Mustang that goes into the Dealership for any CEL concern or Drive-ability concern would get the "update" as a normal service procedure.
It happens all of the time.
Is this a fact that it is just a software update and nothing hardware related like the European mach 1?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Particulate filtration, ala euro-spec V8 S550 cars. Calibration changes to match.

A tune that renders it obselete is absolutely going to eliminate your warranty coverage for the powertrain. The cats have a bung welded to them that runs a line to a sensor. Almost a mini-regen system.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I suppose changing the air filter and housing would be to much of a burden to the average enthusiast if that is also part of the change.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I suppose changing the air filter and housing would be to much of a burden to the average enthusiast if that is also part of the change.
If it really is just a tune IDS could set to 2021 model and would gain its power back. Can anyone confirm that is all it is that works at a dealership that has access to IDS?

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it really is just a tune IDS could set to 2021 model and would gain its power back. Can anyone confirm that is all it is that works at a dealership that has access to IDS?
It does not work like that. The IDS can upload an update, and once that is done, it is done. It can not be removed. You can not upload an older data file. The IDS reads the current programming, and if it is current then you can not load anything. I believe the message is "the module you are attempting to reprogram already has the latest software" and at that point it will not load anything.
I am sure that the aftermarket will have something available to load into the PCM to accomplish what you want.
I would bet that the new law for having a "kill switch" installed into all 2025 and newer cars will have some enterprising person come up with a program that can be loaded to "kill" the "kill switch". If so, I am on board with that.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Gotta do your best to stay ahead of the restrictions. I surely hope there won't be a day when the aftermarket absolutely cannot overcome any future restrictions imposed by the government and manufacturers.

Users who are viewing this thread