2021 GT500 Production Scheduled to End at the End of November

Breitling

Established Member
Sorry, I meant to say that I'm working with a couple different dealers on ordering a '22 GT500. Appreciate all the great info, Snoopy!

germansheperd

2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Established Member
Sorry, I meant to say that I'm working with a couple different dealers on ordering a '22 GT500. Appreciate all the great info, Snoopy!
Unfortunately right now all they can do is write your name on a piece of paper and tell you what they will sell you that car at against an MSRP that is not available (They can’t place an order).
There is nothing to going on at Ford with a MY2022 car at this time.

99BOSS

Established Member
No one knows yet for sure but I was watching VINs of new cars delivered on Car Gurus, Auto Trader, etc. and you can see by the last 4 digits roughly how far along Ford is on the 21 build quantity. Ive seen a couple in the low 4000s, that were just delivered to dealers, so they might make 4500 cars or a little less for 21. Just my observations.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
No one knows yet for sure but I was watching VINs of new cars delivered on Car Gurus, Auto Trader, etc. and you can see by the last 4 digits roughly how far along Ford is on the 21 build quantity. Ive seen a couple in the low 4000s, that were just delivered to dealers, so they might make 4500 cars or a little less for 21. Just my observations.

I am watching a VIN that has just gone into production and it is around 4500, but this is not a good indication of cars produced. The only way to determine the total cars built is by chassis number. I have seen VINs in the low 2000's that have been cancelled.

Example: VIN: 3530 Chassis # M3199

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So I’m understanding VIN is given when it’s ordered/order is picked up and not sequential with production but chassis number is sequential with production number? Meaning if 2 cars are produced today, they would have unrelated VIN numbers but sequential chassis numbers?
And then assuming about 3200 have been made in MY21?
-J

Snoopy49

Established Member
So I’m understanding VIN is given when it’s ordered/order is picked up and not sequential with production but chassis number is sequential with production number? Meaning if 2 cars are produced today, they would have unrelated VIN numbers but sequential chassis numbers?
And then assuming about 3200 have been made in MY21?
-J

All the 2021 VINs are issued sequentially starting with M5499901. Ford reserved the first 100 VINs for their use and the regular VINs started at M5500001. The chassis number indicates the cars position in production. Example: Chassis number M3200 is the 3200th 2021 GT500 to roll off the assembly line. So if it was the last car off the line, the total number would be 3200.

There is no correlation between VIN and chassis number.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
All the 2021 VINs are issued sequentially starting with M5499901. Ford reserved the first 100 VINs for their use and the regular VINs started at M5500001. The chassis number indicates the cars position in production. Example: Chassis number M3200 is the 3200th 2021 GT500 to roll off the assembly line. So if it was the last car off the line, the total number would be 3200.

There is no correlation between VIN and chassis number.
Thanks Snoopy.
I hope to have a VIN for you to track soon.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread