2021 Ford Ranger Tremor | Coming to a Trail Near You

2021 Ford Ranger Tremor | Coming to a Trail Near You

2021_Ranger_Tremor_008.jpg

Ford today answers the call of Ranger customers asking for an even more off-road-capable and agile Built Ford Tough midsize truck, revealing the new available Tremor Off-Road Package designed to help owners tackle even rougher off-road terrain without compromising Ranger’s payload and tow ratings. 2021 Ford Ranger Tremor goes beyond today’s already-capable FX4 Off-Road Package, making it the most off-road-capable factory-built Ranger ever offered in the U.S.

“Tremor gives Ranger customers a new level of off-road confidence and fun,” said Chad Callander, Ford Ranger marketing manager. “With increased ground clearance, off-road tuned suspension and aggressive Continental General Grabber tires, Tremor elevates Ranger’s off-roading capability even further while keeping the unique advantages that come with a cargo box for hauling gear anywhere.”

Tremor starts with a lifted suspension, redesigned front knuckles and 32-inch Continental General Grabber™ A/TX all-terrain tires on new 17-inch Magnetic-painted wheels that combine to deliver 9.7 inches of ground clearance – 0.8 inches more than the base Ranger SuperCrew 4x4.

FOX™ 2.0 monotube dampers with rear piggyback reservoirs and hydraulic rebound stops are tuned for a comfortable ride on pavement while offering control over severe terrain. The shocks are specially tuned with progressive rebound end zone damping to support vehicle control where the pavement ends. Front and rear springs are tuned for greater off-road composure. A multi-leaf rear spring setup enables increased wheel travel. Anti-roll bar stiffness has been reduced to minimize disruption over rough terrain and improve comfort off-road.

Tremor boosts Ranger’s off-road metrics, including a 30.9-degree approach angle, up 2.2 degrees from the base SuperCrew 4x4, a 25.5-degree departure angle, which is up 0.1 degrees and a 24.2-degree breakover angle, up 2.7 degrees.

Compared to base Ranger, front suspension travel increases to 6.5 inches. Rear suspension travel increases to 8.1 inches. Together, these improvements mean customers can confidently tackle more challenging terrain on their way to their next epic destination.

Ranger Tremor includes a frame-mounted steel front bash plate and underbody skid plates, rear locking differential, Terrain Management System™ with four distinct drive modes and Trail Control™. Tremor’s traction control system is recalibrated for improved acceleration and traction in gravel, so customers can punch it in a washout with gusto.

Ranger Tremor comes with two new recovery hooks in the rear, in addition to the two up front. It takes a wider profile thanks to the Tremor-specific General Grabber all-terrain tires, wheels and wider wheel lip moldings. New hoop steps give Ranger Tremor additional off-road styling and functionality without sacrificing ground clearance.

Despite its improved off-road capability, Tremor maintains Ranger’s utility in everyday adventures with a smooth, comfortable on-road ride, plus 1,430-pound maximum payload and available 7,500-pound maximum towing capacity, so customers can haul bikes, boats, campers and other gear on their adventures.

Customers can now also control accessories like winches, lights and air compressors thanks to Tremor’s six-switch auxiliary power bank mounted to the dash with rated loads of 25 amps, 15 amps and 10 amps, plus three switches at 5 amps.

“Ranger Tremor can be your daily driver during the week then transform into your off-road adventure vehicle come Saturday morning,” said Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager. “With its added off-road capability combined with the six-switch auxiliary bank and more than 200 Ranger-specific dealer-installed available accessories, Ranger Tremor is a very capable overlanding rig.”

Tremor adds new styling features inside and out. The grille features a Magnetic-painted surround with black bars running across the middle and red nostril accents in the corners. Special badging comes on both sides of the cargo box, and an optional hood and body graphics package adds extra personalization. The stylish interior features seats with Miko suede inserts and “Tremor” stitched into the seatbacks, as well as black accents.

Ranger Tremor comes with the proven 2.3-liter EcoBoost® engine with 270 horsepower and best-in-class gas torque of 310 lb.-ft., paired to a class-exclusive 10-speed automatic transmission and standard 4x4 with electronic locking rear differential.

“No matter if you’re on-road or off-road, your truck needs to be tough,” said Callander. “That’s why toughness is engrained in Ranger’s DNA throughout design, engineering and testing. Tremor gives you the added confidence to get to where you need to go because it’s engineered to the same standards you expect in a Built Ford Tough truck.”

The Tremor Off-Road Package is available on mid XLT and high Lariat series 2021 Ranger trucks with SuperCrew 4x4 configuration. Package pricing is $4,290 MSRP. 2021 Rangers equipped with the Tremor Off-Road Package will be built at Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne, Michigan, with production slated to begin early next year.

2021_Ranger_Tremor_010.jpg
2021_Ranger_Tremor_001.jpg
2021_Ranger_Tremor_002.jpg
2021_Ranger_Tremor_003.jpg
2021_Ranger_Tremor_004.jpg
2021_Ranger_Tremor_005.jpg
2021_Ranger_Tremor_006.jpg
2021_Ranger_Tremor_007.jpg
2021_Ranger_Tremor_008.jpg

Im digging it, i say bump up the power thoe to at least 300hp and 350tq
Just add the RANGER POWER PACK

"The calibration optimizes the shift schedule for the 10-speed automatic transmission. Ford Performance says that the performance calibration will coax an additional 45 horsepower and 60 pound-feet of torque out of the stock EcoBoost four-cylinder under the hood of the truck. The calibration will work for U.S. and Canadian trucks and comes with a 3 year/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed at the Ford dealer or by an ASE/Red Seal certified technician.

The tune requires premium fuel only and allows for tire size configuration up to 265/70/17. The Ford Performance Power Pack calibration includes a Ford Performance Pro Cal 4 calibration delivery tool and Ford Performance high-flow K&N air filter. The calibration tool can also give real-time data on engine and read and clear DTC codes. The kit costs $825 and is available to purchase now."

315HP and 370TQ!

"best in class GAS torque"

Laughs in Colorado Duramax ownership.

On a serious note, its very nice they kept the tow rating at a healthy 7500lbs with the bigger tires, lift and skid plates. I know the TRD Tacoma and ZR2 both give up tow capacity when going to the offroad performance trims.

Don't love the rounded looks but it's got a lot of nice features. Should be a solid truck. I do miss the days when the Ranger was a small truck that was geared towards the weekend warrior doing house projects.

Just add the RANGER POWER PACK

"The calibration optimizes the shift schedule for the 10-speed automatic transmission. Ford Performance says that the performance calibration will coax an additional 45 horsepower and 60 pound-feet of torque out of the stock EcoBoost four-cylinder under the hood of the truck. The calibration will work for U.S. and Canadian trucks and comes with a 3 year/36k mile warranty from new vehicle in-service when installed at the Ford dealer or by an ASE/Red Seal certified technician.

The tune requires premium fuel only and allows for tire size configuration up to 265/70/17. The Ford Performance Power Pack calibration includes a Ford Performance Pro Cal 4 calibration delivery tool and Ford Performance high-flow K&N air filter. The calibration tool can also give real-time data on engine and read and clear DTC codes. The kit costs $825 and is available to purchase now."

315HP and 370TQ!

This would be the way to go i think. Although i think this should of been standard on the Tremor package.

The regular Ranger has decent power, but adding those tremor rims and tires i bet will make it feel a little sluggish on the day to day driving. So sounds like the power pack is definitely a must for my type of enjoyment.

I like it. But guessing it will be well over $40k. At that price, im buying a Rubicon Wrangler or a ZR2 Colorado.

Do you mean Gladiator Rubicon? Cause the Wrangler is a different class of vehicle and has nearly zero towing ability(i believe its 2000lbs?). Or did you mean Wrangler Unlimited? I think those are in the 3000lb towing range.

The Ranger also tows well more than a ZR2(5000lbs vs 7500lbs). Kind of the reason why i went with a Z71 over the ZR2 was due to the 5000lb rating on the ZR2 vs the 7800lb rating on the Z71.

Id buy a Ranger though. I love the Duramax 2.8L but GM never really figured it out or the transmission tuning with the diesel engine. I still have small issues with my DPF and the fuel filter assembly on my truck also. Each time i go in for issues its always a parts replacement with an updated part. Gas engines dont exactly have the issues and the 2.3 in the Ranger has more than proven itself. Slap the FRPP tune on it and im sure it would be just as good as the 2.8L Duramax equipped trucks. You also get the benefit of unloaded performance versus the 181hp diesel engine which just doesnt have the "go" to it.

Do you mean Gladiator Rubicon? Cause the Wrangler is a different class of vehicle and has nearly zero towing ability(i believe its 2000lbs?). Or did you mean Wrangler Unlimited? I think those are in the 3000lb towing range.

The Ranger also tows well more than a ZR2(5000lbs vs 7500lbs). Kind of the reason why i went with a Z71 over the ZR2 was due to the 5000lb rating on the ZR2 vs the 7800lb rating on the Z71.

Id buy a Ranger though. I love the Duramax 2.8L but GM never really figured it out or the transmission tuning with the diesel engine. I still have small issues with my DPF and the fuel filter assembly on my truck also. Each time i go in for issues its always a parts replacement with an updated part. Gas engines dont exactly have the issues and the 2.3 in the Ranger has more than proven itself. Slap the FRPP tune on it and im sure it would be just as good as the 2.8L Duramax equipped trucks. You also get the benefit of unloaded performance versus the 181hp diesel engine which just doesnt have the "go" to it.

No, I meant Wrangler.

So you want a mid size, less than 1/2T truck to tow? Intersting.... certainly not the application this article is about.

These trucks are being markets as off road play toys. Also, I wouldnt buy a ZR2 with the diesel if i was buying a desert, Raptor-ish type of vehicle. I'd go after the 300+ hp v6.

All that said, if youre looking for an all arounder with some mild towing, the ZR2 is still hard to argue against at the ~$40-45k mark.

No, I meant Wrangler.

So you want a mid size, less than 1/2T truck to tow? Interesting.... certainly not the application this article is about.

These trucks are being markets as off road play toys. Also, I wouldnt buy a ZR2 with the diesel if i was buying a desert, Raptor-ish type of vehicle. I'd go after the 300+ hp v6.

All that said, if youre looking for an all arounder with some mild towing, the ZR2 is still hard to argue against at the ~$40-45k mark.

The article is on the Ranger and the newly added Tremor package. It mentions its tow rating even after the suspension/wheel tire additions as being the same as the non-Tremor Ranger.

I tow with my 1/2 ton all the time. I dont need an F150/1500 or bigger to tow 5500ish lbs. The Colorado does it perfectly fine while getting double the mileage of the F150/1500 trucks. Car trailers, utility trailers and the occasional large jobsite generator are perfect for the 1/2T truck market.

And while the Tremor package might be more offroad oriented i wouldnt consider it an "offroad play toy" like a Wrangler. A Wrangler is a play toy. A 1/2 ton truck can do much more and people buy them to use them that way. Bronco would be a better "play toy" than a Ranger(and would still probably have a better tow rating than the Wrangler).

Last edited:
Bronco tow rating is crap. Its 3500 even for the 4dr.

The world ranger from 2011 on looks like crap! Even the sema rangers or raptor ranger could not save it. If the ranger looked like this, I would have purchased one last summer....
fullsizeoutput_681.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread