2021 Dodge Durango, Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye and 2020 Challenger SRT Super Stock.

My94GT

Established Member
You are a tad revisionist, wouldn't you say?

Here is an alternative timeline that is just as accurate:
1970-2015 - Crickets from Dodge as they surrender an entire market segment to instead focus on K cars, PT Cruisers and Sebring convertibles.

2015 - HELLCAT!!!

>2015 - Dodge skins HELLCAT!! a million different ways with myriad versions of the same tired platform. There are ever so slight differences but nothing significant. Dodge fanboys blow their wad over ever so slight differences.

??? - Dodge goes BK due to inability to innovate or adapt to market that does not include same tired platform.

I would imagine much like ford has the F150 and explore/expedition to carry sales FCA has ram and Jeep to step in there. The revamp of the ram was likely higher priority and so far it seems to be paying off for them.

it’ll be interesting to see if we start getting more innovation out of them in 2021 and forward as I agree, it has to happen across the board to stay relevant. Maybe we get a glimpse of that with the new Jeep.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
An AWD American "muscle" car would be tits though.

I wonder how that would be received. Guys are still shitting themselves over the GT500 DCT despite the fact that it is better than 3 pedal manual in every way. If Ford wanted to win the drag wars they would come out with a Tesla knock off which I am sure would go over well.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder how that would be received. Guys are still shitting themselves over the GT500 DCT despite the fact that it is better than 3 pedal manual in every way. If Ford wanted to win the drag wars they would come out with a Tesla knock off which I am sure would go over well.

Yea, I think if Ford ever makes an AWD "fast" car it'll be a hybrid or fully electronic IMO. And probably off the "mustang" lineup which would definitely make the fanbase really happy lol.

I would think Dodge would do it for their last hurrah in a big ole v8 supercharged car, but if they haven't done it/leaked anything yet, then I'm not sure it's on their to do list. I guess for the Challenger, drag radials is as far as they'll go to get the car traction.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
You are a tad revisionist, wouldn't you say?

Here is an alternative timeline that is just as accurate:
1970-2015 - Crickets from Dodge as they surrender an entire market segment to instead focus on K cars, PT Cruisers and Sebring convertibles.

2015 - HELLCAT!!!

>2015 - Dodge skins HELLCAT!! a million different ways with myriad versions of the same tired platform. There are ever so slight differences but nothing significant. Dodge fanboys blow their wad over ever so slight differences.

??? - Dodge goes BK due to inability to innovate or adapt to market that does not include same tired platform.
Well if you really want to go down memory lane...

Ford had no answer to the Challenger/Cuda in '73 and '74.

Pintos blew up unlike Dusters.

Dodge invented the Mini Van

Carol Shelby himself loved those turbo K-Cars

Second Gen DSM is the best looking 90's sport compact and came with 215hp AWD and arguably the best Turbo-4 ever.

Dodge gave us the Viper and Cummins Ram while Ford gave us the 6.2/6.4 Powerstroke and 2002 Thunderbird........

F-series sales have remained flat for the last 3 years while Ram has been skyrocketing.

Hate all you want, FCA has been doing a solid job with Chrysler who's been the industry turd since the Mid-1930's.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Couldn't agree more. Nothing dodge makes interest me in the least. Much prefer the way Ford is going. I'll take a GT500 over any challenger variant
Ford in General is making SUV/CUVs and Pickup trucks, and some random Mustangs for good measure.
Dodge is building high horsepower excitement that generates multiple pages of discussion on a Ford forum every time they drop a new version of the same car.
LOL, I'll take the Dodge direction over Ford all day.
A one off $100K Halo car in limited quantities does not define the Ford brand to me at all.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Why not give consumers a choice?

S550 already has several manual transmission options. Thr new GT500 isn't some crazy trans-axle beast like the new C8 or GTR.

There really is no excuse for it, a strong enough manual exists. Charge extra even and let the buyers decide what they want. This is just like the Raptor being a 3.5TT only.

Roughly half the Hellcat Challengers sold have the TR6060 despite the 8HP90 being a vastly superior on the strip.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Screenshot_20200706-150718.jpeg

Should the Dodge Durango Hellcat Be Legal?

Yup, article isn't joking, author wants a ban on such vehicles.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

stvdman

Established Member
I thought the car companies were int he business to sell cars, in America by volume.

Being a person who will be buying a new car within the year in the $65k-$75k range..... I was almost yanked aside due to local dealer selling brand new 2019 Hellcat Callengers for $49,999. (yeah I know, $50,000).

They have like 25+ available.

So tempting.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
I thought the car companies were int he business to sell cars, in America by volume.

Being a person who will be buying a new car within the year in the $65k-$75k range..... I was almost yanked aside due to local dealer selling brand new 2019 Hellcat Callengers for $49,999. (yeah I know, $50,000).

They have like 25+ available.

So tempting.
what is the local dealer that is a great deal?

bigja01cobra

Established Member
They have like 20 of those deals. mostly black and white ones, saw one green and one grey
everyone is going to be fighting over the F8 green for sure lol. I am very tempted but it is nice having no car payment and I said the next car I want to buy is the Gen V Viper. Ill sell the 2001 cobra and then there will be room in the garage.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Sales figures are in, mustang stomped a mudhole in the camaro and challenger.

While you are 100% correct that the other two did bad, the Mustang is at historically low volumes as well. Certainly not enough scale to justify a dedicated platform in the future.

No matter your position, it's hard to get a good read on anything at the moment. Way too many macro level variables across the globe.

Users who are viewing this thread