2021 Dodge Durango, Charger SRT Hellcat Redeye and 2020 Challenger SRT Super Stock.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
It is more plausible to think it is one year only because the current generation Durango goes back to 2010. Chrysler's products and platforms are really old
So, nothing to do with emissions?
I think that was the second time I have read this though?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
So, nothing to do with emissions?
I think that was the second time I have read this though?
CAFE refers to fleet-wide averages. Despite what people think, even 10k hellcats being sold doesn't make a huge dent/determent to their CAFE averages. Higher CAFE standards are actually better for domestic automakers because foreign makers are now the ones struggling to meet CAFE standards.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Easy fix, slap a couple 305/35/20 NT555R's on the rear and bang out 3.5 sec. 0-60 on the street.
Yep, pretty easy if you try to make it better with appropriate tires.
I’m thinking an F8 green Charger Redeye will be replacing my new Ram soon than the wife will like. He said they’ll make them thru ‘22 at least so that’s good.
Plus if you order it they build it, non of this allocation BS.
-J

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yep, pretty easy if you try to make it better with appropriate tires.
I’m thinking an F8 green Charger Redeye will be replacing my new Ram soon than the wife will like. He said they’ll make them thru ‘22 at least so that’s good.
Plus if you order it they build it, non of this allocation BS.
-J
F8 Green is the sex.

IMG_20200627_140157.jpeg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Hell yes, I’ll take the F8 with a black roof only, hood and trunk F8.
I really liked my previous base red alcantarra interior with sound system, but that won’t go with the green.
-J

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Gotta hand it to dodge. Same old platforms but let’s just stick the hellcat motor in everything to keep them Interesting.
Heck they still make the Journey , blast from early 2000s

csc427

Established Member
never have I heard so many people complain about having so many vehicles with power lol
If ford offered every one of their vehicles with the gt500 motor and big Brembos the internet would shut down. It’s so silly. I’m certain nobody on this site would complain about a 700hp explorer that sounds insane and full factory warranty. Or a 700hp f150 with the same warranty. Or a drag focused mustang/gt500. You can’t tell me the conversations would be the same. I for one would be all over it.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
the new GT500 is MORE than an answer to FCA to me. run 10s, chase higher end sports cars around a track, all in the same day. hell ya!
So you’re right the GT500 is the best balanced car and for that and many reasons it’ll be my next Mustang.
That said, there is no reason the GT500 or ANY Mustang model doesn’t have at least one package catering to street/strip performance. I don’t think they should stop the Handling Package cars, just balance it with what many people have been wanting and because none exist, have left for Dodge SRT.
-J

My94GT

Established Member
If ford offered every one of their vehicles with the gt500 motor and big Brembos the internet would shut down. It’s so silly. I’m certain nobody on this site would complain about a 700hp explorer that sounds insane and full factory warranty. Or a 700hp f150 with the same warranty. Or a drag focused mustang/gt500. You can’t tell me the conversations would be the same. I for one would be all over it.

pretty much this. Hey and credit where credit is due, Ford is building some stellar cars but most won’t use them for a fraction of what they are capable of and they just want to tool around. FCA is exploiting that niche like its their job currently. Also they offer stellar deals on their vehicles and while I agree total value my land in fords pocket for what they offer, if I’m just in the market for a street car it sure is more tempting to spend in the 60s for a red eye vs 20k more at least for a GT500.

outside of that ford has nothing to compete with the Durango, trackhawk, and soon the TRX will drop and the raptor may be out classed.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Gotta hand it to dodge. Same old platforms but let’s just stick the hellcat motor in everything to keep them Interesting.
Heck they still make the Journey , blast from early 2000s
The journey was released in 2009, not the early 2000s. Also, 2020 is the final year. A long long but not that long, all things considered.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
That's a really intriguing way of putting it.

Why wouldn't Ford Fans have wanted to see the 2015 Mustang Launch with an optional 5.8L S/C engine? Why would they not want to see that engine as an option in the Raptor, Explorer and Taurus?

What a crazy world it could have been if Ford kept building the Trinity and shoving it into everything. What if they keep upping the power and upgrading the S/C?

840hp Factory Mustang?

csc427

Established Member
That's a really intriguing way of putting it.

Why wouldn't Ford Fans have wanted to see the 2015 Mustang Launch with an optional 5.8L S/C engine? Why would they not want to see that engine as an option in the Raptor, Explorer and Taurus?

What a crazy world it could have been if Ford kept building the Trinity and shoving it into everything. What if they keep upping the power and upgrading the S/C?

840hp Factory Mustang?
We would continually hear about how ford gives the people what they want. Lol. That’s what would happen. Not bashing ford at all, but I sure as hell am not bashing fca for building the hell out of performance cars. And quite envious I might add. Say you have kids but want a badass family car...would we complain about a ford explorer “Gt” with a supercharged 5.2, 700+hp, awd, brembos, gt500 inspired hood, and upgraded interior for say $80k? Hell no. Lol. My wife may be driving one instead of her supercharged range.

Last edited:

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
I love their cars and their engines as I do the GT500...The simple truth is that they're fat pigs and just keep adding power to a 14 year old platform...Plus if you can't hook it up then most of the power goes to waste just as when the C8 smoked the Demon earlier in the week...The first automaker that spends the extra $$$ and goes all wheel drive will be the big winner...The GTR kicked ass and now the Teslas do...Come on American manufacturers get with it...A big horsepower SUV is just a big gas guzzler and what R U going to rce, other SUVs......whoopdedo...just my .02 worth.

My94GT

Established Member
I love their cars and their engines as I do the GT500...The simple truth is that they're fat pigs and just keep adding power to a 14 year old platform...Plus if you can't hook it up then most of the power goes to waste just as when the C8 smoked the Demon earlier in the week...The first automaker that spends the extra $$$ and goes all wheel drive will be the big winner...The GTR kicked ass and now the Teslas do...Come on American manufacturers get with it...A big horsepower SUV is just a big gas guzzler and what R U going to rce, other SUVs......whoopdedo...just my .02 worth.

it’s about fun. Only a very small segment of people are really out street racing. Other then that most just want something that sounds nice, has gobs of power the few times a week they lay into it, and can brag numbers in the office or at car meets.

it sounds stupid I know it does but literally this is the stuff I hear about when I hear average people talk about cars. Heck even dodge mentioned in their reveal about how fun it is doing rolling burn outs at 50mph and let be real, it’s a blast! I know I know you aren’t winning any races doing that but most aren’t trying to and if they want they are a bolt on drag radial away from that.

Users who are viewing this thread