2021 Carlisle PA Ford Nationals

DaveWertz

Established Member
It's that time of year. Ford Nats! Even know I wasn't able to attend last year I am fully ready this year. Who can I expect to see this year? If you haven't ever attended this is a must for Ford gurus. Or just car guys in general. I hope to see the SN95 Cobra section packed this year. I will be there EARLY Friday morning and staying all day. Leaving Saturday morning.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I might drive down if the weather is good, but I see that as of today, they're requiring you to wear a mask. o_O Hopefully that will change to 'no mask required if you're vaccinated' or I definitely won't make the drive. I'd love to combine Carlisle with a stop at Hershey.

DaveWertz

Established Member
I might drive down if the weather is good, but I see that as of today, they're requiring you to wear a mask. o_O Hopefully that will change to 'no mask required if you're vaccinated' or I definitely won't make the drive. I'd love to combine Carlisle with a stop at Hershey.
I can guarantee you that most people vaccinated or not, will not be wearing a mask. I know I sure won't be. I had covid so I have the good antibodies HAHA

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Even Massachusetts is letting masks go (if your vaccinated) on May 29th. We are going to Carlisle, and will not be wearing a mask outdoors. Im sure the Carlisle team will be adjusting their policies after the recent CDC back down.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
We are kicking it around, as the wife is getting on me to making some room. Anyone have any Eaton swap requests?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Even Massachusetts is letting masks go (if your vaccinated) on May 29th. We are going to Carlisle, and will not be wearing a mask outdoors. Im sure the Carlisle team will be adjusting their policies after the recent CDC back down.
That would make sense. I haven't heard of any local businesses stating that as of May 19th (date the Governor earlier announced relaxed safeguards) masks would no longer be required. It would be nice to give folks some advance notice. They are just displaying the original Mask Required signs. So, yeah, I have to believe that Carlisle won't require masks. Man, will that make for an awesome venue. No freaking masks!

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
This past weekend, was at an SCCA event at NHIS, and few were wearing masks. Its coming, and it will come FAST (thank goodness).

DaveWertz

Established Member
That would make sense. I haven't heard of any local businesses stating that as of May 19th (date the Governor earlier announced relaxed safeguards) masks would no longer be required. It would be nice to give folks some advance notice. They are just displaying the original Mask Required signs. So, yeah, I have to believe that Carlisle won't require masks. Man, will that make for an awesome venue. No freaking masks!
PA eased up there restrictions. Mask won't be worn at this event. I mean some will but 95% will not be.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's about a 5 hour drive if I go. I WISH it was only 1.5 hours. LOL.

Saleen498

Established Member
It's worth the drive Bob. I grew up in your area and wend a few times. There used to be a caravan of cars that met at the truck stop in southington the Wednesday or Thursday before. I'm sure someone here knows who organized it.
I cant make it this year but I'll be there to drive down with anyone from the northeast in 2022

02 Saleen #498
03 Cobra #5467
15 GT PP #wgaf

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember reading about the caravan from the truck stop in Southington (I live less than 10 minutes from there). We're in Cheshire now, but we lived in Plantsville (1/4 mile from Topps Market/McDonald's) on South End Road for 25 years.

Saleen498

Established Member
I was 10 mins in the other direction on rt10. Spent about 10 years in plainville right by Tom's cafe. I'll definitely be down to drive with you and anyone else I can get from the boston area next year

02 Saleen #498
03 Cobra #5467
15 GT PP #wgaf

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll make a note of that, Jon. This year, as much as I'd like to go, is probably not going to happen because we're going on vacation in July for two weeks.

Tom's Restaurant on Linden St.?

Saleen498

Established Member
I'll make a note of that, Jon. This year, as much as I'd like to go, is probably not going to happen because we're going on vacation in July for two weeks.

Tom's Restaurant on Linden St.?
That's the one. My grandpa owned the restaurant and the 3 family next door.

02 Saleen #498
03 Cobra #5467
15 GT PP #wgaf

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, small world. I think it's now it's called Uncle Bob's Ham & Eggers.
20160326-083555-largejpg.jpg

photo1jpg.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread