2020 Shelby GT500 will have 760HP and 625TQ

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I’ll get one. I love it. And I’ll keep my ‘13/14. And have fun. Haters gonna hate, I’m pretty sure I’ll get the new one in Candy Red, too. As my old one. Then I’ll enjoy both and drive the heck out of them.
LEXiiON

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I would have to have this Green...

nc_oc=AQnkpHmwsLNKQOdir1tslLXLHcb31UxSJe6-VcXI3AOK_eHFP3Ni2VmWanTytPievoY&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
... What is staggering is the price tag, this 500 is going to be double that of S197 500s with exception of the 13/14 cars which were pretty stiff too.

You're expecting it to cost $90K - $100K??

edit:
Concerning marketing, why should Ford spend millions marketing the GT500 when they can get free marketing from all the magazine and YouTube coverage?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Ford dropped a Boss 429 bomb to get the Redeye nutswingers to shutup?

CobraKid04

Established Member
Cool car for sure. I just picked up a 13 gt500 3 weeks ago and love it. Has some creatures comforts, buts it's a simplistic design, which I really like. Big drag radials and I put it straight and she goes.

Everyone is all about handling right now, which is cool, but in order to put 760 down, in a straight line, your going to need a drag radial...which negates the handling aspects of the car. At 70+ k there are several other cars I'd rather own, that come in a manual.

The average Joe cant afford these cars anymore, let alone crack a beer and work on them without spending big money.

Just a tune for this car/ transmission is going to cost big money, if they can even break in.

My94GT

Established Member
Wouldn't it be hilarious if Ford dropped a Boss 429 bomb to get the Redeye nutswingers to shutup?
Don’t hold your breath for that to happen. Fords priorities simply aren’t there.

Though I love how if one is a red eye fan they are a “nut swinger” would it be safe to say you sound as if you’re hanging from fords nuts then and the car hasn’t even come truly to fruition yet?

Everyone should be happy these days to have all three brands providing a bounty of stellar options with 700 plus hp stock.

Recon

Established Member
Those are respectable numbers for a 5.2L. I’m interested in what a ford boosted Coyote based engine will do and can handle power-wise. Car has the hype I hope it delivers and then some.

its so funny to me that the ONLY negative about any dodge car...is its weight. Dodge's marketing is on point, and has been for a few years now. They are producing some badass products, but all that matters is THE WEIGHT. Not how they well run, superb interior quality, beefy transmissions, etc.

LOLOL

'yes they're heavy compared to other vehicles, but they also run 9s/10s stock as they come'

'yeah but they're still heavy'

'aaaaaaand we're done here'

I agree. The Challenger might look a little thick body-wise but it’s still an attractive car. I think it’s the best looking muscle car for going on a decade now. But what kind of hell would happen if they fix the only real complaint of the cars? Hellcat with a 500lb diet would be one seriously deadly car regardless of what Chevy and Ford come out with.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread