2020 Shelby GT500 will have 760HP and 625TQ

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It’s easier to go higher when you start low. Much harder when you start high. Even the 2019 challenger is behind the mustang through 3 months.

In saying that I’d rather have the $40k scat pack charger in f8 green than the $55k bullitt.

Thought I was editing not quoting...

Zemedici

Established Member
its so funny to me that the ONLY negative about any dodge car...is its weight. Dodge's marketing is on point, and has been for a few years now. They are producing some badass products, but all that matters is THE WEIGHT. Not how they well run, superb interior quality, beefy transmissions, etc.

LOLOL

'yes they're heavy compared to other vehicles, but they also run 9s/10s stock as they come'

'yeah but they're still heavy'

'aaaaaaand we're done here'

My94GT

Established Member
I love the marketing being put out by FCA currently, the demon, the hell cat, the red eye, even that recent Jeep ad. All the hype put fun in their total line up. That combined with their better quality in recent years had me jump ship from ford to buy a ram. I’m a car guy and I still appreciate good marketing behind a brands product.

I still don’t think it will matter with the GT500 but there is truth to the fact that I hear literally no talk about that and still hear people on average talk about hellcats or track hawks and how appealing they are.

All that aside I’ll likely be in the market in another year for a fun weekend car and a GT500 would definitely be appealing, though I’m curious how ADM will be come year two.

My94GT

Established Member
So basically the $40k upcharge over the HC is to cover the cost of warranty repairs. Haha.
What other car in that price range can be legally drove, taken to the track to beat on and covered by warranty if something goes wrong. Nothing in the sub 200k range that will run high 9s.

Again for the ones with the money to buy them they were tickled pink with the car. The market value is strong for them too so there’s that.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Pretty sure they do. There was a video of the Demon exploding diffs at the track and I'm pretty sure they were covered.

Yeah as long as there is no mods other than what came in the crate from FCA/SRT then yeah they'll cover but if there is one mod outside of the said crate or tires then nope you might as well just pour 104 oct gas on your Demon and set it on fire, that also includes any tunes also that is not from SRT also.

That diff brace you bought so as to prevent grenading it and the diff still grenaded, well guess what kiss your warranty goodbye.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
At the end of the day, the aftermarket is so strong for late model performance that you could have a more capable car cheaper by buying a new GT and modding it. Just my opinion. Obviously the pedigree won't be there, nor will the vin, but the price is going to be a "someone with money to burn" price tag for sure.

My94GT

Established Member
Yeah as long as there is no mods other than what came in the crate from FCA/SRT then yeah they'll cover but if there is one mod outside of the said crate or tires then nope you might as well just pour 104 oct gas on your Demon and set it on fire, that also includes any tunes also that is not from SRT also.

That diff brace you bought so as to prevent grenading it and the diff still grenaded, well guess what kiss your warranty goodbye.

And that’s really not an issue thanks to the capabilities of the car. For the ones that want to mod it we’ll then you know the risk and could have just bought a hell cat but they wanted and had the means to get a demon so again likely a moot point fiscally anyway.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I still don’t think it will matter with the GT500 but there is truth to the fact that I hear literally no talk about that and still hear people on average talk about hellcats or track hawks and how appealing they are.

I'll give you a little history lesson about SVT back in the day 1993, there was no radio, TV, movie, media ads for the upcoming Cobra and Lightning it was all by word of mouth or by your local SVT franchised Ford dealer only, as I remember the local Akron SVT dealer saying how he had 8 Cobras and about 6-8 Lightnings on his lot at the time Oct 1992 to May 1993 that was about it for SVT at least my area of Ohio.

That was how SVT operated and it seems they are still doing it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Once again, is it about the actual GT500 selling, or is it about the overall impact the GT500 has to Ford and Mustang sales?

The Demon makes me want to buy a SCAT Pack and give a solid look at the Ram.

The GT500 doesn't make me want a S550 nor a F150.

Ram is now Number 2 and LX cars continue to increase sales.

Challenger is a dynasour and yet its increasing every year while Mustang sales are falling.

View attachment 1580691

Throw in the Chargers 80k a year and the LX is the undisputed King of Muscle.

Do you find it odd that for 2019, the Camaro and Mustang "sold" the exact same number of cars each month?

My94GT

Established Member
I'll give you a little history lesson about SVT back in the day 1993, there was no radio, TV, movie, media ads for the upcoming Cobra and Lightning it was all by word of mouth or by your local SVT franchised Ford dealer only, as I remember the local Akron SVT dealer saying how he had 8 Cobras and about 6-8 Lightnings on his lot at the time Oct 1992 to May 1993 that was about it for SVT at least my area of Ohio.

That was how SVT operated and it seems they are still doing it.

Riveting story, I’m not that young where I don’t get the way the industry worked prior. I am however competent enough to understand that marketing goods is what sells them now via tv, social media and outlets of the like.

Ford pumps out tons of marketing for their brands they choose, Lincoln has great ads running currently that appeal to the luxuries accounted for with owner ship of their vehicles, F series plenty of ads displaying capabilities while staying economic with fuel, the list can go on.

There really is no problem with them not pumping out ads for the mustang. The GT500 will sell like all others have previously. That still doesn’t mean I wouldn’t personally enjoy seeing more for simple excitement in the performance market. It causes competition and builds hype and in turn us the consumers benefit all the best because brands are pushing boundaries to bring us the best.

Really though what are we both rambling on about anyway?

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
760HP is a very nice round number. I was close, I guessed 772HP last year. 760HP + DCT = 10s It will beat the Redeye, pretty easily, unless the Redeye has fat DRs. Stock versus stock, GT500 beats the Redyeye at the track or drag strip. Great job Ford. Now, put the DCT in the GT350, call it the GT350RS.

Coiled03

Established Member
Once again, is it about the actual GT500 selling, or is it about the overall impact the GT500 has to Ford and Mustang sales?

The Demon makes me want to buy a SCAT Pack and give a solid look at the Ram.

The GT500 doesn't make me want a S550 nor a F150.

Ram is now Number 2 and LX cars continue to increase sales.

Challenger is a dynasour and yet its increasing every year while Mustang sales are falling.

View attachment 1580691

Throw in the Chargers 80k a year and the LX is the undisputed King of Muscle.

Pretty sure it's about the GT500 selling.

If Dodge marketing works on you, and Ford's doesn't.....good for you? There's virtually nothing on this Earth that would get me to by a Dodge or GM.

its so funny to me that the ONLY negative about any dodge car...is its weight. Dodge's marketing is on point, and has been for a few years now. They are producing some badass products, but all that matters is THE WEIGHT. Not how they well run, superb interior quality, beefy transmissions, etc.

LOLOL

'yes they're heavy compared to other vehicles, but they also run 9s/10s stock as they come'

'yeah but they're still heavy'

'aaaaaaand we're done here'

Nah, that's not the only thing. It's a Dodge. That's the only major negative.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Agree... but I wish the TR-6060 wasnt prone to shitting the 1-2 upshift. If the GT500 had come with a 6R80 option.... I may have gone with it.

I never really had a problem with the 1-2 in the 09 5'hundy, though on rare occasions it would grind, feel a bit notchy. What is staggering is the price tag, this 500 is going to be double that of S197 500s with exception of the 13/14 cars which were pretty stiff too.

EDIT: my post on price is just speculative, have not seen any hard numbers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread