2020 Shelby GT500 will have 760HP and 625TQ

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Yes Ford will sell 100% of these. Yes, dealers will get away with absurd ADMs.

Talk about a snooze fest marketing team. I read about this today on C/D and on SVTP.

Where is Ford's marketing team?!?!?!?!?!?

Ford twitter: "Where do recycled bottles go?"
Ford Youtube: Last post 1 month ago - "Speed Therapy - First Dates"

And everyone in this thread is STILL talking about the Demon.

ford twitter.png

ford youtube.png

CV355

_
Established Member
Yes Ford will sell 100% of these. Yes, dealers will get away with absurd ADMs.

Talk about a snooze fest marketing team. I read about this today on C/D and on SVTP.

Maybe that's why marketing snoozed. They know the car will sell like hot Krispy Kremes next to a police barracks. And arguing over hp/tq differences that are cherry-picked figures is like pissing in an ocean of piss.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

Ford twitter: "Where do recycled bottles go?"
Ford Youtube: Last post 1 month ago - "Speed Therapy - First Dates"

And everyone in this thread is STILL talking about the Demon.

View attachment 1580677
View attachment 1580679
Why spend a dime on marketing when the car speaks for itself?
I mean really, if the car will sell right off the bat why would you spend any money to market it?
If this is your money and your product is guaranteed to sell (order banks already filled, like the Ford GT), why spend on advertising?

Pribilof

Established Member
I mean really, if the car will sell right off the bat why would you spend any money to market it?
If this is your money and your product is guaranteed to sell (order banks already filled, like the Ford GT), why spend on advertising?

Halo cars are supposed to draw interest to the brand and help sell other cars.

CV355

_
Established Member
^ Why spend a dime on marketing when the car speaks for itself?

It's more than just the car, it's the image of the company.

Many of us care because we are SVT owners. Many others care because they like the follow the progression and evolution of high-horsepower production vehicles. It's sort of like with sports. People turn into zealots over a bunch of illiterate basket-weavers with numbers slapped on them even though they have no true association with the goons.

PBF020-Skub.gif

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Its their Halo car. They should be selling the entire Mustang lineup on the performance DNA found in the GT500. Ford Marketing really is dropping the ball on the opportunity to blast out how bad ass Mustang is today. The GT500 should be the lead car in Mustang marketing, and they are worried about bottles.?

blk02edge

Established Member
Lets not forget that current ford management doesnt GAF about this car and its only happening because of the last man in charge. They are a green 1st company now

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Its their Halo car. They should be selling the entire Mustang lineup on the performance DNA found in the GT500. Ford Marketing really is dropping the ball on the opportunity to blast out how bad ass Mustang is today. The GT500 should be the lead car in Mustang marketing, and they are worried about bottles.?
The halo car is still the Ford GT. Which is whats pushing the eco boost brand.
I have not seen one Ford GT commerical, would be nice though. Im not defending ford, would be nice to see some commercials about the new mustang line up. Just like the v6/GT/Boss/2013 GT500 commercial.

Ford is smoking crack..the other day i read an article about how ford leaders are saying noone wants a v8 explorer..

Gtfooh!!
They are probably saying that based on sales. You could want a v8 explorer, but wanting one is different from putting your money where your mouth is. Just like the guys on reddit who want a manual, wagon. Sure they want that type of car, but they arent buying one. LOL

Pribilof

Established Member
Right? Isn't that what this is doing?

Not when people are still talking about the Demon on SVTP.

What are "normal" people talking about? Not the GT500. Do they even know it's a thing?

I have not seen one Ford GT commerical, would be nice though.

Is Ford even producing new GTs right now?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

What are "normal" people talking about? Not the GT500. Do they even know it's a thing?
Is Ford even producing new GTs right now?
Exactly, the Demon I just searched in cargurus, only 42 available for purchase. That car is very rare and the cheapest was 95k. This GT500 will slowly roll out and be produced in the thousands.

The Ford GT is going to be made till 2020 i believe.

jmsa540

Established Member
I have not seen one Ford GT commerical, would be nice though. Im not defending ford, would be nice to see some commercials about the new mustang line up. Just like the v6/GT/Boss/2013 GT500 commercial.

They are probably saying that based on sales. You could want a v8 explorer, but wanting one is different from putting your money where your mouth is. Just like the guys on reddit who want a manual, wagon. Sure they want that type of car, but they arent buying one. LOL
Good point

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Coiled03

Established Member

Around here, if you don't talk about the Demon, you're just a brand loyal hater. Now, if you do, then somehow you're proving that the GT500 isn't doing it's job as a "halo car". Can't win for losing, smh.

Of course people know the GT500 is a thing. More importantly, the RIGHT people know; the people who will spend their hard earned money to buy one.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Around here, if you don't talk about the Demon, you're just a brand loyal hater. Now, if you do, then somehow you're proving that the GT500 isn't doing it's job as a "halo car". Can't win for losing, smh.

Of course people know the GT500 is a thing. More importantly, the RIGHT people know; the people who will spend their hard earned money to buy one.

Once again, is it about the actual GT500 selling, or is it about the overall impact the GT500 has to Ford and Mustang sales?

The Demon makes me want to buy a SCAT Pack and give a solid look at the Ram.

The GT500 doesn't make me want a S550 nor a F150.

Ram is now Number 2 and LX cars continue to increase sales.

Challenger is a dynasour and yet its increasing every year while Mustang sales are falling.

Screenshot_20190619-134108__01.jpeg

Throw in the Chargers 80k a year and the LX is the undisputed King of Muscle.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Once again, is it about the actual GT500 selling, or is it about the overall impact the GT500 has to Ford and Mustang sales?

Challenger is a dynasour and yet its increasing every year while Mustang sales are falling.

View attachment 1580691

It’s easier to go higher when you start low. Much harder when you start high. Even the 2019 challenger is behind the mustang through 3 months.

CV355

_
Established Member

View attachment 1580691

Good point and facts to back it up.

Users who are viewing this thread