2020 Shelby GT500 will have 760HP and 625TQ

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
when you have less power and torque than the competition, just distract everyone by talking about hp/liter. just like the honda guys used to do back in the day. :rolleyes:

and i like how they are hush hush on curb weight, power to weight would have been something to brag about.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not going to knock the car. The GT500 will be a beast, and it will put smiles on a lot of faces. Their marketing, and claiming the most HP per liter doesn't sit well with me though.

760 is not a shabby number on a Pony / Muscle car. In fact, it is downright nasty off the factory floor. Now to see what enthusiasts do with these cars? What are their limits? How fragile is the engine and the rest of the drivetrain?

I'm still disappointed in the release, and the manner of description concerning the cars HP.

...and I have to say it; "Venom didn't kill Demons".

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1.) Their marketing isn't meant to be superb. Dodge had the Viper for years and never advertised it until it was done with production.
2.) 760hp is stout for a stock car.
3.) As I've said before, Ford didn't care about the release. Ford is in a much better financial situation that FCA has been in years. They are making a badass car and will sell every one of them with no issues.
4.) Venom killing demons is still yet to be seen. The weight will be interesting when it comes out. In my mind, the GT500 will be a mid 10 second car and be able to kill it on the road course, if that's the case, I think Ford succeeded in killing the Demon.

when you have less power and torque than the competition, just distract everyone by talking about hp/liter. just like the honda guys used to do back in the day. :rolleyes:

and i like how they are hush hush on curb weight, power to weight would have been something to brag about.

There are plenty of Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsches, etc with less horsepower and they seem to do just fine.

where did that come from? O.O

I haven't given you a hard time in a while!

Kiohtee

Established Member
I hope @Zemedici goes back to reread and see that it says most powerful Ford, and most horsepower/torque PER LITER.

where did that come from? O.O

Haha, I was wondering the same thing. LOL

Still don't like how the car (or the S550 platform in general) looks, but it sounds like it should be nasty.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I'm not going to knock the car. The GT500 will be a beast, and it will put smiles on a lot of faces. Their marketing, and claiming the most HP per liter doesn't sit well with me though.

760 is not a shabby number on a Pony / Muscle car. In fact, it is downright nasty off the factory floor. Now to see what enthusiasts do with these cars? What are their limits? How fragile is the engine and the rest of the drivetrain?

I'm still disappointed in the release, and the manner of description concerning the cars HP.

...and I have to say it; "Venom didn't kill Demons".

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app
The limiting factors will be the small blower inlet with what looks to be no room for porting and the torque rating on the DCT which they are currently close to exceeding already.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Again show me someone other than over hyping SRT pulling that magical 9.65 time with a totally stock same exact spec Demon and I'll stop ragging on it. Answer there has been no one, zilch, nadda, zero. Even Fiat knows that has given them a big black eye on themselves.

I bet Fiat/Dodge would like to take a mulligan on that 9.65 business.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

But it did happen, right? (Not to take this thread super off course)
They spent unlimited time at an empty track with great D.A. to achieve that number, or so I thought?

I don't think it hurt them too much on a limited run car.
Hell, some of the ones near me were being sold with a 50k ADM. Probably to spend the next 5-10 years collecting dust.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Guys, not jumping on any band wagon at all but hp is just a number, it really should be about performance don't you think? There are plenty of big hp cars that can't get down the road. Give me a low hp car that runs good numbers because it is a well put together package and I will buy it hands down to one that has big hp and can't.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member

They would of done better if they said the best we did was the 9.65 time but we constantly did around 10.0 second times. But nope they went and said numerous times how the 9.65 time was gospel.

And don't you think it is funny that after this fiasco that Fiat went to Chrysler and flat out told them if they ever again done another hero run like this that they would pull the plug on any future project on ever seeing the light of day. Hence the Demon came with 804 HP (before the crate tune) the Redeye 796 HP, 1/4th times Demon's 9.65 then after parent Fiat scolded them the Redeye was given a 10.85 time because SRT knew that if they didn't the Redeye would of been DOA faster than they could of blinked.

Another person I talked to that works with the Camero and Corvette powertrain said wouldn't it be ironic if Dodge gave that Demon of theirs that did the 9.65 time had 900 to 950 HP and if the buyers and general public ever found out. The law suits would be so fast and furious every time Chrysler turned around they would be smacked in the face with another law suit. It would down right ruin them beyond repair.

And this is a picture of my dads new to him 2015 Callaway C7 SC627. The guy works for Callaway but is not Reeves or his son.
IMG_1007.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread