2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP Track Action! Cresson MSR 1.7 CCW (video)

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
In this video, you see my 2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP on Cresson Motor Sport Ranch's 1.7 mile CCW road course. I battle hopped-up ZO6s, a hopped-up 1LE Camaro, a Porsche GT4, a twin turbo Mercedes GT and a host of other cars. See some sliding/drifting! See me almost hit a turtle! See a ZO6 go off track. See ME go off track! I ran 6 sessions that day. This video has some highlights as well as a couple sessions with data. I had a BLAST. I hope you enjoy watching!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tim, we need to get you running with some faster sanctioning bodies and really push the car!

Here are the NASA records at Cresson.
upload_2021-5-28_8-22-25.png

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Tim, we need to get you running with some faster sanctioning bodies and really push the car!

Here are the NASA records at Cresson.
View attachment 1705423
I assume those were all dedicated track cars. I was quite pleased with my off the showroom car. It ran the fastest laps in my group and I had a blast doing it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I assume those were all dedicated track cars. I was quite pleased with my off the showroom car. It ran the fastest laps in my group and I had a blast doing it.

Not necessarily racecars. The nice thing about NASA is that your car with mods or without mods is put into a class, and if you run street tires, stock aero, etc, that gives you a lower mod. So in turn a car with aero, slicks etc, couldn't have near the power of your car and still fit in the same class; it really levels the playing field.

You would fit into TT1 as is, and could add running slicks and probably stay on the cusp of TT1.

I'm not saying you didn't have fun. I think your lines are pretty solid, and was just pointing out not to settle for the times you were running. You, and your car, have a lot more in you!

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I run NASA TT2 with a fairly stock Camaro ZL1 with ZL1 1LE parts added to it and I've been competitive. NASA records are usually achieved with some ideal conditions and outstanding drivers. I agree with @13COBRA. I would go for more seat time with a group like NASA. I am the guy with the Camaro that posted on your Youtube with the PDR and the tip on the steering position.

Not necessarily racecars. The nice thing about NASA is that your car with mods or without mods is put into a class, and if you run street tires, stock aero, etc, that gives you a lower mod. So in turn a car with aero, slicks etc, couldn't have near the power of your car and still fit in the same class; it really levels the playing field.

You would fit into TT1 as is, and could add running slicks and probably stay on the cusp of TT1.

I'm not saying you didn't have fun. I think your lines are pretty solid, and was just pointing out not to settle for the times you were running. You, and your car, have a lot more in you!

Users who are viewing this thread