2020 NFL logo and uniform changes

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
With multiple teams changing their looks, I’ve been both impressed and severely disappointed with some of what we’ve seen so far.

The one team to knock it out of the park so far is the Buccaneers. While they aren’t anything ground breaking, the new uniforms are very much a return to form. As a lifelong Tampa native and Bucs fan, a modern update to the Super Bowl era kits are EXACTLY what I was hoping for. I read on UniWatch that they were possibly getting rid of the orange outline for the numbers and I’m very happy to see that is not the case. The all pewters are probably the weakest link with the fact that they almost come off brown is some lighting, but unfortunately, with the current helmet regulations, creamsicle throwbacks aren’t an option. But I’m interested to see what they look like in person and in natural light and I really like the red/white contrast to the gray.

61405831bfb8fc17e13e9032818cceba.jpg

The Falcons just dropped theirs and are a complete dumpster fire. I was really hoping to see them return to the Deion Sanders era (and their throwbacks are far and away the best of the new offering). But they went the complete opposite direction. The most egregious are the red to back gradient variation. Gradients NEVER work well on sports uniforms. And the “ATL” lettering on the front is too NBA.

9ed44910d297bae4a0af4e4a29539df4.jpg

The Rams released their new logo after denying the leak (that turned out to be 100% authentic and I don’t know a single person that is on board. Yet again, the gradient makes an appearance (yellow to white this time). And to make it worse, I’ve seen other collegiate logos that this is almost a direct copy of.

85fbc465be7fc28fcef5af46c27bab2a.jpg

I do however really like the Rams’ new alternate logo. I think it’s a clean, modern update to their logo from 1942-82.

1102d7f480001e82e61be914eb2ea5c7.jpg

The Chargers logo tweak is an improvement. I like the flatter arch and the removal of the navy blue outline.

03bab72860280449c2aa7d164227b377.jpg

I’m excited to see what the Patriots, Browns, and Colts are putting together. And I’m pretty sure there are even a few other teams that I’m not remembering.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Can they replace the browns three turds with three lines of steam? I would love the these teams go so place...

LA Chargers - Go back home and call yourselves the Bismark
CLEV Browns - Two chances and you still suck, go to Oklahoma, OK Cyclones
JACK Jags - San Antonio Outlaws (Put the Cowboys and Texans in check)

Users who are viewing this thread