"2020 GT500's Scheduled For Production - Part 1"

stutter

eat me
Established Member
@Snoopy49 dealer told me 11/15 to the day. I’m hoping it changes sooner as it is a Ford Perf Blue car and some of those are getting built sooner. My vin is 1034. Please keep an eye out lol ugh so freaking close

Snoopy49

Established Member
14 New VINs showed up today. ME, CT, NJ, IA, MI, IL, NV, MO & WA.
So it looks like the show ain't over yet.:)

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
It looks like 43 cars have been produced.
53 Sent to Plant.
14 new VINs issued, 3 of them Sent To Plant.
38 in the Body Shop.
6 on the Trim Line.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
At this rate mine will show up just as the blizzard of 2019 begins. Or not until St Patrick's Day if the UAW decides to go on strike with Ford too.

Negativity, in heavy doses, can be much like reverse psychology if the aim is to trick karma into pleasing you when it originally wanted just the opposite.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I just went through 140 production window stickers and found all the USA and Canadian cars were Rapid Red, FP Blue, Shadow Black or Oxford White. There were 3 Puerto Rican cars, 1 Twister Orange, 1 Magnetic Met & 1 Iconic Silver. These do not include Factory ordered cars.

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
At this rate mine will show up just as the blizzard of 2019 begins. Or not until St Patrick's Day if the UAW decides to go on strike with Ford too.

Negativity, in heavy doses, can be much like reverse psychology if the aim is to trick karma into pleasing you when it originally wanted just the opposite.
HA HAAAAAA
Good luck brother. Hopefully it's not in a snowstorm. Although, the car carriers probably aren't going to be delivering cars when it's crappy out.
PLUS,.......will Ford release these cars during the winter/cold months like they did not do with the GT350/GT350R cars???

Snoopy49

Established Member
There are 1170 Stock and Retail VINs
66 have been Sent to Plant
27 are in the Body Shop
8 are on the Trim Line
51 have been Produced
7 VINs have been Cancelled
1011 have been Scheduled to a week or a day.
37 Work days (assuming 4 day work week) until Christmas holiday shutdown.
UAW will decide if the plant shuts down before Christmas.

Last edited:

gfcobra04

Established Member
Premium Member
There are 1170 Stock and Retail VINs
66 have been Sent to Plant
52 are in the Body Shop
8 are on the Trim Line
52 have been Produced
7 VINs have been Cancelled
985 have been Scheduled to a week or a day.
37 Work days (assuming 4 day work week) until Christmas holiday shutdown.
UAW will decide if the plant shuts down before Christmas.
How many days from start to ready to ship to dealer?

Snoopy49

Established Member
It starts in the Body Shop after that it's anyone's guess as too how long it takes to get to the dealers. Too many variables.
No cars have been Released for shipping.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
151 - Cars in production or produced.
81 - Base cars without Painted OTT Stripes.
4 - Base cars with Painted OTT Stripes.
43 - CFTP cars with Painted OTT Stripes.
23 - CFTP cars without Painted OTT Stripes.
67 - Total CFTP cars.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
For all the people that were wondering about colors.
151 Stock/Retail Cars in production or produced.
10/20/2019

50 - Rapid Red
45 - Ford Performance Blue
30 - Shadow Black
23 - Oxford White
1 - Iconic Silver (Export)
1 -Twister Orange (Export)
1 - Magnetic Metallic (Export)

Last edited:

kilomikebravo

Established Member
Earl: To your knowledge, does Ford typically load rail cars sorted by dealer so they can all come off together? If that or something similar is the case, with 52 produced, one would think there have probably been five or ten times as many regular Mustangs produced along with the other models. Seems like if that's the case, they ought to start shipping fairly soon as that would be a lot of vehicles parked outside somewhere.

Sure wish we had a member who lived in Flat Rock AND was a competent drone pilot so we could get some daily/weekly photos and video. :)

kilomikebravo

Established Member
I sure am glad I chose Rapidly Red although my second choice was your combo, Jaime...white on PB and that would have made the cut, too. I lucked out for a change and I'm thinkin' YOU'RE thinkin' the same thing. :)

Snoopy49

Established Member
Earl: To your knowledge, does Ford typically load rail cars sorted by dealer so they can all come off together? If that or something similar is the case, with 52 produced, one would think there have probably been five or ten times as many regular Mustangs produced along with the other models. Seems like if that's the case, they ought to start shipping fairly soon as that would be a lot of vehicles parked outside somewhere.

Sure wish we had a member who lived in Flat Rock AND was a competent drone pilot so we could get some daily/weekly photos and video. :)

I think there is something going on at Flat Rock that is stopping the shipment of GT500's. I'll find out this week if they start shipping cars or at least show the car as Released for shipping. It seems like there are a lot of cars sitting around and going nowhere.
Remember the 2019 GT350 problems that stopped all GT350 shipments? I hope something similar isn't happening to the GT500's.

Users who are viewing this thread