2020 GT500 Underhood shots

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Just a quick comparison between the GT500 Grille Opening Reinforcement panel (top) and the same from the GT350. Perspectives aren't a perfect match but close enough and I cropped portions of the GT500 panel that were obscured by bodywork, etc. Regardless, it looks like Ford was telling the truth:) in that the part looks to very much be carryover aside from the hood pins/bases being added to the GT500 GOR.

___%20GT500%20GT350%20GOR%20comparison-X2.jpg

Snoopy49

Established Member
It is much cleaner. Ford does a terrible job organizing under the hood.

I wonder if they will tidy up a bit on the production cars?
This may explain the lack of under the hood shot, it wasn't ready for prime time.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Considering the GT350 looks like shit under the hood, I fully expect the GT500 to be no different. A shame. Having the hood open should be a moment of PRIDE, not a FUGLY experience.

96gt02

Established Member
that is definitely an IAT sensor and not a MAF or MAP

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The new gt500’s engine bay looks as good as the demons or the camaro’s to me. Modern bays need less plastic and more painted/coated metal, aluminum, and magnesium stuff. If cheap asses like me can shill for decent stuff, these companies can too. The plastic is a joke.

I like ford’s engine bay better than the chevy’s because it’s not all plastic. Who wants tons of painted plastic everywhere? Go back to colored head covers though. The gt500 should have deep rich blue valve covers. I know the hellcat red eye has black heads while the hellcats have orange heads. I like those kinds of changes.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I put together a few GIF's from some photos I was able to overlay. Two I just did a few minutes ago.

First, the CF Track Pack wing in each available position. I suspect that those that pay for this will set the attack angle to the most aggressive setting and leave it.

____TOB-WING-ADJUSTMENT-XL.gif

Next up is a good comparison between base and CF Track Pack. Somebody at Ford had already made some adjustments to the "base" photo and if you look close you can see what they did.

____TOB-CF-TRACK-PACK-VS-BASE-XL.gif

And one I did a few weeks ago showing the louvered hood section in place as well as removed.

_2020-GT500-Hood-GIF-TOB-XL.gif

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Wait till people see that gt500 carbon track spec swapping times with a Ford gt.

Users who are viewing this thread