2020 GT500 TRACK ATTACK Charlotte Motor Speed Way

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was a fun video! Nice track training session. Question. I know you were in Track Mode. Those shifts were instantaneous. Is there any shift time differences between Normal Mode and Track Mode? I know the transmission is excellent and quick, but wondering if Track Mode speeds the shifts.

Ford Funatic

Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you! Yes different modes change shift points and how long it holds a gear. Up and downshifts change. It is a different animal when going from Normal to sport, track etc... Throttle response changes as well. Great track car!! Appreciate you checking it out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I thought so. The shifts on my G-70 are different in Comfort & Sport modes. So much so that I tend to stay in Sport mode most of the time. It does, though, sip more fuel in Sport mode. A price I'm willing to pay. LOL.

Ford Funatic

Established Member
Premium Member
I thought so. The shifts on my G-70 are different in Comfort & Sport modes. So much so that I tend to stay in Sport mode most of the time. It does, though, sip more fuel in Sport mode. A price I'm willing to pay. LOL.

Smiles per gallon! I don't blame you. When they filled the GT500 up with gas for the road course it was reading 79 miles to empty
on a full tank.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
No Sir. I wish I did. Good friend of mine purchased two of them so he let me use his Vin# so I could attend the class.
I have the 2020 F250 Tremor 7.3 gas truck that is ProCharged.
I also have a 2004 Cobra and a 2013 GT/CS
Buy your buddy a beer. I attended the 350 Track attack last Fall. I guess you didn’t have to do the heel toe exercise, which depending on how you do dictates which run group you’re in.

Ford Funatic

Established Member
Premium Member
The Cobra is pretty much all stock with a little under 32,000 miles. Only mods are a JLT cold air intake, Bassani x-pipe and mufflers with high flow cats. Bassani Tailpipes.
MGW Shifter
AFCO Heat Exchanger.

Ford Funatic

Established Member
Premium Member
Buy your buddy a beer. I attended the 350 Track attack last Fall. I guess you didn’t have to do the heel toe exercise, which depending on how you do dictates which run group you’re in.

I bought him some beer and will continue to do so. That was one of the funnest experiences I have ever had.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The Cobra is pretty much all stock with a little under 32,000 miles. Only mods are a JLT cold air intake, Bassani x-pipe and mufflers with high flow cats. Bassani Tailpipes.
MGW Shifter
AFCO Heat Exchanger.
Nothing wrong with those basic mods. Wow, only 32K miles. Should you ever sell it, assuming it's in great condition, not having some of the higher performance mods will usually work in your favor. A lot of would-be buyers look for minimally modded Terminator, with 100% stock low mileage cars being like the Holy Grail.

Ford Funatic

Established Member
Premium Member
I purchased this car back in August of 2019. The only thing that was done to it was the Exhaust. It still even had the original air filter in the stock airbox. I don’t plan to do anything else to it except some Cross drilled/slotted rotors. The factory rotors and pads are still on car.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, just an exhaust mod, with original air filter in the factory airbox. One mod I do recommend, just for appearance sake, is lowering springs. You can always keep the factory springs if you ever sell it. Dropping these cars an inch or so really works wonders, appearance wise.

Users who are viewing this thread