2020+ GT500 oil consumption thread

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Thank you. Have we established the 2020 GT500 thread counter yet?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Jealousy looks good on you bro.

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Waiting for "GT500 overheats and goes into limp mode after 10 minute track session"... Thread. I hope not...But it will happen.

blk02edge

Established Member
The first "issue" was already posted on the other forum. Something about wavy rocker panels

Jeff D

Established Member
The first "issue" was already posted on the other forum. Something about wavy rocker panels

Was not rocket panels it was side splitter a couple pics did look like they had some waves and stuff but they are preproduction models and mules that have seen some hard use so the plastic side splitter getting damaged maybe to early to call it an issue

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member
Was not rocket panels it was side splitter a couple pics did look like they had some waves and stuff but they are preproduction models and mules that have seen some hard use so the plastic side splitter getting damaged maybe to early to call it an issue

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Thats why I quoted issue, it looked like a nothing burger to me with potato photos

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Eh, Ford won't have the same issue with this issue. They've spent too much money replacing the 5.2L in the GT350s.
I sincerely hope so....although there was the era of 6.0/6.4 powerstrokes....where they just kept smashing their face into the wall for 9ish years...and the 5.4/4.6 3 valve debacle.

Either way hope they have this nailed down

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I sincerely hope so....although there was the era of 6.0/6.4 powerstrokes....where they just kept smashing their face into the wall for 9ish years...and the 5.4/4.6 3 valve debacle.

Either way hope they have this nailed down

This is a little different though. They aren't mass producing and hitting deadlines for fleet deals...

blk02edge

Established Member
Eh, Ford won't have the same issue with this issue. They've spent too much money replacing the 5.2L in the GT350s.
And the tech pack fiasco, annnnnd learning from GM's mistake with the C7Z. It would be criminal if they managed to screw up cooling in this car

fearthesnake

Established Member
Spent to much money replacing Blocks with out of round bores on 19 model 5.0s too!

Most drivers think it's a normal tick when its not.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
COTA, this coming summer will show just how good the thermal management is with this car. Or not.

Race Red Boss

Established Member
Will be interesting to see if they have something noted in the owners manual re: oil consumption expectation as they did in the GT350's......

Users who are viewing this thread