2020 GT500/GT350

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Happy Monday! I had wanted to post on Friday, however all of the pieces hadn't fallen yet, and I wanted to have concrete numbers and news when I did post.

We're a small-medium size Ford dealership in the Midwest. We're just far enough out of Kansas City (about 30 minutes) that Ford asked us if we would want to become a "Select Dealer" instead of a "Contact Dealer"; the difference being that the contact dealers had Ford reps in their building every month or at least every quarter, and select dealers just get inundated with phone calls, emails and video conferences. We jumped at the opportunity because instead of being one of the smaller contact dealerships in our region, we would be one of (if not) the largest select dealer in our region, which has a lot of perks.

As far as our region goes, we get a lot of 'help' on allocations, and are always the first notified about Ford's newest programs. Since 2015, it's also helped us snag up extra allocation that we wouldn't have otherwise received. When the GT350s were announced and the program enrollment opened, I called 20 of the smallest dealers in our zone to see if they were signing up, and if not if I could buy their allocation. My normal allocation landed me two 2016 GT350s, three 2017s, and two 2018s; however I was able to buy other stores enrollment and use them for myself. Instead of having seven GT350s to sell, we ended up selling a total of 23.

When Ford announced the MY20 GT350/GT500 Enrollment, I was set out to do the same. A lot of dealers got "smarter" though. Several of the original dealers were keeping their allocations, which they should... and then several others, instead of just making me pay the enrollment fee, they wanted me to pay MSRP for the cars. It came down to the wire with how many allocations I was going to be able to secure, and I missed out on at least 5 more (of each) because my rep got back to me after the other dealers already closed :mad:.

I've had a 'list' of people who were wanting cars for about a year now, and now that allocation is finally settled, I'm going to post it below.

MY20 GT500
1. @Tob
2. Craig -Local Enthusiast
3. @Wilson & Co
4. @02GTKB
5. @gfcobra04
6. @MGW
7. @verbal
8. _______________________

MY20 GT350
1. @thehiredgun
2. Chris -Referral from SVTP member
3. @PhoenixM3
4. @RobG64
5. @singingwhodat
6. @dlaude
7. Jeremy Tarca (username?)
8. ________________________

If you notice, #7 on both cars is "open". I'm going to raffle off the last two allocation spots and give the money towards disaster relief from the recent tornado in my hometown that left several families without homes and without any belongings.

General Info On Raffle: The MY20 GT500 will be sold at $1,199.99 over MSRP ($1,000 + $199.99 administration fee). I paid MSRP to get it, so I think that's fair. The MY GT350 will be sold at $1,199.99 over invoice ($1,000 + $199.99 administration fee). I'm not trying to get rich on a few cars, but rather put them in the hands of people who will actually drive them, and not some 60 year old man that thinks they're going to be his retirement plan.

I will make a thread when I figure out the specifics, and I will copy a link to the thread in this this, so if you are interested, please "Watch" this thread to get notifications so you don't miss it. It'll be a fairly quick process as I want the winners to have as much time with the order guides before placing an order as possible.

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Thankfully, there are some good dealers out there and Nick, you're one of them. You were great to do business with on the sale of my GT350 and I can't wait to get the ball rolling on the GT500. We've had an agreement on this one for a year and a half now and I'm really looking forward to making it a reality.

I think it's pretty cool how you are handling those last allocations. Thanks for doing all of this.

And thanks for taking care of George. No manual (his bread and butter) but I know he'll find a way to develop some interesting and unique hardware with one of these beasts at his fingertips.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
Nick, you certainly aren't the average Ford dealer.. Ford should recognize your work!

Generous
Ambitious
Knowledgeable
Hard Working

Alot of dealerships (and people in general) are some of those qualities but very few are all!

Keep me in the loop on the raffle. I will donate to the cause!

Now if you weren't a 17hr drive away from me :). Looking forward to it!

SVTCam

Established Member
Awesome work Nick, being from MO I watched that storm coverage. Awful. While I don't know you personally, it appears you do everything the way it should be done at a dealership. Kudos to you sir.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Very cool of you to keep the price in check and raffle the last cars off.

So do you know official power numbers yet? I saw there is a fake R&T test sheet floating around the internet, I wonder if Ford had anything to do with that.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very cool of you to keep the price in check and raffle the last cars off.

So do you know official power numbers yet? I saw there is a fake R&T test sheet floating around the internet, I wonder if Ford had anything to do with that.

Nothing yet. It'll become known to the public the same time as to dealers.

This the big news you promised?

Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread