2020 gt500 final expectations before release

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Is Dave saying no DCT, just an A10?

I suppose is he is simply being more specific. The Getrag DCT unit is orientated differently that a potential GT500 DCT as well as it (GT500) supposedly being manufactured by Tremec and that there really isn't much to carry over either, if anything.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Pretend I don’t follow DCT equipped cars.

What’s the cheapest performance car available now that can be equipped with a DCT?

If the car manages to start in the 64/65K range, will there be many other choices in that price range that can be had with one?

Edit: Got unlazy and did a quick search.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Performance oriented car is probably a base model Cayman with the $3200 PDK option. Around $61k, but that's a 4 cylinder with 400+ hp less.

SlowSVT

Established Member
With what this site has gone thru in the last 3 years I wonder if Sid is going to delay the creation of the S650 GT500 section until it's released in 2025

I hear it's going to have dual 100 MW motors

DepWraith

Established Member
I mean, it's too late now.

Someone leaked the brochure online. It's a Tremec 7-speed DCT, which is what it always was, since inception.
Could you just please point out where you posted that specific info to back up your claim of since inception please.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
DCT gonna make ADM's onerous, I think, much bigger pool of buyers. Wonder what Ford is planning for production numbers?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
As @DBK indicated the brochure has leaked.

Lots of cool shit on this car.

Finally a carbon drive shaft. Blown 5.2 confirmed.

Gigantic brakes, DCT, cobra puddle lamps (lol).

The list is long... gonna be a sick car!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Could you just please point out where you posted that specific info to back up your claim of since inception please.

He posted numerous times that it was not the 10sp auto. He also posted numerous times that it was not the getrag dct our of the GT and other exotics.
He also posted numerous times that is was not manual gearbox in saying that this was the best decision. ...more fun to drive a dct where it’s full acceleration all the time.
He also posted it was better than the zf8 speed.

maverick0817

Established Member
Pretend I don’t follow DCT equipped cars.

What’s the cheapest performance car available now that can be equipped with a DCT?

If the car manages to start in the 64/65K range, will there be many other choices in that price range that can be had with one?

Edit: Got unlazy and did a quick search.
Does a GTI/Golf R count? Lol.

DepWraith

Established Member
As @DBK indicated the brochure has leaked.

Lots of cool shit on this car.

Finally a carbon drive shaft. Blown 5.2 confirmed.

Gigantic brakes, DCT, cobra puddle lamps (lol).

The lost is long... gonna be a sick car!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13/14 had CF driveshaft.

DCT is good for sure!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very impressed so far with the package. Still looking forward to full Ford debut tomorrow AM!
Power, weight, price, performance all TBD but the package is right.
Might be the perfect street and top speed toy.
I’m sure it’ll respond to mods well and as I don’t plan to drag race this one hard, the basics of more boost, mild intake/exhaust and octane/tuning should be enough.
Whatever they rate it at is only suggestion, as I’m expecting 800rwhp pump E85 in a conservative but complete tuning package.
Can’t wait to see if we got billet OPGs and a block/rotating assembly that can handle that power!
-J

maverick0817

Established Member
Very impressed so far with the package. Still looking forward to full Ford debut tomorrow AM!
Power, weight, price, performance all TBD but the package is right.
Might be the perfect street and top speed toy.
I’m sure it’ll respond to mods well and as I don’t plan to drag race this one hard, the basics of more boost, mild intake/exhaust and octane/tuning should be enough.
Whatever they rate it at is only suggestion, as I’m expecting 800rwhp pump E85 in a conservative but complete tuning package.
Can’t wait to see if we got billet OPGs and a block/rotating assembly that can handle that power!
-J
If the motor can support maxing out the blower, I bet this car goes 8's with bolt ons, smaller brakes, wheels/tires.

csc427

Established Member
He posted numerous times that it was not the 10sp auto. He also posted numerous times that it was not the getrag dct our of the GT and other exotics.
He also posted numerous times that is was not manual gearbox in saying that this was the best decision. ...more fun to drive a dct where it’s full acceleration all the time.
He also posted it was better than the zf8 speed.
Yes. Doesn’t take a genius to pick up what he was laying down. He eliminated all options other than dct. It’s called reading comprehension.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Maverick, I’d like to agree.
The DCT is a huge variable, but I personally know a TVS2650/5.2 combo will go mid 8s at 3600#, so this thing at 4100# may need some help for 8s.
I need to keep this one “take the wife to dinner” friendly as my 2014 is way to rowdy for her.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread