2020 GT500 debut video

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Better shots, but the ad is still lethargic in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What do you mean exactly? Was "ad' a typo or referring to the video as an ad? I dont think that is supposed to be an ad.

Last edited:

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Ugh.. I like it but that front is meh and the spoiler is really ugly. Wish they would have played more with something else then blowers again and done something interesting like twins or compound and still make really good power up and down with staying smog legal. Even with a couple of small snails you could still be under the weight of the blower and lower manifold cooler and play with positioning more towards the firewall and get that weight back half some for better handling. Other then that it looks decent but the exhaust is way to obnoxious, the 350 still sounds better with the exhaust modes.

Last edited:

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the rotary shift knob o_O

yeah, my wife's new 2019 Edge has one too, with paddle shifters. (it's tough guy stuff)

LOL, ur at a car cruise and want to rev the engine, but have to turn ur knob to neutral...LOL

I "like" the car, I don't love the car. I was going to keep my 2014 (it seems more unique to me) anyway, but I am not a buyer for this car, I really wanted twin turbos.

E

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Ford doesnt know the HP numbers yet...
Right.... or the weight or the price range....
They whole way the release of this car has been handled is crap. Going back to that first cgi video... to the released overhead photo on the cover of C&D... I mean the only new info we got yesterday was the dct only... everything else is still ?????
I mean I think it looks great. I want one too.... either tell us or wait for the car to be production ready before you introduce it.
Imo they are pivoting their Hp number because of the redeye... cause that 720hp isn’t so awesome anymore....

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
My 9yr old son said it looks like a ricer GT350. I shit myself. I’m sure it looks better in person but I think the 350 is a better looking/sounding car. JMHO.

And Ford’s marketing is a joke. They know exactly how much it weighs (3900+ most likely) and how much power it makes. They have been doing this same ****** marketing routine since the S550 debuted.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
My 9yr old son said it looks like a ricer GT350. I shit myself. I’m sure it looks better in person but I think the 350 is a better looking/sounding car. JMHO.

And Ford’s marketing is a joke. They know exactly how much it weighs (3900+ most likely) and how much power it makes. They have been doing this same ****** marketing routine since the S550 debuted.

Agree on all points.

Id actually bet shes over 4000 lbs... probably close to 4200. Having my s550 apart for the turbo build has shown me just how much extra bullshit Ford has packed into this chassis. It all adds up to weight penalties.

merkyworks

Established Member
I would bet a year's salary that a theoretical 2020 GT500 with a 10r80 would crush this DCT GT500 down the drag strip by a good margin.

The reason Ford went with this Tremec DCT was purely for the road course. This car will crush its competitors on the road course, but there are better options had the car been aimed at the 1/4 mi crowd.

Agree the DCT route was for road course performance.

Couple of thoughts on 10r80 Vs DCT.
- Torque band/output of SC 5.2L being higher wouldn't make the little longer hang time in each gear bad.
- 10sp would always being shifting or searching for the next gear, to much constant up/down shift which can upset cars handling.
- Heat management, guessing maybe the DCT is easier to keep cool than a 10r80.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I will be surprised if the non carbon fiber wheeled model doesn’t weigh 4200 at this point. Perhaps the track pack with cf wheels and no back seat is 40xx

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Overall i like it. Looks are ok. It would be nice if there was a manual option though.

I will say this though, Ford waited way to long to release a car that essentially is just going to run with GM and Mopar.

Side note: I wish Ford would rename the Ford Performance group back to SVT. Ford Performance just looks and sounds lame imo

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Agree on all points.

Id actually bet shes over 4000 lbs... probably close to 4200. Having my s550 apart for the turbo build has shown me just how much extra bullshit Ford has packed into this chassis. It all adds up to weight penalties.
I'm thinking its lighter. The gen 5 zl1 was around 4200lbs. This car while it has more features will also be sporting lighter materials. I wouldn't be surprised if the carbon package brings the weight around 3900 or hopefully less.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm thinking its lighter. The gen 5 zl1 was around 4200lbs. This car while it has more features will also be sporting lighter materials. I wouldn't be surprised if the carbon package brings the weight around 3900 or hopefully less.

I sure hope you’re right. I just don’t see it tho.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The weight figures were already disclosed.... again .... 4,200+

Users who are viewing this thread