2020 GT500 debut video

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Freakin wicked! I love the car personally, but Im with most everyone in being frustrated with Ford on their execution of most things lately.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Just watched this with headphones on. Car is too loud IMO. Typical un-muffled Coyote sound. A bit much IMO, but im old lol.

Also... at the 18 second mark you get a drivers view of a 1-2 gear shift. While the shift itself is pretty quick, Id argue the 1-2 shift on the 10r80 is quicker and harder....the close ratios of the 10r80 allow the car to accelerate faster. I was not impressed with that part of the video. Too much RPM drop between shifts.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Reveal was a bit hokie... but I like the looks. But.... no actual numbers..no hp,weight or price....
Supra released today and we know it all......

Ford has once again chosen to be tight lipped about the exact numbers. Imo it’s getting real old.... their PR Department is weak!

csc427

Established Member
Just watched this with headphones on. Car is too loud IMO. Typical un-muffled Coyote sound. A bit much IMO, but im old lol.

Also... at the 18 second mark you get a drivers view of a 1-2 gear shift. While the shift itself is pretty quick, Id argue the 1-2 shift on the 10r80 is quicker and harder....the close ratios of the 10r80 allow the car to accelerate faster. I was not impressed with that part of the video. Too much RPM drop between shifts.
The 10r80 will NOT shift anywhere near as fast as this dct. Worlds apart. And the 10r80 is great.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The 10r80 will NOT shift anywhere near as fast as this dct. Worlds apart. And the 10r80 is great.

Taking it youve never driven a 10r80 down the drag strip... pretty obvious.

The 10r80 shifts faster than Porsches PDK DCT trans ............ so there's that.

Looking at that video above, i can tell you with certainty the 10r80 shifts just as fast and harder into 2nd gear than this car.

gofast15

Established Member
My wife said it's a nice car, but it's not a Redeye or 1LE. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
She's completely right about that . You will need Redeye and 1LE to compete with this car .GT500 is going to be a complete package
GT500 against ZL1 /1LE - similar handling , will rape 1LE in straight line
GT500 against Redeye - similar acceleration in straight line , I think GT500 will be 1-2 tenths quicker .GT500 will be in a different universe if you put both cars on a road course

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
She's completely right about that . You will need Redeye and 1LE to compete with this car .GT500 is going to be a complete package
GT500 against ZL1 /1LE - similar handling , will rape 1LE in straight line
GT500 against Redeye - similar acceleration in straight line , I think GT500 will be 1-2 tenths quicker .GT500 will be in a different universe if you put both cars on a road course

You got all that from a 45 minute reveal and 6 minute youtube video?

Impressive!

gofast15

Established Member

The 10r80 shifts faster than Porsches PDK DCT trans ............ so there's that.

Looking at that video above, i can tell you with certainty the 10r80 shifts just as fast and harder into 2nd gear than this car.

it has been proven it's a bogus claim by GM first and Ford . They don't count converter slip between shifts

csc427

Established Member

But hey... The new GT500 is awesome bro!! lolol
I take it you’ve never driven a properly sorted dct at any speed? And I have driven the 10r80 at full acceleration. It really is fantastic. Stupid ford and their dct. I’m sure Ferrari, Mclaren, Porsche, Lamborghini, mb, bmw, and Audi will start using that magical 10r80. I’d say there will be people swapping their dct equipped GT500 for the 10r80.

csc427

Established Member
it has been proven it's a bogus claim by GM first and Ford . They don't count converter slip between shifts
But motor trend says it is...so...lmao. There was actually thoughts of legal ramifications due to false advertisement on chevys behalf.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I take it you’ve never driven a properly sorted dct at any speed? And I have driven the 10r80 at full acceleration. It really is fantastic. Stupid ford and their dct. I’m sure Ferrari, Mclaren, Porsche, Lamborghini, mb, bmw, and Audi will start using that magical 10r80. I’d say there will be people swapping their dct equipped GT500 for the 10r80.

Ah hahahaha. That analogy is retarded based on what i said, but hey... A for effort i guess. By your idiotic logic, I guess I should say pro-mod drag cars are stupid for running the powerglide and should immediately switch to a goofy DCT.

I would bet a year's salary that a theoretical 2020 GT500 with a 10r80 would crush this DCT GT500 down the drag strip by a good margin.

The reason Ford went with this Tremec DCT was purely for the road course. This car will crush its competitors on the road course, but there are better options had the car been aimed at the 1/4 mi crowd.

csc427

Established Member
Ah hahahaha. That analogy is retarded based on what i said, but hey... A for effort i guess. By your idiotic logic, I guess I should say pro-mod drag cars are stupid for running the powerglide and should immediately switch to a goofy DCT.

I would bet a year's salary that a theoretical 2020 GT500 with a 10r80 would crush this DCT GT500 down the drag strip by a good margin.

The reason Ford went with this Tremec DCT was purely for the road course. This car will crush its competitors on the road course, but there are better options had the car been aimed at the 1/4 mi crowd.
I guess me and gofast15 are idiots then. Good day sir.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Just saw the reveal video and it was some of the most cringe worthy car shit, I’ve ever seen in my life.

Who came up with that shit?
It really is a weak ad. I was expecting pavement pounding and boiling tires. I did listen to the video with headphones, and I like the exhaust note and blower whine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread