2020 GT500 CFTP 1st Track Day: 35 degrees! (video)

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
In this video, I take my 2020 Shelby GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack to the track (road course) for the first time. I booked this day awhile back. It turned out to be quite cold that day! I went ahead and did it... figuring what is the WORST that can happen with 760hp on summer track tires on a 35 degree day!?! Watch the slipping and sliding... I had fun driving and making this video... hope you enjoy!

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
That looked like a lot of fun. Thanks for taking us a long with you. Those new Gt500's are really impressive.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Good for you Goose. I’m glad you have the opportunity to have every car I want. But I also hate you for it lol.

thanks for posting the video.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Very nice. Now I'd love to see the car in temps warm enough to get the tires to bite.
How does it compare to driving experience of your other vehicles? I'm sure she is light years ahead in all facets, but does it ever leave you feeling like you need or miss the manual gear box?

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Very nice. Now I'd love to see the car in temps warm enough to get the tires to bite.
How does it compare to driving experience of your other vehicles? I'm sure she is light years ahead in all facets, but does it ever leave you feeling like you need or miss the manual gear box?
Warmer temps will be nice, but if you saw the g data on track, I was still hitting upwards of 1.33 g’s in the turns! I was surprised at how much grip I actually had once the tires got a little heat in them!

How does it compare to my others... like you said: light years ahead!” My 2011 Whippled GT500 makes about the same power, but isn’t even in the same solar system. The new car is simply amazing and out driving with that epic DCT tranny doesn’t make me miss the 3rd pedal whatsoever! The tranny is what pushes the car into the super car category.

Users who are viewing this thread