2020 GT500 5.2L OIL-AIR SEPARATOR

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have been collecting a few pictures of the separator.

M-6766-A52 Whole.jpg

M-6766-A52 Top 2.jpg

M-6766-A52 Bottom 2.jpg

M-6766-A52 Top.jpg

M-6766-A52 Mounting Bracket.jpg

M-6766-A52 Parts Package.jpg

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
The 2 5/8" nipples are clearly the in / out, but what's the smaller one? Is that supposed to be a drain of some sort?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Blue Oval sent me an email saying my separator order shipped this morning. I suspect these are being dropped shipped from Ford Performance.

C0bra99

Established Member
How would you compare this to like a bobs solution? pretty pricey for what it is.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I had Bob's on my last GT500 and my GT350. I also tried the FR separators on the GT350 for a bit.

Bob's - I liked being able to run custom braided hoses the way I wanted to. The separators are industrial and I dig a clean, fabricated look. In terms of collecting oil they worked just as advertised. The ability to drain them quickly was icing on the cake.

FR - The OEM look definitely holds a place in my heart as well if for anything so as not to attract potentially unwanted attention. Those in the know, know, and that's good enough for me. The molded, composite is as space age as these things get and the hardware quality is first rate. I did get a blem upper on one of my FR separators and FR quickly sent me a replacement. I also had one break and just happened to have met the gentleman at Ford that designed them and discussed the matter and gave him my suggestion on how to mitigate the issue. Believe it or not, he listened and Ford integrated the change on all the passenger side GT350 separators. Not having a drain though was something I wasn't a fan of, hence Bob's.

These FR GT500 separators are similar in construction to the GT350 units, aside from their shape and the fact that they drain. Knowing the gentleman that designs them I have full confidence in their function and performance.

kilomikebravo

Established Member
Tob: I'm STARTING to see a LITTLE payback in the CFTP option, <chuckling> and thanks for the inside scoop on the 350 version and your contribution.

Edit: Forgot what I started out to ask...

Does anyone know or, have an idea what Ford had to pay for those CF wheels? Whaddaya know or think the wing is worth?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The Bob's units I had were piano black with the optional hose/fittings. Loved these. I did a writeup here on the install, pretty straight forward.
___zzzz12.jpg~original.jpg

The FR separators were on my GT350 first. I disassembled each for a better understanding as to their construction and noticed a hole that wasn't molded properly. Next to it on the right is the replacement FR sent me.

zIMG_0789.jpg~original.jpg

The company that makes them for Ford included this note. I wasn't upset as I understand these things can happen and really appreciated the apology and won't forget it.

zIMG_0784.jpg~original.jpg

I had an ear break off while inserting a push pin. It was the middle of winter here in Upstate, NY, and the cold certainly didn't help the glass filled nylon. The ear was completely supported while doing this. I contacted the "Ron" as he was the engineer at FR that came up with these and suggested they just eliminate the hole (the harness is well restrained without it) as it creates a weak point and doesn't allow an adequate amount of material on each side of the hole. Not long after our discussion the separators lost the hole. Impressed the shit out of me that somebody listened.

0306161824_HDR.jpg~original.jpg

zIMG_0802.jpg~original.jpg

Ron wouldn't budge on the drain issue as much as I laid out my argument to the contrary. The fact that the GT500 separator has a drainback provision shows that he was listening all along.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
" Ron wouldn't budge on the drain issue as much as I laid out my argument to the contrary. The fact that the GT500 separator has a drainback provision shows that he was listening all along. "
So you like the drain-back provision on the GT500 separator ?
Curious, did you empty what your Bob's separator collected back into your crankcase ??

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Just got an email from Blue Oval, they have more stock now but have raised the price up $25 from the $399

Snoopy49

Established Member
@Tob
There must be a check valve on the drain back port to keep crankcase pressure out of the port. If that is the case, it would only drain back at low pressure or when the engine was not running.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'm tied up at the moment Snoop but I did pull my phone out to film what comes when you order one of these. When I get a chance I'll open it up.

Users who are viewing this thread