2020 Ford Explorer | Who Is Responsible For This?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Brutal

I will echo their thoughts on the interior. Took a quick look at a ST (the new version of the GM SS), and for $60K MSRP, the interior was a joke. I mean completely sub-par in a lot of ways. Looks pretty good from the outside though.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
LOL. I'm only 5 minutes in. He is ripping the interior and the display. I agree, that screen implementation sucks compared to the 12" one in my Ram. All those defects in the seats, etc... .seriously Ford?

"It would be a better use of $1000 to pay to get my back waxed for 6 months than to pay for this audio system upgrade"
ROFL!

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Is the 8inch display built into the dash like other Fords? It is much cleaner. I love pulling up next to suckers in 70k german cars with a screen mounted on top of the dash looking dumb as hell.

What parts of the exterior are alum?

RWD ftw!

einehund

Established Member
I love my Focus ST. I love my GT500. I like my F150 when it isn't causing problems. That all being said, i can't stand the direction Ford Motor Company is heading; the magical mustang mach-e, the abortion that they've done to the ST badge, and as the review pointed out, the lack of caring about putting out a good product. I am pretty sure I've bought my last Ford product.

noco5.0

Established Member
I'm currently leasing an Explorer Sport. Thought about upgrading to an ST in 18 months, but prices will have to come way down. I wouldn't be opposed to a low mileage used one if they are holding up well mechanically.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
For being a technology company now, they sure haven't learned how to make the tablet use to its full potential.

I feel the sync 3 8in was overall one of the best setups they came up with.

johnkn

Established Member
I hope they get them sorted out. We’ve been very happy with my wife’s Platinum 2018 Explorer. I would call the interiors overall fit and finish excellent. About my only complaint is the small gas tank, but she doesn’t put that many miles on it so it’s not an issue for her, but I’m used to the 600 mile range in my Raptor....

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
The ST is one hot looking Explorer.
I wouldn't mind owning one as a daily driver.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Exterior is nice on the ST. Interior I can't get over that center screen. Like when its integrated into the dash. Not some last second I pad looking add on

I see way more Tellurides and the Palisade over explorers in general.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ford dropped the ball tacking on the ST badge because it is a glorified Sport. Ford could have really done something special with both the Edge ST and the Explorer ST by building in performance and features worthy of the ST badge. Unfortunately that would have pushed the MSRP north of where the Explorer ST is today. Their price target for the Explorer ST meant compromises were (sadly) a must. The 2020 Explorer ST is a fine SUV. It just isn't a true Ford Performance ST. Of course, ST buyers can turn to the aftermarket to get the exceptional performance that should have come from Ford.

I loved my 2016 Edge Sport. With a Livernois tune, straight line performance was exceptional. Seats (same as the new ST's) were too soft and had minimal side support. I had really hoped the ST would wow me. I liked the Sync 3 system a LOT. Ford did a great job with it.

Users who are viewing this thread