2020 Details From Ford Racing

Snoopy49

Established Member
I received this information from Kyle at FP.
I was hesitant to order the CF instrument panel because I was getting conflicting information. One source indicated it was an appliqué and another said it was an overlay, so I decided to go to the source for an answer.
I earlier asked him about the availability of the air oil separator and he had to do a bit of research and he got back to me this morning.

I asked him this question.
"Do you know if the Carbon Fiber instrument panel is actually a carbon fiber part or is it a metal part with a vinyl or carbon fiber overlay, wrap or appliqué?"

Here is his answer.
The panel is real Carbon as far as I know.

I have news on the Air Oil Separators.
Ford Performance Parts will offer the 5.2L GT500 separator that is found on the Carbon Fiber Track Pack available for the base car owners.
I do not have an eta just yet, this should be ready to go once cars begin to be delivered

Snoopy49

Established Member
I have been trying to find pictures of the standard Shelby® Exclusive Aluminum Instrument Panel and have had no luck. At least that's what I thought, it turns out the standard panel finish looks a lot like the carbon fiber panel.

Thanks to Kyle at Ford Performance who took the time to take a few pictures of a base 2020 GT500 that was sitting in their garage.

It looks like I will be saving $1000, the standard dash panel looks pretty good.

Here are the pictures of the base Shelby® Exclusive Aluminum Instrument Panel.

GT 500 Base Car Interior 1.jpg

GT 500 Base Car Interior 2.jpg

GT 500 Base Car Interior 2.jpg

Comparison between Carbon Fiber and Standard finish.

GT 500 Interior Compare.jpg

Attachments

• GT 500 Base Car Interior 3.jpg
    GT 500 Base Car Interior 3.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 233

LostM

Established Member
Thats how i felt about the tech package, but at the end of the day, limited quantity, highest version Mustang, so phuck it

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Thats how i felt about the tech package, but at the end of the day, limited quantity, highest version Mustang, so phuck it

The tech package is the one I don't really think is worth it. I mean, if you order the Recaro seats, which I feel like most people would, I know I did, then the power seats are no longer true, correct? You are back to manual seats anyway.

The navigation while handy, we live in a world where we always have our phones. And that is more than enough. Sync the phone to the car, and boom, navigation that is more up to date then the preloaded maps that come with builtin nav systems.

That leaves you with what, better sound system and puddle lamps? lol.

Am I wrong about the seats?

Snoopy49

Established Member
That’s when you say I have No money....Good Luck with you New Shelby!! I’m sure it will be Great!!

Thanks, I am really looking forward to driving it.
I feel sorry for the guys that are currently married, a wife is not likely to go for your pre-2020 GT500, but you don't stand a chance with the 2020, as soon she realizes it has an automatic transmission, you will be lucky to get visitation privileges. Just ask any Corvette owner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread