2020 Corvette Mid-Engine, 0-60 under 3, starts under $60,000.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
giphy.gif

blk02edge

Established Member
Ferrari TC is designed for tracks, not launching. And the car only makes 360 ft/lbs
The 458 is at home on a track smashing laps. Jesus, read any of the ferrari boards.
I love the hate for ferrari. You're judging pictures of a not yet produced car, against pictures of a 458, having spend 0 ****ing seat time in either. Seems legit.
My life is lived at a real world class race track where I have seen more than plenty real ferraris go home with their tails between their legs. You are reading too many magazines my friend. Everything I say about race tracks and certain cars is from real world experience, not my friends cousin this or youtube that.. I also turn around 1k laps/year myself.

I of course have not seen the C8 perform yet but if anyone thinks its going to be slower than the outgoing C7 you are in for a world of hurt. And an outgoing C7 GS is faster than a 458 in the magazines and more reliable in real life

LostM

Established Member

doesnt look like a lot of airflow.. i guess the overheating issue isnt going away any time soon

Whats crazy is last week, the DCT wasnt an amazing performance enhancement or the GT500, 500lb heavier but 80 more hp meant the demon was still waaay faster. aftermarket radials on a demon were still "stock".. so the 500 was a bust

now the c8, BASE C8 that IS NOT doing sub 3 0-60, is going to rape a gt500 because it has DCT, down 500lbs, and only down 240hp..and it will run low 10s with a stock radial..

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
doesnt look like a lot of airflow.. i guess the overheating issue isnt going away any time soon

Whats crazy is last week, the DCT wasnt an amazing performance enhancement or the GT500, 500lb heavier but 80 more hp meant the demon was still waaay faster. aftermarket radials on a demon were still "stock".. so the 500 was a bust

now the c8, BASE C8 that IS NOT doing sub 3 0-60, is going to rape a gt500 because it has DCT, down 500lbs, and only down 240hp..and it will run low 10s with a stock radial..

Try to keep up! Roadside Pub is the Player Haters Ball!

tenor.gif

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I swear some of you will argue with a wall.

I cannot afford either new presently so therefore I can't have an opinion on either (/sarc)

Keep doing what YOUR doing guys. ;D

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

LostM

Established Member
I did my googling... How about you post a link proving all the big magazines wrong. Until you can, the base is 495hp.

What does the asterisk denote?

You literally proved him right trying to prove your pointView attachment 1587959View attachment 1587960

Well lots of people will have to eat their words then, I did find another article backing that up so we shall see. Im aware it requires the Z51 package to do the sub 3 but the tire is still the biggest player in that.

Why are we arguing so much over 5hp from the "performance exhaust?" Does nobody on this site make exhaust the 1st or 2nd upgrade? An aftermarket exhaust (especially an "off-road" one) will easily give much more than 5hp at the crank (which is literally meaningless to performance).

I guarantee that the power will be the same no matter what Chevy publishes between the Z51 and base. Salesmen going to sale you on a promise. Unless it has a more aggressive tune that is. But it doesn't say anything about receiving a more aggressive tune.

sorry guys, its more than a few HP to get that #, and performance costs money.. especially when the "list goes on and on:"

c8.JPG

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
When will you talk about the different amateur drivers driving the cars on different days in different conditions?
Not to mention a repaved track that has made the track significantly faster...

LL has no bearing accurate capabilities of any car, it’s even worst when try to compare multiple cars.

blk02edge

Established Member
sorry guys, its more than a few HP to get that #, and performance costs money.. especially when the "list goes on and on:"

View attachment 1588400
Fine... a few hp plus 2.... I don't think anyone is saying a base or z51 is going to beat a gt500 in a straight line, 0-60 yes, but I think any model gt500 will pull either base or Z51 c8 in a roll or by the end of a 1/4. The Z51 C8 should be toe to toe with the carbon track pack around a track.

CV355

_
Established Member
this is how we know your a bundle of sticks that doesnt know anything about racing

He lives in NYC. If he farts too loud while driving a cuckmobile, the NYPD will cite him for a loud exhaust. Before too long, it'll be like the UK. Oi mate you have a loisence for runnin' ovah 50 donkey-thrust?

quad

Established Member
Not sure if this has been posted yet...

GM Explains How It Kept The 2020 Chevy Corvette Under $60,000

One of the greatest mysteries surrounding the 2020 Chevy Corvette is how, exactly, General Motors was able to keep its starting price under $60,000. The current C7 Corvette Stingray, this generation’s entry-level offering with 455 horsepower (339 kilowatts), starts at $55,900. And yet, according to GM, the C8’s starting price could be within a stone’s throw of the C7. Motor Authority, also curious about the mental mathematics needed to justify the low starting price, asked GM how it kept the price so low.

General Motors president Mark Reuss told the publication the automaker would spread out the C8 Corvette’s cost over an expanded future lineup. Just like the C7, the C8 will have a “portfolio” of models. The new 2020 Corvette Stingray is just the beginning. Rumors of a hybrid and plug-in model are already swirling online. And there are rumors GM could expand the Corvette model into a brand with a sedan, SUV, and Corvette-based Cadillac offering. That’d be one way to spread development costs. Reuss also pointed to GM’s new Global B electrical platform as another reason for the price.

2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread