2020 Corvette Mid-Engine, 0-60 under 3, starts under $60,000.

CV355

_
Established Member
I always laugh at benchracers who compare HP figures. Seriously? Who the flying hell cares what it makes stock, when almost everyone is going to mod the hell out of it, putting it in "whoever spends the most, wins" category. Numbers games are useless- I found that out the hard way in 2010 when I hit the 4-digit club and went "wow, this sucks."

It's an amazing car, GM knocked it out of the park, I hope it isn't plagued with "1st-gen" design/engineering issues. Do I regret getting an '18 GT vs a '20 C8? Nope. I'm hoping my father test drives a C8 and decides it's perfect for him in retirement.

You can run a quick search on here, and I've said it many times. The Grand Sport C7 is the biggest bang for the buck out there at the moment, until the C8 hits the streets. I'm still a Mustang guy, but that doesn't mean I can't respect what GM did. Just wish they'd pay back their bailout money.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
This car is going to hit the streets and mustang owners will be suiciding themselves left and right after they get that ass gapped open by the C8
Unless they are playing the power game. Im in the category of I think the C8 looks and will be baller, but its going to get its shit pushed in by the various built cars out there. 800-1000 at the wheels and its much more a drivers race. Just ask that 3.7 Tubo/n20 loaded witht 3 dudes pulling on a 700hp GTR. That shit is glorious.

The average Mustang GT owner who thinks his stock or intake and tune is badass is probably about to get gapped. Severely. Same goes for the Scat Pack guys and Camaro SS owners.

Sounds like game over on a road course.

Also, i fart in the general direction of the first C8 owner that names his car Kate.... :D :D :D

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Unless they are playing the power game. Im in the category of I think the C8 looks and will be baller, but its going to get its shit pushed in by the various built cars out there. 800-1000 at the wheels and its much more a drivers race. Just ask that 3.7 Tubo/n20 loaded witht 3 dudes pulling on a 700hp GTR. That shit is glorious.

The average Mustang GT owner who thinks his stock or intake and tune is badass is probably about to get gapped. Severely. Same goes for the Scat Pack guys and Camaro SS owners.

Sounds like game over on a road course.

Also, i fart in the general direction of the first C8 owner that names his car Kate.... :D :D :D

That LT is already a proven engine and they will have all kinds of power adders as soon as it hits the streets. Im predicting LMR out of Houston will be the first to 1000hp and 9sec 1/4 mile. I also guarantee within a week we will see the first ones in Houston on 1320 video pulling gap trains. Those cars wont stay stock long and the exotics better be on the lookout. There is a new sheriff in town and he’s bringing the heat.

blk02edge

Established Member
A buddy of mine has an F430, regarding interior/coachmanship, lol, the interior was definitely low on the list of things Ferrari cared about! Now maybe the 458 is a little nicer inside, but I doubt it’s a huge improvement.
Ive spent time in both, same goes for the gallardos and even Huracans. I honestly rate Ford and chevy top sports cars equal lol

Now if cadillac gets a hold of this platform.... Pleeeease

Last edited:

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
That LT is already a proven engine and they will have all kinds of power adders as soon as it hits the streets. Im predicting LMR out of Houston will be the first to 1000hp and 9sec 1/4 mile. I also guarantee within a week we will see the first ones in Houston on 1320 video pulling gap trains. Those cars wont stay stock long and the exotics better be on the lookout. There is a new sheriff in town and he’s bringing the heat.
It'll be a race to be first with LMR and Vengeance Racing.

Dusten

Established Member
Awesome TC system yet still slower to 60 than the Z51 which is on inferior tires. Have you seen a 458 interior? Very very meh. Carbon brakes are the biggest waste of money out there.

Aside from having Ferrari status they are extremely comparable and in reality the nod would go towards the C8 if you take bias away
Because 0-60 is the end all of performance. Let's see repeated lap time. Let's see a human match GM's 0-60

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think the c8 is an exceptional value and likely to be an incredible drivers car.

Arguably it’s about perfect stock. Get a z51 package if you track it otherwise a base car at $60k is all you could every really need.

This is coming from a guy with a 1200whp car. Once you have crazy power you just don’t need it in every car.

I’d personally buy a c8 over a gt500. I’d rather have a manual transmission than the dct but that’s not looking to be an option. Oh well. I’m not buying one until they are used and cheap.

Dusten

Established Member
I always laugh at benchracers who compare HP figures. Seriously? Who the flying hell cares what it makes stock, when almost everyone is going to mod the hell out of it, putting it in "whoever spends the most, wins" category. Numbers games are useless- I found that out the hard way in 2010 when I hit the 4-digit club and went "wow, this sucks."

It's an amazing car, GM knocked it out of the park, I hope it isn't plagued with "1st-gen" design/engineering issues. Do I regret getting an '18 GT vs a '20 C8? Nope. I'm hoping my father test drives a C8 and decides it's perfect for him in retirement.

You can run a quick search on here, and I've said it many times. The Grand Sport C7 is the biggest bang for the buck out there at the moment, until the C8 hits the streets. I'm still a Mustang guy, but that doesn't mean I can't respect what GM did. Just wish they'd pay back their bailout money.
Honestly not almost everybody will mod it. Most will stay stock. Most on forums will mod it.

blk02edge

Established Member
Because 0-60 is the end all of performance. Let's see repeated lap time. Let's see a human match GM's 0-60
Well thats where the famous TC is going to matter the most... Honestly a 458 interior is probably worse than a 2LT C8 judging from pictures. And lap repeatablility in an italian supercar...? Yiiiikes...

Dusten

Established Member
Well thats where the famous TC is going to matter the most... Honestly a 458 interior is probably worse than a 2LT C8 judging from pictures. And lap repeatablility in an italian supercar...? Yiiiikes...
Ferrari TC is designed for tracks, not launching. And the car only makes 360 ft/lbs
The 458 is at home on a track smashing laps. Jesus, read any of the ferrari boards.
I love the hate for ferrari. You're judging pictures of a not yet produced car, against pictures of a 458, having spend 0 ****ing seat time in either. Seems legit.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
35d25jp.jpg

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
And thats just it right now, both cars are displayed on paper at the moment. Soon enough we will know which will best in respects to cost etc. I will not cancel my GT500 order just because the C8 Vette Z51 pack can do 0-60 under 3 seconds. That should not be the deciding factor within the whole package. And in my view the 2020 GT500 looks badass and aggressive in comparison to an exotic looking Vette.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
And in my view the 2020 GT500 looks badass and aggressive in comparison to an exotic looking Vette.
I'll agree with that!! I think the new Shelby GT500 looks tits! The Corvette is great. A great performer as well, no doubt. But, still not sold on the looks. Especially the rear end and the center console strip of controls.
If I didn't have to jump through loops to get a 2020 GT500, I would have LOVED to order one. (By "loops" I mean the stupid allocation bullcrap and the ADMs.)

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I'll agree with that!! I think the new Shelby GT500 looks tits! The Corvette is great. A great performer as well, no doubt. But, still not sold on the looks. Especially the rear end and the center console strip of controls.
If I didn't have to jump through loops to get a 2020 GT500, I would have LOVED to order one. (By "loops" I mean the stupid allocation bullcrap and the ADMs.)
Yes the ADMs do make things discouraging trust me lol, but I am happy to deal with a forum member and pay the agreed price which is more than fair. No matter if I get the Cf or base, no price hike. So therefore looking at other options is very easy to do and less stressful with regards to financially. But again a Shelby is something special.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ferrari TC is designed for tracks, not launching. And the car only makes 360 ft/lbs
The 458 is at home on a track smashing laps. Jesus, read any of the ferrari boards.
I love the hate for ferrari. You're judging pictures of a not yet produced car, against pictures of a 458, having spend 0 ****ing seat time in either. Seems legit.

Smashing laps, eh?

7D4DADAB-2B57-4DB2-91F1-794D096DDDB0.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread