2020 Corvette Mid-Engine, 0-60 under 3, starts under $60,000.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
The dealer markup can't last too long. Gm will produce too many of them and drive the cost down. Over on Corvette forum there are a lot of c6 and cu owners that really dislike the c8.

Well yeah, this is understandable, the owners of the older ones are gonna take a big hit on resale, LOL. Who the fook is gonna buy a C6 or C7, when for a little more (or maybe same) you can get mid-engine C8???? :p

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Well yeah, this is understandable, the owners of the older ones are gonna take a big hit on resale, LOL. Who the fook is gonna buy a C6 or C7, when for a little more (or maybe same) you can get mid-engine C8???? :p
Uhhh, I'd be looking at the c7 zr1 for sure. Just like when the c7 first came out. The c6 zr1 was still top dog. Also the c7 zr1 can be had in manual. Last manual corvette. Last front engine vette.

Man I'm dyslexic AF, I scrolled up and down 3x, like the ****? Mojo88 and 08mojo, lol

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Why, Z06 is going to be Twin Turbo DOHC.

People are going to be Chevy swapping their GT500's.
giphy.gif

If a GT500 owner wants twin snails, this is the blueprint we would follow:
Under the Hood of the World's Only 300mph, Standing Mile Ford GT

Acehigh1305

The only reason guys are on here getting so defensive is because they KNOW the C8 just sh*t all over whatever car they have. They know they wont be able to beat it on the streets so they are trying to beat it with words before it comes out...lmao

ATX5.0

Established Member
The C8 Corvette looks good and sounds even better on paper. This car is out of my price range but I wouldn’t mind picking up a used c7!

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
The only reason guys are on here getting so defensive is because they KNOW the C8 just sh*t all over whatever car they have. They know they wont be able to beat it on the streets so they are trying to beat it with words before it comes out...lmao
Not true, if the C8 had 100 more HP perhaps. It's not going to have the higher speed pull with that HP level.

Once it gets out the whole it has 40 hp over a base C7.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Am I wrong or is the C8 Z51 basically a non-exotic version of the Ferrari 458? Specs seem similar.

C8: 495 hp, 470 tq, dry weight 3366, 8 speed DCT, e-diff ($65-70k)
458: 562 hp, 398 tq, dry weight 3050, 7 speed DCT, e-diff (STILL selling for $175k+)

Yeah.. I guess you guys are right, the C8 is going to suck!

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member

Defensive? Nah.

I just find any and all discussions about Corvettes hilarious. Everybody talks about "bang for the buck", and "yeah, it's not as fast, but it's so much cheaper", etc.. You know what that sounds like? Ricers.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Defensive? Nah.

I just find any and all discussions about Corvettes hilarious. Everybody talks about "bang for the buck", and "yeah, it's not as fast, but it's so much cheaper", etc.. You know what that sounds like? Ricers.
The thing is we have only gotten a taste of what's to come with the little girl basic chick model. People are not as excited about this Z51 but the Z06/ZR1 to come. Nothing Rice about that.

Last edited:

Dusten

Established Member
Am I wrong or is the C8 Z51 basically a non-exotic version of the Ferrari 458? Specs seem similar.

C8: 495 hp, 470 tq, dry weight 3366, 8 speed DCT, e-diff ($65-70k)
458: 562 hp, 398 tq, dry weight 3050, 7 speed DCT, e-diff (STILL selling for $175k+)

Yeah.. I guess you guys are right, the C8 is going to suck!

Thats not a fair comparison price wise. 300lbs and 70hp is a lot. Not to mention everything that 458 comes with that the vette won't.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
This car is going to hit the streets and mustang owners will be suiciding themselves left and right after they get that ass gapped open by the C8

blk02edge

Established Member
3 mode e diff
Ferraris awesome traction control system
Carbon ceramic brakes standard
Not a GM built interior
Awesome TC system yet still slower to 60 than the Z51 which is on inferior tires. Have you seen a 458 interior? Very very meh. Carbon brakes are the biggest waste of money out there.

Aside from having Ferrari status they are extremely comparable and in reality the nod would go towards the C8 if you take bias away

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I read a review (maybe from Automobile? can't recall) that said they really disliked the interior pics of the C8, but once they saw it in person they really liked it a lot. Great materials and fit and finish. The only thing they disliked were the row of buttons, not how they looked or their placement but they felt cheap compared to the rest of the interior.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Awesome TC system yet still slower to 60 than the Z51 which is on inferior tires. Have you seen a 458 interior? Very very meh. Carbon brakes are the biggest waste of money out there.

Aside from having Ferrari status they are extremely comparable and in reality the nod would go towards the C8 if you take bias away

A buddy of mine has an F430, regarding interior/coachmanship, lol, the interior was definitely low on the list of things Ferrari cared about! Now maybe the 458 is a little nicer inside, but I doubt it’s a huge improvement.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Thats not a fair comparison price wise. 300lbs and 70hp is a lot. Not to mention everything that 458 comes with that the vette won't.

And C8 is up 70 ft lbs and one extra gear. Peak hp and torque is probably a lot lower in the rpms than the 9000 rpm redline Ferrari.

$100k extra you can send your C8 to Caravaggio and to Katech / Vengeance / LMR /etc..

Or is it a more fair comparison with MSRP vs MSRP?
$70k C8 versus $250k+

Users who are viewing this thread