2020 Corvette Mid-Engine, 0-60 under 3, starts under $60,000.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@13COBRA From a Ford dealer's perspective, what does the introduction of this C8 do? Do you (as a dealer) want to see Ford compete in the Corvette segment?

0. Different buyers.

It would be like asking how the release of the newest GTR affected the F-150 market.

Very few people cross shop Corvette and Mustang. Might be more now, but I doubt it.

stvdman

Established Member
2020 GT350R or 2020 Corvette Stingray Z51.

Tough choice, it will come down to PRICE mostly. And I am very afraid the Stingray will win that by a large margin. Its nice to have a direct competitor for the GT350R. Times are GOOD!

Rock20

Established Member
0. Different buyers.

It would be like asking how the release of the newest GTR affected the F-150 market.

Very few people cross shop Corvette and Mustang. Might be more now, but I doubt it.

I always find this statement interesting. I cross shop several performance cars in my budget that I find enjoyable regardless of some marketing persons perspective on class or segment . When I was looking at $40k car's i looked at Mustangs, Camaro's, and previous generation Vettes. For my current car I had 60k to spend so I looked at C7 Z06's, 13-14 GT500's, GT350's, and ZL1's. Ended up with a Z06. Just paid off my Z so I'm very softly in the market again and a Future C8 Z and Current generation GT500 will definitely be on the short list along with a few others. I'd wager quite a few people do the same.

Dusten

Established Member
Never said the GT was over rated. Ford should care, they should make a stamped chassis version of the GT,mass produce it and sell a pile of them for people to actually enjoy. Like GM is going to do with the new C8. Ford had a chance to rival corvette and they didn't jump on the opportunity.
My point was Ford has never made a true 2 seater sports car. In an era where Ford is cancelling cars you think they give a shit about selling a few thousand sports cars? The ROI isn't there. It's a stupid business move.

blk02edge

Established Member
I always find this statement interesting. I cross shop several performance cars in my budget that I find enjoyable regardless of some marketing persons perspective on class or segment . When I was looking at $40k car's i looked at Mustangs, Camaro's, and previous generation Vettes. For my current car I had 60k to spend so I looked at C7 Z06's, 13-14 GT500's, GT350's, and ZL1's. Ended up with a Z06. Just paid off my Z so I'm very softly in the market again and a Future C8 Z and Current generation GT500 will definitely be on the short list along with a few others. I'd wager quite a few people do the same.
Hell I know a guy who was cross shopping Audi R8, the entire mclaren range and a 1960's Bizzarini. I likely would have never bought a corvette and gone with a gt350 but not any more.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
0. Different buyers.

Probably a lot more than you think.

I have crossed shoped vette and mustang...

Back in the day, I cross shopped 03/04 Cobra vs 03/04 Z06... went with the Z06.

After that I cross shopped C6Z vs Camaro SS 1LE vs Shelby vs 03/04 Cobra. The Camaro won that round.

Not too long ago cross shopped 13/14 Shelby vs a C7, ended up with the Shelby.

A lot of guys do...

Last edited:

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Base gets 495hp, the difference is the tire. Base tire is a weak all season. Even the Z51 tire is just a pilot sport 4s, throw a set of cup 2's on a base and itll be a very strong runner. Also, the Z51 package wont be 10k. Dont forget this is a corvette, pretty standard 5k discounts so likely the Z51 will be sold in the low 60's
No if you hit the info icon when selecting the Z51 package it states its a different exhaust and much more to achieve 495hp. SO therefore yes it will be more than a $5k option imo

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Z51 option to achieve full hp and 0-60 under 3 sec...
  • Michelin® PS4 Performance 3 Season tires†
  • Standard FE3 Performance Suspension
  • Available FE4 Suspension with Magnetic Ride Control™
  • Larger 345 mm front and 350 mm rear brake rotors
  • Extra cooling with additional rear-mounted third radiator
  • Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
  • Larger rear spoiler provides up to 400 lbs. of downforce
  • Performance exhaust results in 495 HP

It also includes a lot of carbon pieces so I highly doubt it will cost $5k

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Probably a lot more than you think.

I have crossed shoped vette and mustang...

Back in the day, I cross shopped 03/04 Cobra vs 03/04 Z06... went with the Z06.

After that I cross shopped C6Z vs Camaro SS 1LE vs Shelby vs 03/04 Cobra. The Camaro won that round.

Not too long ago cross shopped 13/14 Shelby vs a C7, ended up with the Shelby.

A lot of guys do...

Members of this forum are in the minority. They are "enthusiasts". We (collectively) purchase vehicles to do a specific job, not based on their nameplate.

The VAST majority of consumers buy the nameplate. I can't tell you the last time I heard someone come shop for a Mustang while comparing it to a Corvette. Camaro and Challenger, yes, Corvette, no.

blk02edge

Established Member
Z51 option to achieve full hp and 0-60 under 3 sec...
  • Michelin® PS4 Performance 3 Season tires†
  • Standard FE3 Performance Suspension
  • Available FE4 Suspension with Magnetic Ride Control™
  • Larger 345 mm front and 350 mm rear brake rotors
  • Extra cooling with additional rear-mounted third radiator
  • Electronic Limited-Slip Differential
  • Larger rear spoiler provides up to 400 lbs. of downforce
  • Performance exhaust results in 495 HP

It also includes a lot of carbon pieces so I highly doubt it will cost $5k
Everywhere I read says the base comes with 495HP

blk02edge

Established Member
It is not, and someone posted up on another forum Chevy reps did confirm this. So I can see the Z51 added option will start around $70k give or take.
I did my googling... How about you post a link proving all the big magazines wrong. Until you can, the base is 495hp.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I did my googling... How about you post a link proving all the big magazines wrong. Until you can, the base is 495hp.
Dude, what I quoted was straight from chevys website in the visual builder. How about you go there yourself and did what I did. Relying on big magazines lol, the car is not even out yet, if anyone knows it is Chevy them selves right now.

Rock20

Established Member
Dude, what I quoted was straight from chevys website in the visual builder. How about you go there yourself and did what I did. Relying on big magazines lol, the car is not even out yet, if anyone knows it is Chevy them selves right now.

The base comes with 495 470 direct from Chevy's website. Doesn't say anything about it being a Z51 option.

Horsepower and Torque
The 2020 Corvette delivers 495 horsepower† and 470 lb.-ft. of torque† making it the most powerful production Stingray ever.

2020-corvette-reveal-performance-02.jpg

HORSEPOWER

2020-corvette-reveal-performance-03.jpg

TORQUE
470 lb.-ft.

blk02edge

Established Member
Google included the Chevrolet website, it says absolutely nothing about any corvette less than 495hp. In the unveiling they said the corvette starts at 495hp when talking about the new 6.2.. I dont know what to tell ya, a "performance exhaust" doesnt really do anything on these modern cars anymore, the thing has fancy ass headers straight from the get go.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Why they put that in the Z51 package is odd, "Performance exhaust results in 495 HP" This makes more sense along with all the other features it comes with. Not here to argue but like I said Chevy already cleared this up as being truth. Why the main website shows this have no idea.

Dusten

Established Member
Everywhere I read says the base comes with 495HP
Jay Leno did a review. There chevy engineer even states it

Go to :55

He States that power is made with the performance exhaust.

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
Jay Leno did a review. There chevy engineer even states it

Go to :55

He States that power is made with the performance exhaust.
And thanks for that backup of proof. There it is. But again we maybe talking 10-15hp difference.

Users who are viewing this thread