evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Saw this cruising YouTube. Should be interesting...dude paid $48k

Saleenrose

Established Member
I would think he should have spent a little of that money on a better trailer. I wouldn't mind having a parts car for motor and transmission. Not interested in 48 grand for a car someone could not drive.

eagle eye

Established Member
He'll have as much into this car to make it road worthy than what a used CFTP would cost him. And he still will be stuck with a salvage title.
It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
And he has to hope that motor isn’t jacked

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

My94GT

Established Member
As someone that runs a collision repair shop for a living, I can’t even fathom fixing this at cost. Massive structural damage along with parts costs but hey it’ll get YouTube views. I look forward to seeing the hack work that goes into fixing this likely improperly.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yup, if it’s anything like the past “rebuilds”. Tax write off for a loss plus youtube views, ?????, profit!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This one is all about the YT views. But as so many have already said, in the end he is stuck with a car that has a salvage title. He'd better get a ton of views. If not, his "enthusiasm" is going to quickly wane.

tampasnake

Established Member
I'll say his purchase worked in grabbing my interest. I subscribed to his channel. I'll follow along on the build.

Every weekend around the Tampa area there are a lot of car meetups I try to attend the ones I can. An interesting thing I notice is people under the age of 25 are very big "car" enthusiasts but have a much different perspective on cars than even my generation. I just turned 40 now ah. Cletus McFarland has capitalized on the younger generation. I hope they don't try to put the car back to original form but take the cool features and add their own frankenstein/race car style to it.

LostM

Established Member
i like the idea. if it can be done for cheaper, not a bad way for a purpose built race car, of either type of racing. however, sit tight, as all the gt500 parts are still on back order

sdleo26

Established Member
I'll say his purchase worked in grabbing my interest. I subscribed to his channel. I'll follow along on the build.

Every weekend around the Tampa area there are a lot of car meetups I try to attend the ones I can. An interesting thing I notice is people under the age of 25 are very big "car" enthusiasts but have a much different perspective on cars than even my generation. I just turned 40 now ah. Cletus McFarland has capitalized on the younger generation. I hope they don't try to put the car back to original form but take the cool features and add their own frankenstein/race car style to it.

Same here ... it will be interesting how the car comes out ... can’t wait until he cuts that quarter off and try’s to straighten up the front ... the frame is mangled

LuuisHernandez

Established Member
I’m sure he knows the money isnt in the resale. He’ll make his money off YouTube.

Users who are viewing this thread