2020 Audi A6

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
2020 Audi A6

Glacier white metallic

Pearl beige interior

765 miles

Client of mine traded in her older Audi that I did a while back on this brandy new one! It’s very nice!

Paint was in decent shape defect wise, but it was covered in contaminants. Paint was rough to the touch and you could hear that ‘sandpaper’ sound when running your hand over it. I ferrous decon’d it, clayed it twice with medium clay mitt and it still had rough patches.

I had to use some McKee’s37 coating prep polish to get the surface as contaminant free and ‘smooth’ as possible. It worked great: white pads were getting very dirty from pulling/removing whatever was on the surface off.

The ‘details’:

Adam’s tire and rubber cleaner.

Adam’s wheel cleaner.

Misc. wheel brushes.

Sealed wheels/calipers with water activated sealant.

McKee’s 37 Iron remover.

Adam’s car shampoo.

Master Blaster to dry.

DeFelsko PTG.

Scangrip and GYEON lighting.

Griot’s G9 polisher w/5” backing plate-Lonnie I used this just for you!

Misc. foam pads.

Griot’s correcting cream.

McKee’s 37 coating prep polish.

Misc. MF towels.

McKee’s high gloss tire dressing.

Adam’s glass cleaner.

Metro vacuum.

McKee’s 37 quick interior detailer.

GYEON leather shield.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_0322-XL.jpg

IMG_0324-XL.jpg

IMG_0325-XL.jpg

IMG_0327-XL.jpg

IMG_0329-XL.jpg

IMG_0330-XL.jpg

IMG_0333-XL.jpg

IMG_0337-XL.jpg

IMG_0339-XL.jpg

IMG_0346-XL.jpg

IMG_0347-XL.jpg

IMG_0348-XL.jpg

IMG_0349-XL.jpg

IMG_0350-XL.jpg

IMG_0353-XL.jpg

Last edited:

M91196

Established Member
Awesome as usual

Couple questions-

Sealant you used on the wheels one of the Si02 spritz on blast off with water products similar to car pro hydro 2?

Why the extreme iron falllout?

Do some paint types/OEMs/ tinted or non tinted clear coats shed fallout differently?

Thanks!

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
^^^Thank you!

Yes, I use McKee's37 Hydro Blue, Car Pro Hydro 2 and am now testing out a new one.

I think this sat on the lot for a while before being sold. Also depends on how they ship it, Audi is usually very good, they ship in a zippered bag basically so the whole car is covered. It also could have sat at the rail yard for some time before being shipped out. Just my guesses.

As far as different paint types/manufactures, as far as fallout goes, they are all pretty much the same--if it gets contaminated it is 'in' the paint and it really won't shed it off. It will need to be chemically and mechanically removed.

Hope that answered your questions!

Scott

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Outstanding job! Audi makes great cars, but even the best ones can get "contaminated". I'm sure your client was very pleased when she picked it up.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Thanks Bob, yep, she was happy!

oldstv: I'll go out on a limb and say most every vehicle could benefit from a good chemical and mechanical decon. (iron/ferrous-chemical, and clay-mechanical)

You can clay and then do the 'baggie test' and see if the surface still feels rough, that could be an indication that it would benefit.

Also, some people have actual 'rust specs' in the paint surface, only way to remove is by ferrous/iron decon'ing.

Hope this helps!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Amazing Scott.

Somehow you figured out how to make white POP!

Nicely done.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Looks great!

You would have been appalled at the state my wife's fiesta was in until the other day.

It really needs an iron treatment still and another round of clay but it's so much better than it was before. It has a date with the DA and a proper coating soon, just need it to start cooling off here a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread