2020 500 already broken?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What oil? Doesn't the car come off the truck with everything you need to rip around in, including gas and oil?
Guess you havent boughten a new car. Almost every vehicle i bought new had to have some type of fluid added. But apparently buyers that spend 100k dont check fluids before leaving the dealership

paluka21

Established Member
Guess you havent boughten a new car. Almost every vehicle i bought new had to have some type of fluid added. But apparently buyers that spend 100k dont check fluids before leaving the dealership
Are you serious? I sure wasn't.

Take a look at my signature for new cars.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Part of PDI for the dealer is to make sure the car has fluids. Mistakes happen all the time, and they happen to every brand, regardless of how much you spend.

Meh.

This illustrates the problems with blue-collar companies producing white-collar cars. Do you ever see videos of Porsche, Mercedes, BMWs rolling off the lots with knocking rods?

The same service tech that PDI's the $19k v6 rental mustang is the same guy PDI'ing the $105k GT500.

Rods knocking off the delivery truck is absolutely not acceptable, yet no one will be held accountable because "mistakes happen!"

Kevinbonds

Established Member
Meh.

This illustrates the problems with blue-collar companies producing white-collar cars. Do you ever see videos of Porsche, Mercedes, BMWs rolling off the lots with knocking rods?

The same service tech that PDI's the $19k v6 rental mustang is the same guy PDI'ing the $105k GT500.

Rods knocking off the delivery truck is absolutely not acceptable, yet no one will be held accountable because "mistakes happen!"

If you start searching youtube, and browse other forms for exotics, this stuff is not uncommon at all. Porsche has had issues, and plenty of lemons and buybacks as an example. Recently several hundred thousand Cayenne and Panameras were recalled for transmission issues.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
If you start searching youtube, and browse other forms for exotics, this stuff is not uncommon at all. Porsche has had issues, and plenty of lemons and buybacks as an example. Recently several hundred thousand Cayenne and Panameras were recalled for transmission issues.

That wouldnt be caught in a PDI.

I understand every brand has mechanical issues.. im not refuting that at all.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Meh.

LOL. Yes, it happens so frequently at BMW it's not even funny. I'm sure it happens at Porsche and Mercedes as well, but I don't know anyone who works for either company so I don't get to hear nightmares about them.

I'll check my phone to see if I still have pictures, but there was a 5 series at the dealership my wife worked at that shipped with mismatched door handles. That wasn't uncommon either, you'd get straight up different mirrors installed on cars from left to right as well.

Ask anyone who works in service how many issues new cars come with that were caught during PDI or by the customer. I had my fair share at Honda.

One of my best friends is the director at a Land Rover dealership, they literally had a $150k Range Rover SVR that somehow was shipped without the infotainment being loaded and for whatever reason their software couldn't get it to load on the car. It sat for 3 weeks while Land Rover came up with a solution.

It's why PDI exists with every single car manufacturer, because shit happens.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Meh.

One thing you are incorrect about. The white collar cars has the same issues. No different. You just dont know about them.

Kevinbonds

Established Member
That wouldnt be caught in a PDI.

I understand every brand has mechanical issues.. im not refuting that at all.

several years ago, I made the mistake of buying an Audi. It was a 4 door Audi S4. From the day I took it home from the dealer I had issues. The clutch was slipping at 100 miles, and the car was shipped with defective tires. Car was delivered with a warped flywheel and cupped tires. Audi made me pay half the cost of new tires. Even after the new tires I had a shimmy in the steering wheel at 50-7MPh. That was my one and only experience with a Euro car, been all ford since then and never had a single issue.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
several years ago, I made the mistake of buying an Audi. It was a 4 door Audi S4. From the day I took it home from the dealer I had issues. The clutch was slipping at 100 miles, and the car was shipped with defective tires. Car was delivered with a warped flywheel and cupped tires. Audi made me pay half the cost of new tires. Even after the new tires I had a shimmy in the steering wheel at 50-7MPh. That was my one and only experience with a Euro car, been all ford since then and never had a single issue.

Again... not disputing all manufacturers have issues.

You are both missing the point... all good.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I have never seen or heard of a car coming with rod knock, like the video, straight from the factory.

Mismatching handles or missing infotainments, different story.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
F914DECA-DBBC-4FB1-821B-E10E87A1B4BC.jpeg

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I have never seen or heard of a car coming with rod knock, like the video, straight from the factory.

Mismatching handles or missing infotainments, different story.
When the 340 first came out with the B58, if it had a manual, they had to replace the engines as soon as they hit the lot.

Same thing with the N55, but that was pretty much only in the X5s.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member

Yea this video is on a FB group I'm on, and I dunno something doesn't seem right. According the description that was on the video when it was posted on FB, the car has 4 miles on it and it's at a 2nd "dealer". But that in itself, doesn't make sense to me. Only 4 miles would indicate to me that it was never even started at the first dealer? I just find it hard to believe that it wasn't started at least once. And why would it be at a 2nd dealer unless it really was somehow never started, put on a trailer, and then brought to the 2nd dealer. Something seems fishy. I wouldn't be surprised if this car got the shit beat out of it first. Could be wrong, who knows lol.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Dont get me wrong the new GT500 is a bit appealing, but seems like multiple problems for several new owners who have posted so far. Makes me love my 13 all the more.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Dont get me wrong the new GT500 is a bit appealing, but seems like multiple problems for several new owners who have posted so far. Makes me love my 13 all the more.

Aside from the 2 videos in this thread....which are cloudy at best with details, what problems have you seen? Curious because as an owner of a 2020, and of a 2013, I'm not seeing any issues with my 2020 so far.

2013 had it's share of issues too. The rear end whine/thunk issue. Many people reported clutches going very early on, there were some strange Sync issues at times, etc. You are always going to have some issues with a first year run car IMO, but to date, I personally haven't seen or read of any issues widespread enough to be of concern.

Chancey

Auto Affection
Established Member
Aside from the 2 videos in this thread....which are cloudy at best with details, what problems have you seen? Curious because as an owner of a 2020, and of a 2013, I'm not seeing any issues with my 2020 so far.

2013 had it's share of issues too. The rear end whine/thunk issue. Many people reported clutches going very early on, there were some strange Sync issues at times, etc. You are always going to have some issues with a first year run car IMO, but to date, I personally haven't seen or read of any issues widespread enough to be of concern.
That kid speed phenom’s went into failsafe mode with overheated clutch or something and Another video the check engine light came on. Unsure why. Im not trashing it, dont get me wrong either, my rear end whines ever since the drag radials and my trans shifter used to tap/knock in mine before I installed the MGW shifter too. But I did buy it used with 5,800 miles. Now since modding it a bit, I absolutely love it. Its a daily too. And as stated by others, stuff happens with all makes and models. But for the money a brand new one that has any issues (even if only check engine light error and fixed by warranty) would scare me to death if I had one! All of that being said, Im a bit jealous you have both and hope yours rolls strong forever!

C0bra99

Established Member
That kid speed phenom’s went into failsafe mode with overheated clutch or something and Another video the check engine light came on. Unsure why. Im not trashing it, dont get me wrong either, my rear end whines ever since the drag radials and my trans shifter used to tap/knock in mine before I installed the MGW shifter too. But I did buy it used with 5,800 miles. Now since modding it a bit, I absolutely love it. Its a daily too. And as stated by others, stuff happens with all makes and models. But for the money a brand new one that has any issues (even if only check engine light error and fixed by warranty) would scare me to death if I had one! All of that being said, Im a bit jealous you have both and hope yours rolls strong forever!
I also own a '13 500 but I'm not going to come in here bashing a car to prop it up.

SP clutch issue was because of user error doing a John Force burn out.

The DB from REC was bagging onthe car before it was even broken in.

The third issue not enough info yet.

Users who are viewing this thread