2020/21 GT500 ??

ADL

Established Member
Hello. My name is Adam. I currently have a 2010 GT500 with a fair amount of mods and making 690whp on 93 octane. So far, the car has been bomb-proof. No problems.

I've looked at MANY YouTube vids and read articles about the 2020 GT500. BUT, I'd like to get some feedback from owners here where I'm sure I'll get the best info on this car... good, bad, or ugly.

Besides not having a manual trans, did Ford get it right with this car?? Not very confident in what Ford did with the GT350 re. reliability and engine issues.

I'd appreciate any/all feedback. Thank you.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
Hello. My name is Adam. I currently have a 2010 GT500 with a fair amount of mods and making 690whp on 93 octane. So far, the car has been bomb-proof. No problems.

I've looked at MANY YouTube vids and read articles about the 2020 GT500. BUT, I'd like to get some feedback from owners here where I'm sure I'll get the best info on this car... good, bad, or ugly.

Besides not having a manual trans, did Ford get it right with this car?? Not very confident in what Ford did with the GT350 re. reliability and engine issues.

Most reviews ive seen have been positive. Ive heard they're more refined and smooth than the 350/R and lack some of the character those cars have, which I'm guessing is the difference between the DCT and Manual.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Not sure about GT500 but my experiences with the GT350's has been nothing but good. The fit and finish does lack compared to prior S197. I was very surprised how trunk just does not fit, the sound is not even close to deep tone of GT500, my biggest complaint. The drive train is and for the 5 of use open tracking them, bullet proof. I started tracking mine at 300 miles, WOT, no babying, as hard as it will go. Not a bit of oil use. I think things happen, cars break. They can be fixed. Might have been a little blown out of proportion about amount of engine troubles. Try a C6 Z06 Corvette, see how those stand up. Good luck, I think it will be a great car.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Not sure about GT500 but my experiences with the GT350's has been nothing but good. The fit and finish does lack compared to prior S197. I was very surprised how trunk just does not fit, the sound is not even close to deep tone of GT500, my biggest complaint. The drive train is and for the 5 of use open tracking them, bullet proof. I started tracking mine at 300 miles, WOT, no babying, as hard as it will go. Not a bit of oil use. I think things happen, cars break. They can be fixed. Might have been a little blown out of proportion about amount of engine troubles. Try a C6 Z06 Corvette, see how those stand up. Good luck, I think it will be a great car.
You don’t like the sound of the 350FPC?

Saleenrose

Established Member
No, very load, very. Shrill, scream, whatever you want to call it. Only thing I hate. I have looked for mufflers and everyone says makes loader, WTF, its load. I have always had V8's with exhaust but when you have a car that doesnt make power until around 4500rpm's I really don't want everyone in a 3 mile radius to know I"m now speeding.

Imatk

Established Member
I'm sure in this forum you'll get "the 500 is better get it!"

In the 350 forum you'll get " the 350 is better get it!"

Comes down to 2 things IMHO...
Do you want a stick? -- Yes -- get the 350
Can you afford the cost of a GT500 without a stick because you don't care about a stick? -- Yes -- Get the GT500

A GT350 can be had for less than half the price of a new 500 if you're looking at the used market. And even new you're talking about a good 50k or so depending.

If I had unlimited funds and didn't care about a stick, I'd get a 500.

As it stands, for ME, I would go for the 350 if I were looking at a newer Mustang... OR a Bullitt. The only thing that would discourage me from the Bullitt is the damn Getrag trans.

07 Black Beauty

Established Member

As far as reliability goes on the 350's my 18R has been my daily driver for 2 years with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread