2019 Hellcat Challenger 'Drag Pack'

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
that would be cool if they put the bigger blower from the demon on the drag pack.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Almost sounds like their planning to ditch the Demon and make the Hellcat the go-to car.

Man the Hellcat is gonna be tough to beat if one can have the one-off benefits of the Demon on their new Hellcat.

Be nice of it dropped a few lbs as well.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
Almost sounds like their planning to ditch the Demon and make the Hellcat the go-to car.

Man the Hellcat is gonna be tough to beat if one can have the one-off benefits of the Demon on their new Hellcat.

Agreed...regarding weight- my gut tells me (however reliable that is) that sooner than later we are going to see manufacturers making their cars faster by lightening them up instead of adding more horsepower and torque. sure, it's awesome to talk about huge HP and T numbers, but at the end of the day, my limited knowledge of automotive engineering still tends to think there is a point of diminishing returns- more HP and T seems to continually require major changes in chassis, suspension, etc. which just jacks up costs to make it useable on the street for consumers. Lightening things up probably has its challenges too (more expensive carbon fiber parts, etc.) but something's gotta give.

Coiled03

Established Member
Agreed...regarding weight- my gut tells me (however reliable that is) that sooner than later we are going to see manufacturers making their cars faster by lightening them up instead of adding more horsepower and torque. sure, it's awesome to talk about huge HP and T numbers, but at the end of the day, my limited knowledge of automotive engineering still tends to think there is a point of diminishing returns- more HP and T seems to continually require major changes in chassis, suspension, etc. which just jacks up costs to make it useable on the street for consumers. Lightening things up probably has its challenges too (more expensive carbon fiber parts, etc.) but something's gotta give.

They're getting heavier mostly due to safety regulations, and the customers' demand for creature comforts requiring electronics, etc. The HP, and TQ have little to do with it.

Gr8fulmtnbiker

Established Member
They're getting heavier mostly due to safety regulations, and the customers' demand for creature comforts requiring electronics, etc. The HP, and TQ have little to do with it.

I agree cars are getting heavier and the reasons for that, but do not understand your comment that "the HP and TQ have little to do with it" - what is the 'it'? my point was just that i have to think there is going to be a point where adding HP and TQ is no longer feasible for a regular street car that is not a super hyper sports car that also knows how to lighten itself so it can actually be used (be it because of regulations, inability for it to be used, etc......)...it feels like more HP and TQ are needed for two things lately- moving heavy bodies and speed.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I agree cars are getting heavier and the reasons for that, but do not understand your comment that "the HP and TQ have little to do with it" - what is the 'it'? my point was just that i have to think there is going to be a point where adding HP and TQ is no longer feasible for a regular street car that is not a super hyper sports car that also knows how to lighten itself so it can actually be used (be it because of regulations, inability for it to be used, etc......)...it feels like more HP and TQ are needed for two things lately- moving heavy bodies and speed.
Miata is always the answer :D

R1Lello

Established Member
Up here, h/c widebody anywhere from $95k to one listed at $103k Canadian in autotrader - yikes!! (List price) Due to current model year -no rebates/discounts yet on the widebody. REg can be had for about $75k-$82k Canadian plus our gouge tax of 13%

Never_Enough

Established Member
Up here, h/c widebody anywhere from $95k to one listed at $103k Canadian in autotrader - yikes!! (List price) Due to current model year -no rebates/discounts yet on the widebody. REg can be had for about $75k-$82k Canadian plus our gouge tax of 13%
@ that price, just buy a Demon.

Coiled03

Established Member

I thought you were saying weight in cars is increasing to offset HP and TQ by strengthening the chassis.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member

Demon is only a 1 year production car.

Users who are viewing this thread