• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

2019+ Ford Ranger FX4 Review | Way Better Than Expected

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Jan 30, 2020.

1. conceptmachine

conceptmachine Well-Known Member Established Member

Couldn't stomach the look of the ranger or. 4 cylinder EB in a truck. Went out and got a TRD pro instead. I liked the powertrain of the last gen better. I'll be getting rid of it for something new or older used if the bronco has nothing but a 4 cylinder. I'd prefer an electric with lots of torque over a 4 or 6 cylinder, as long as it doesnt weigh a shitload and can get me 250+ miles on a charge.

2. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

Nice article, videos and photos. There's a lot to like about the Ranger, just not the higher than expected price. It just doesn't come near looking like a $45K truck on the interior.

me32 likes this.
  3. DougNuts

DougNuts '18 F150 Established Member

I have been a fan of the new Ranger since January of 2018 when the press vehicles were shown. I realized that it probably wouldn't be a huge departure from the Tacoma in size and economy, so I went out and bought an F-150. Two years later, I'm still a fan of the Ranger, but I have no regrets. The 3.5TT and 10 speed make for a great truck with phenomenal fuel economy.

It may not be a popular opinion, but I think if I needed a 4-door mid-size truck, I'd get a 2019 Ridgeline. If the lower trims of the Ridgeline had the content in 2017/8 that they do now, I likely would have saved $10k and picked up an RTL. With all that said, it looks like the 2020 Ridgeline received some more standard items, but price increases to match.

914630.png
    48733914068_317d6a7420.jpg

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  4. 94Gt5.0

94Gt5.0 Allgo5oh Established Member

I came from a 6.2 SuperDuty, went to a 2.7EB F150, and now have a Ranger and couldn't be happier. Love just about everything about the truck! Here and there I still get big-truck syndrome and find myself looking at the new Tremor lol, but realistically a Ranger is all I really need. I have the XLT with cloth seats and haven't found them to be uncomfortable at all, not sure about the Lariats.. I didn't think the Lariat had enough to justify the price hike, the XLT Sport package is just about perfectly equipped. Gonna be tuning mine once the weather breaks, looking forward to a 13 second daily truck that'll tow the boat and be faster than my full bolt on Fiesta ST was LOL.

DougNuts likes this.