2019 Ford Explorer Sport

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
2019 Ford Explorer Sport
Star white w/Ebony interior

1337 miles
3.5 liter ecoboost 365HP/350TQ

This is a new client of mine. They just purchased this as a replacement for their King Ranch F150. Ford has done a very good job on their new lineup. Looks, interior, powerplant/powertrain, all very good.
This Explorer had the usual minor marring and swirls from the dealer as expected. It received a minor paint correction and a glass/ceramic coating.

The ‘details’:

Adam’s shampoo.
Clayed with Griot’s medium mitt.
Adam’s tire and rubber cleaner.
McKee’s 37 Hydro Blue to seal the wheels.
Master Blaster to dry.
Scangrip lighting.
Defelsko PTG.
Misc. mitts, brushes, etc.
Flex XFE15.
Rupes yellow pads.
Griot’s perfecting cream.
Optimum panel wipe.
22ple Mistico Elemento Forte.
HD dress for tire dressing.
McKee’s37 glass cleaner.
Metro vacuum.
McKee’s37 quick interior detailer.
GYEON Leather coat.

Thank you for looking!

DSCN2798-XL.jpg

DSCN2799-XL.jpg

DSCN2800-XL.jpg

DSCN2801-XL.jpg

DSCN2802-XL.jpg

DSCN2803-XL.jpg

DSCN2805-XL.jpg

DSCN2808-XL.jpg

DSCN2809-XL.jpg

DSCN2810-XL.jpg

DSCN2811-XL.jpg

DSCN2812-XL.jpg

50/50 of trim being coated:

DSCN2813-XL.jpg

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Good work.

A bit surprised to see that the roof rack plastic trim was still attached properly!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And....ANOTHER quality, well done detailing job, Scott. That color scheme reminds me of my old '16 Edge Sport.

randys14

Established Member
How much does something like this cost just for exterior? Was this explorer ceramic coated?

Just asking because we have a 2017 Explorer Platinum with 15,000 miles on it and I am wondering what it would cost to get a detail/ceramic coat

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using the svtperformance.com mobile app

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
It was coated, yes.

Correction and coating jobs vary with the area you are in. I've seen some geographic areas commanding $2000.00 and some as low as $600.00.
Do some research on some local detailers in your area; reviews, what products they use, etc, go visit them to see how their shop looks/feels/operates and get some quotes.

Ceramic/glass coatings are amazing and have many positives. Ease of maintenance, self cleaning properties, hydrophobics, UV and other fallout/contaminant resistant, etc.

Hope this helps!

Scott

randys14

Established Member
It was coated, yes.

Correction and coating jobs vary with the area you are in. I've seen some geographic areas commanding $2000.00 and some as low as $600.00.
Do some research on some local detailers in your area; reviews, what products they use, etc, go visit them to see how their shop looks/feels/operates and get some quotes.

Ceramic/glass coatings are amazing and have many positives. Ease of maintenance, self cleaning properties, hydrophobics, UV and other fallout/contaminant resistant, etc.

Hope this helps!

Scott
How long do these ceramic coatings normally last? Is this something the needs to be done once a year?

crazycarlo

Established Member
Great job man. We have a 2019 Base Explorer and so far so good. The misses wanted 3rd row seating. I really like these vehicles.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
How long do these ceramic coatings normally last? Is this something the needs to be done once a year?

It would depend on the coating used and your maintenance regiment. Most are good for 2-5 years. Longest I've tested one for is 3 years and it is still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread