2019 FiST first gear vibe?

ArabianOak

Established Member
Hello Everyone,

My son just bought a 2019 FiST with 2000 miles. I've driven it a few times and I noticed that first gear is much more vibey than the other gears...it seems like the shifter moves and vibes a lot more in first gear than others. It doesn't do it all the time, it doesn't pop out of gear and it shifts great.

I called the dealer this morning but they cant get the car in for a week! Before scheduling the appt I wanted to inquire if this was normal?

We also plan to cobb tune the car later in the week and if it is not normal than we will wait to tune it before having the dealer inspect.

Please let me know. Car is awesome!
FistE63.jpg

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I’ve heard nothing. What did you find out?
Hello Everyone,

My son just bought a 2019 FiST with 2000 miles. I've driven it a few times and I noticed that first gear is much more vibey than the other gears...it seems like the shifter moves and vibes a lot more in first gear than others. It doesn't do it all the time, it doesn't pop out of gear and it shifts great.

I called the dealer this morning but they cant get the car in for a week! Before scheduling the appt I wanted to inquire if this was normal?

We also plan to cobb tune the car later in the week and if it is not normal than we will wait to tune it before having the dealer inspect.

Please let me know. Car is awesome!
View attachment 1596986

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Solid upper and lower motor mounts might do the trick. You should be getting vibration in all gears. ;)

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'd start with the lower motor mount especially since it's bolted to the trans. Big fan of the CP-e stage 1. Tried Cobb and Boomba as well. Cobb's broke (chalking it up as a fluke since their stuff is typically pretty nice) and Boomba's caused too much NVH.
As far as the Cobb tune, let her eat! Our car has the complete Cobb stage 3 kit on it now (catted DP) with their OTS tune for 93oct. Threw it on the rollers so we could see what she made and so my tuner (Cobb pro tuner) could ensure everything looked good. He said it all checked out great and if we were to have him tune it, he'd probably get it to 300fwtq, but what's the point when it can't put down the 270 confidently until ~40mph on street tires.

Users who are viewing this thread