2018 updated F150

Stateguy

Established Member

New engines and 10speeds across the board except base v6. I like the new power trains but not a fan of the new look.

sknapp302

Established Member
Nice, if the F150s 5.0 engines are getting direct injection I guess we can assume that the mustang will have it too!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Overall, after seeing more photos I found with Google, I like the design changes with the 2018 F-150. The powertrain line-up and 10-speed transmission across the board (except the V6 as you noted) is good news. And I see that Ford used the same design cues on both the tail and the grill. On some models the front end looks a bit busy and overdone. As a Ford customer, I hope the changes translate into increased sales for Ford.

snakecharmer

Established Member
Can't wait to hear all the numbers for HP and mileage when they release them. I love my 2015, this is just making it even better.

Gravik

Established Member
Want. Just hate that you have to spend 50k to get one with leather interior.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Let's hope they get the door latch issues resolved.
A lot of the guys/gals on f150 forum seem to have issues with the door latches when it gets cold out. The doors will either not close or open.
Could be a safety issue. Some are filing complaints with the NHSTA.

ctgreddy

Established Member
I love the new changes honestly. And the raptor looks so bad ass.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Interesting the 5.0 is getting the dual injection.

Some notes:
-I am not understanding the 2.7. With a power bump, it will be infringing on the 3.5. Maybe the 3.5 will be phased out?
-Ford tested a 4.4L diesel during the same time the 3.5 Eco was being tested. They then said diesel in a f150 was too much money for the consumer and canned it (however Wikipedia says this engine is used in range rovers) now they are bringing a European v6 diesel over? I don't understand this, especially with diesel emissions and the ecos will pull better still as power will be not large on this engine I assume. So you can have lower cost to own/maintain with a eco, pull loads better and have a lot more horsepower.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Interesting the 5.0 is getting the dual injection.

Some notes:
-I am not understanding the 2.7. With a power bump, it will be infringing on the 3.5. Maybe the 3.5 will be phased out?
-Ford tested a 4.4L diesel during the same time the 3.5 Eco was being tested. They then said diesel in a f150 was too much money for the consumer and canned it (however Wikipedia says this engine is used in range rovers) now they are bringing a European v6 diesel over? I don't understand this, especially with diesel emissions and the ecos will pull better still as power will be not large on this engine I assume. So you can have lower cost to own/maintain with a eco, pull loads better and have a lot more horsepower.

A lot of your questions are answered in the link I posted above.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I LOVE the new look and will most likely trade my '15 for an '18. I drove a '17 3.5 EB with the 10 speed and all I can say is WOW. The shifting is MUCH smoother than the 6 speed in my truck and the acceleration is NOTICEABLY more responsive in all driving modes. The new styling just adds to the awesomeness IMO. I'll definitely be getting one.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
that red one looks like it has big old clown lips. imagine that truck in white with the grill in red lol

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Looks like quite a few big changes, I have heard nothing but good things so far about the 10 speed.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
I LOVE the new look and will most likely trade my '15 for an '18. I drove a '17 3.5 EB with the 10 speed and all I can say is WOW. The shifting is MUCH smoother than the 6 speed in my truck and the acceleration is NOTICEABLY more responsive in all driving modes. The new styling just adds to the awesomeness IMO. I'll definitely be getting one.

trading in the old model for the new one...in this case i say do it

considering an 18 2.7 myself

Users who are viewing this thread