2018 Twin turbo build

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome stuff bro! I like it.
Good for you doing all your own work too. I'll be honest, I couldn't do all that. lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome stuff bro! I like it.
Good for you doing all your own work too. I'll be honest, I couldn't do all that. lol

Thanks Tony, and I’m sure you could.

I really enjoy it. Spent 20 hours in the garage last 3-4 days lol.

Wife did NOT approve.

She’ll get over it!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Very impressive build. That thing is gonna make some great numbers.

I hope so and thanks.

This is pretty damn cool. Specially since all done in-house. Your boys must be proud.

Cant wait for the race footage.

Thanks mang! My older son is addicted. Plays Forza 3/4 on the Xbox and tells me about his 1500 hp gt500 every day lol. It’s a good time having boys, for sure.

Definitely gonna get some footage. Local roll race event coming up in Feb I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I've shimmed or cut waste gate springs to get to target boost.

Are the stock muffs straight through?

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I have a bunch more springs to mess with. I think i'll add another soft one to each gate and see what that does. I can always turn up the boost controller some, but i definitely need more off the gates so I'll add a spring on each to start.

Not sure on the mufflers tbh... doubtful though?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I tuned my turbo cars to have a manageable street boost/power level on spring alone, then let the controller take me to crazy levels for track/dyno fun.
Keep truckin’ buddy!
-J

MG0h3

Established Member
I have a bunch more springs to mess with. I think i'll add another soft one to each gate and see what that does. I can always turn up the boost controller some, but i definitely need more off the gates so I'll add a spring on each to start.

Not sure on the mufflers tbh... doubtful though?

I can't remember the last time I looked into a stock muffler. Def. wouldn't expect it to be chambered which is the worst.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Quick update..

Tuning with Lund and he found that my fuel rail pressure was dropping to 35 psi or less at only 4 psi boost even though I have the regulator set at 55 psi. Not good!!

Turns out the factory rail is a piece of shit. The port injection side of the rail is fed by the high pressure side of the rail.

Problem is port side is only fed with one tiny port on the driver side seen below.

Instead of buying $400+ worth of new rails and fittings I simply added another feed to the factory rail on the passenger side.

Logs confirm I now hold 55+ psi fuel pressure under boost. I’ve tested up to 10 psi boost and still holds. Hell yes!

Side note... that 10 psi hit was today on the highway in Mexico at 60 mph in 4th gear..... it absolutely wastes the tires from a 60 roll forcing me to pedal it into 5th and 6th! Insane.

52-B82-D4-F-DF1-C-4218-B594-5-BA9-CBC226-B9.jpg

5-FD54339-081-F-484-F-8-D9-B-92-E8-B62298-A2.jpg

62-B68-C26-5-BDE-4631-99-D4-5-F356-CC91-DAD.jpg

F438316-A-4-F7-F-4-D1-E-95-DB-C8-BE50-FBF337.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread